Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    man Rubio has been *** the two games I have watched. Michell has six TO's, Ingles cooled off, Favors is 3-11, Exum is 2-11, and the whole team is 7-28 from the 3pt line. the Grizzlies dared the Jazz to beat them from the outside and the Jazz have failed spectacularly.

Yeah, that game was hideous.

if someone had said during the offseason, 'you know what, i think the jazz will be tied with the rockets after the first week,' i'd have said that if their brain was dynamite, they wouldn't have enough to blow their nose. but here we are, and it's not much of a compliment.
    Last edited by chipurmunki; 10-24-2018 at 01:32 AM.
    HAWKS '13 ,'1 4, & '15 PREMIERS

"I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti...ffftt ffftt ffftt!"

try not to laugh
    "Iím not a ham-fisted nitwit."
    -Stork

Definitely need to win this game with Paul suspended and the Rockets playing generally like crap.

have to clean up the turnovers, but I thought everything else was pretty good. Mitchell was incredible. Rubio doesn't look right. if he keeps this up Exum should replace him.

The lethargic Derrick Favors is back. This is one reason why we signed him to a one year deal with a 2nd year option. So far this season he is a -4 plus/minus. In contrast Crowder is +28. I'll be watching that gap all season. Our offense with our starters is ranked dead last. Yes Mitchell has struggled and Favors is lacking intensity, but the real story is Rubio. He has made 7 shots in 32 attempts. Geez, never thought I would miss an Exum jump shot. Many of these are not contested shots. Teams are daring him to hit an open practice shot while they double Mitchell. The TV broadcasters mentioned he didn't look like he had his "legs under him" yet. A nice way to say he is not in game shape yet. Maybe Rubio has slow starts to the season because he is showing up to camp unprepared. Ricky could you hit the gym a little more in August. We all know Malone would have slapped him for showing up in anything less than game shape. In a recent interview Rubio said he was "living his best life". He could be a party animal in the offseason and is now trying to shake the rust off. By rust I mean spare tire. Hopefully it takes less time than last year.

I just don't think favors and Gobert works in today's NBA. I have no idea why Rubio isn't playing well, but man he has been terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by dhopisthename View Post
    I just don't think favors and Gobert works in today's NBA. I have no idea why Rubio isn't playing well, but man he has been terrible.
    The biggest reason they don't work is neither is good enough offensively to ever warrant a double or a closeout at any position on the court.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    The biggest reason they don't work is neither is good enough offensively to ever warrant a double or a closeout at any position on the court.
    the spacing doesn't work. Gobert is the best pick roller in the NBA with maybe the exception of Anthony davis. However when you have Favors out there the spacing gets more cramped which is why we play better with crowder on the floor. I am not the coach, but I honestly don't understand why we don't just start crowder. +15 for crowder tonight despite not hitting his shots and Favors a +2. what a come back game for rubio. Gobert was insane and Mitchell had 22 points on 10 shots. awesome game even if we did get super lucky with no davis.

mitchell now averaging 23/4/3 on 54.9ts%. not great, but at least average to above average. .

this team turns it over so much. just dumb mistakes as well.

solid win last night. nothing spectacular. have to hope we can get crowder back soon or it might be Niang time.

An intersting trade idea http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ya4t3uno .
    I would replace crowder with Favors so Basically we are eating nearly 65 million next year. Would I do it if I was the wizards? probably not. this signifies they are completely blowing it up and the offers will be better in the offseason. would I do if I was the Jazz? this is one so tough. thats a crap ton of money for wall.(note he has a huge extension kicking in next year.) Porter makes too much as well, but wall is a really good player and maybe giving him a really good coach can take him to another level.

Wall/Exum
    Mitchell
    Ingles/Oneal
    crowder/Porter
    Gobert

Georges Niang reminds me a lot of a younger Joe Ingles. I like him. He is a great shooter and a smart player. He's likely been overlooked because of a lack of athleticism.

I'm enjoying Exum's aggressive move to the hoop. He attacks the hoop in a way I love. That said there is something about the way he does it it just feels like a matter of time before he gets hurt. He falls awkwardly. He takes an awkward fall almost every game.

Rudy is averaging 17.7PPG so far. That is a 4.2 PPG increase from last year. With the new "freedom of movement" rule I can see him averaging 18 this year. Thus far Rudy ranks among NBA centers 5th in PPG, 4th in rebounds, 3rd in blocks, 1st in steals, 1st in fg percentage 75% and 74% from the free throw line. That is domination! He is without a doubt an all star this season.

What do you guys think of this idea? If the jazz continue to play as they are with two bench players in exit and crowder playing better than two starters in Rubio and favors there is an issue. Wizards are having issues on their team so long coveted and still young (25) porter could be had. Favors is intradeable until January. Also I donít believe the jazz can poach more than one fringe star in the off-season with so many big market teams in the hunt.

Jazz trade: favors/burks/bradley(for offseason money) and 1st round pick(also for offseason money)
    Wiz trade: porter

2019 offseason we should have enough if we just keep OíNeal and niang to get Harris or Middleton.

If we let Mitchell run the ball.

Mitchell/Middleton/Porter/Crowder/Gobert
    W/ Exum/Ingles/Niang

Killer lineup there.

Or if we could finagle a deal with burks/sefolosha/udoh and use our two exceptions we could just sign an extension for Rubio and guarantee favors putting us over the cap and giving us an 8 .8 mill mid level to spend on another good piece. Giving us a team that is good but adding a solid piece in porter and another good rotation piece in the offseason. Jazz are all about team unity and this would keep it mostly together while still adding some good pieces.

we can't trade for porter and still have enough to get harris or middleton.

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast