Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Beating Brooklyn in a close game is no major accomplishment. Nice to see Mitchell take over in the 4th.

Favors was -8 in 25 minutes. I will continue to be critical of his role until we start winning more games. Exum only played 7 minutes. He is averaging 17 minutes and only 6.7 points. If we are not going to play Exum, and Rubio can't hit a wide open shot, and Favors is in the wrong position, then an argument can be made that we may as well take on the insane John Wall contract. Seriously, we could for what we are paying these other three. I don't think that is what we should do, but I can see the argument.

man I am pretty excited to have Korver on this team. if you can get him open he is not shy about just shooting it. Ingles because of his slower release can't just flick it like Korver can.

If there's one guy in the league not afraid to shoot the ball it's Korver, and to have a coach who gives everyone the green light for shooting, except maybe Rudy, I have a feeling that Korver is going to FEAST on those threes. He'll get more open three's than he's ever had in the league and he's going to be great.

I hope I'm right lol.

pretty good game tonight. the hornets pgs tore us up and MKG shot way above his average and we still won comfortably. Korver looked like he had been here the whole time except a couple of sequences. this is some of things that Korver does that doesn't show up on the stat sheet http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=25420950

Quote Originally Posted by Firefistus View Post
    If there's one guy in the league not afraid to shoot the ball it's Korver, and to have a coach who gives everyone the green light for shooting, except maybe Rudy, I have a feeling that Korver is going to FEAST on those threes. He'll get more open three's than he's ever had in the league and he's going to be great.

I hope I'm right lol.
    one of two things will happen. either they will be forced to cover him super close opening things up immensly for our offense like they did most of tonight or they leave a 47% 3pt shooter open.

man I wonder if Mitchell is ever going to start making 3's. he is at 29% right now and if he was ever a 36% shooter where would that take his game.

I think he will. The second year is always the worst for new upcoming studs, and it looks like Mitchell is no different. As soon as he adjusts to everyone adjusting to his style of game he'll start getting into his rhythm again.

Merry Christmas D Wade. You still get star treatment with foul calls. He had several failed flopping attempts during the game, but hey, you only need one to work. It sucks, but I'm over it. Where we really lost the game was a 7.5 minute drought with zero buckets.

On a positive note, our defense looked much more solid. We are starting to adjust to the new rules and that excites me. We haven't had a bad defensive game in weeks now, and we've been on the road the entire season so far. So I suspect things will start to improve now.

Can someone give me some insight on why Exum is not getting many minutes right now? For 10 million per year I was expecting him to always get the nod over Neto. The last 3 games Exum had 2, 0, and 7 minutes.

On a positive note, our defense looked much more solid. We are starting to adjust to the new rules and that excites me. We haven't had a bad defensive game in weeks now, and we've been on the road the entire season so far. So I suspect things will start to improve now.
    I agree. The defense is much better. We held teams to 101 points per game on that road trip. We have played a brutal schedule. Toughest in the league and it shows. We are still only 5 games out of 1st in the West. I look forward to a great January when the schedule shifts to our favor. We also play a stretch of 14 straight very winnable games near the end of March.

Malcolm Brogdon is a restricted free agent this summer. I think he is a great fit for us at PG. He is an elite shooter from 3 and plays well off the ball. We put the ball in Mitchell's hands and Malcolm spots up for three. Imagine all those open shots Rubio is taking if we had a 49% 3 point shooter out there. He is young and the Bucks are gong to have trouble keeping him and Middleton this offseason. We would have to over pay him. This is the guy I would target to replace Rubio if I were GM.

I've been getting really frustrated lately with the Referee calls. I am usually one to side with the refs most of the time, but this year I feel like we really have been boned by them all season. I watch Russell Westbrook yell at the refs, I can hear it on the mics, saying "that's a F*ckin foul man, what the F#ck is wrong with you!!" And nothing. And Paul George has been pushing off all night long. Joe Ingles gets knocked to the ground by Grant on a drive and it's not called a foul, then on the other side, George runs into O'Neal, completely out of control, and O'Neal gets called the foul.

Ok, sure, O'Neal fouled, but Joe Ingles was literally knocked to the ground while driving, something they've been emphasizing and it wasn't called.

As I'm watching the game right now, Adams just grabbed Gobert and dragged him to the floor and Gobert got called the foul, then Gobert was talking to the refs, again I could hear what Gobert was saying, he said that wasn't a God Damn Foul" Nothing NEAR what Westbrook said, but Gobert gets hit with the T.

Maybe I don't understand the new rules enough. I'm usually someone to advocates for the refs, and has always believed you need to play to the way the refs are calling the game, but it's been like this all season. And I'm starting to get as frustrated as Rudy Gobert is.

I've been getting really frustrated lately with the Referee calls. I am usually one to side with the refs most of the time, but this year I feel like we really have been boned by them all season. I watch Russell Westbrook yell at the refs, I can hear it on the mics, saying "that's a F*ckin foul man, what the F#ck is wrong with you!!" And nothing. And Paul George has been pushing off all night long. Joe Ingles gets knocked to the ground by Grant on a drive and it's not called a foul, then on the other side, George runs into O'Neal, completely out of control, and O'Neal gets called the foul.

Ok, sure, O'Neal fouled, but Joe Ingles was literally knocked to the ground while driving, something they've been emphasizing and it wasn't called.

As I'm watching the game right now, Adams just grabbed Gobert and dragged him to the floor and Gobert got called the foul, then Gobert was talking to the refs, again I could hear what Gobert was saying, he said that wasn't a God Damn Foul" Nothing NEAR what Westbrook said, but Gobert gets hit with the T.

Maybe I don't understand the new rules enough. I'm usually someone to advocates for the refs, and has always believed you need to play to the way the refs are calling the game, but it's been like this all season. And I'm starting to get as frustrated as Rudy Gobert is.
    I agree 100%. The past few games have been just bad. It's a double standard. I had to stop watching a few games ago out of frustration. Rudy especially has had a bunch of BS calls against him. However, he needs to be careful not to start a Demarcus Cousins type reputation that will give these idiots a quick trigger.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567