Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    ugh this Jazz team just does so many dumb things like being out of bounds when you catch the ball. at least our defense has been good enough to keep the lead at 9.

the defense really stepped up in the 4th. Mitchell was incredible. Rubio played well. After Rudy fouled out Favors kinda redeemed himself. Ingles has been ice cold lately. Burks was awesome. Exum was solid. Oneal was solid. have to play better Friday to get a win though.

the defense stepping up int he 4th could always be the road team on a back to back running out of gas, but with how we had been playing its nice to get a win.

Great game against the Celtics! Felt like a playoff game. I personally loved they the crowd booed Hayward every time he touched it from start to finish!! Ingles and Crowder stepped up and Gobert was terrific.

I tell ya Crowder is one of those guys that you hate unless he's on your team. He's an instigator and we have several of those on the team. I really enjoyed that game!!

I hope the jazz can get some revenge against the grizz tonight. Hopefully roll over some of that momentum from Friday night!

I saw an interesting trade idea for the Jazz on bleacher report. It had Utah trading Alec Burks Raul Neto and a top 20 protected 2019 first round pick for Lou Williams and Boban Marjanovic. Lou Williams would be awesome playing next to Mitchell and would add another offensive weapon that is young. Wouldn稚 it be sick to package a Rubio or Favors in that deal to include Harris. Awwwww.

man I haven't seen anything from this team that says it can win 50 games 12 games in. our defense is soft. the offense can't stop turning the ball over. Rubio has been complete trash to start this season. I seriously wonder how long we can start him. maybe start Royce instead of him or something. Mitchell hasn't really improved over last year. Gobert the past few games can't stay out of foul trouble.

should be noted that I am not saying that we can't be at that level, but at this point we are pretty far from it. Tonight was a pretty decent start in the right direction. man Rubio, Mitchell, and Burks went 9-37 tonight. ouch, but still a good sign we won.

I think the best part of the year so far is Favors shooting from 37% from the three right now. If he can keep up that kind of shooting he'll be well worth signing long term I think. I attribute his work ethic very similarly to Millsap, and I think he'll continue to improve every year until he can't physically play anymore.

good god we lost by 50 to the mavericks. man i was so against just bringing the boys back. we look like a lottery team at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by dhopisthename View Post
    good god we lost by 50 to the mavericks. man i was so against just bringing the boys back. we look like a lottery team at this point.
    Yeah I have no idea what the **** that was. Just a disaster. Can't lose by 50 to one of the worst teams in the NBA.

PG play is killing us. Defensively and offensively. I personally felt that would be one of our strongest positions this year and it has not been the case.

I would like to see us move Donovan to PG and put Burks in the starting lineup. That puts more shooting on the floor and should help both Gobert and Favors.

Exum has been inconsistent, but has also been a game changer at times. Pair him with Allen who is a good shooter and our second unit would at least have a very athletic back court. There will obviously be learning curve, but they can develop into a solid backcourt over time.

Rubio is on an expiring contract and there are alot of PG needy teams out there. Trade him for a future asset

I like Rubio and I think he is a good person, but we need more shooting on our starting unit and does Rubio really want to be a backup PG? He feels like Joe Johnson to me right now. A vet that you want to ensure you treat right but who is hurting you more then helping you.

I agree about Rubio completely. I think we need to have a shake up for this team. Continuity is not working. We need to part ways as harsh as it may seem with a few players I think. I was looking at the numbers and if the jazz wanted to they could trade Favors and Exum with a protected pick maybe for a John wall of both teams need a shakeup come dec 15. Wizards may have to add a small contract to make it work.

Wall/Rubio/
    Mitchell/Burks/Allen
    Ingles/O誰eal
    Crowder/Niang
    Gobert/Udoh

This team looks like a good team. Even with John Walls monster contract set to start next season if the jazz choose to only retain O誰eal this offseason we will be somewhere around 92 mil leaving room to still possibly nab Harris or another fringe star this offseason.

Wall/(FA)
    Mitchell/Allen
    Ingles/O誰eal
    Harris/Crowder
    Gobert/Bradley

What do I know though lol. I feel like if the point of saving money is to get a superstar and you can nab one through trade what痴 the difference? Adding wall give us a third great player in a position where we frankly suck. Trading away favors gives an open spot at the four to let the deserving crowder start. Wizards will have 25+million to work with in the offseason to try and revamp their team around Beal as well as getting a young point guard with potential and a good center with a flexible contract.

I agree we need a shakeup, but I would not touch Wall with a ten foot pole. He is not a good shooter and his contract is HORRIBLE.

I would be ok with a move for Porter, who I heard is possibly on the block. He is overpaid, but he is a good, versatile player.

Quote Originally Posted by Cptgrnlngs22 View Post
    I agree about Rubio completely. I think we need to have a shake up for this team. Continuity is not working. We need to part ways as harsh as it may seem with a few players I think. I was looking at the numbers and if the jazz wanted to they could trade Favors and Exum with a protected pick maybe for a John wall of both teams need a shakeup come dec 15. Wizards may have to add a small contract to make it work.

Wall/Rubio/
    Mitchell/Burks/Allen
    Ingles/O誰eal
    Crowder/Niang
    Gobert/Udoh

This team looks like a good team. Even with John Walls monster contract set to start next season if the jazz choose to only retain O誰eal this offseason we will be somewhere around 92 mil leaving room to still possibly nab Harris or another fringe star this offseason.

Wall/(FA)
    Mitchell/Allen
    Ingles/O誰eal
    Harris/Crowder
    Gobert/Bradley

What do I know though lol. I feel like if the point of saving money is to get a superstar and you can nab one through trade what痴 the difference? Adding wall give us a third great player in a position where we frankly suck. Trading away favors gives an open spot at the four to let the deserving crowder start. Wizards will have 25+million to work with in the offseason to try and revamp their team around Beal as well as getting a young point guard with potential and a good center with a flexible contract.

So we never go after Quinn Snyder. He is a good, smart, guy... so any of our issues we always blame on a lack of talent.

HOWEVER, the last few games, we have not looked like a disciplined team. A disciplined, blue collar team, is what we are supposed to be... both by tradition and by the players we go after. But I am not seeing that and I feel that is a coaching issue.

- Mitchel with an insane amount of shots and ZERO assists. Coaching issue. Pull him if he is not playing within the offense or being a team player. Don't keep him in and let him make the news with a historic selfish night

- 2nd worst loss in team history to a subpar Dallas team. People giving up, not playing hard. Can't blame a but kicking like that to bad luck... that is bad coaching

- Horrible FT shooting by the entire team. One playing not shooting well, bad luck. Whole team not shooting well, issues with coaching

I am not saying Quinn is not a good coach. I think he is one of the most brilliant coaches in the NBA from an X and O perspective. But it "feels" like this summer the whole team got together and sang kumbiya and now they are afraid to hurt each others feelings. I do not like the lack of discipline, the lack of accountability. You can be a close knit group and still hold each other accountable.

This team feels mentally weak to me. They seem like they are being coddled. If they are going to be a blue collar team, you need to man up and play with passion all the time. You need to be disciplined and do the small things. You need to play defense and make sure anyteam you are playing is not enjoying playing against you. None of these things are happening this year and I don't like it.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234