Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718
    I agree somewhat on the booing thing. I was ok with booing Hayward and kanter for like a few games, but Jeez its been like 4 years since Kanter played for us and I don't think he has said anything recently about the Jazz. As for Hayward I think its ok to boo when they leave. Just like players can leave whenever they want, fans can be pissed when players leave. Also, I think this idea we are better off losing a all star caliber player is silly. Like he has been terrible for Boston.

As for the whole fan incident thing I thought this kind of stuff was normal. get on your knees sounds like something a 12 year old says on an Xbox. I think there was way more to it though. His tweet about someone kicking westbrooks butt was pretty sad.

Minny takes terrible shots and plays horrible defense, but we are missing easy shots and minny is making quite a few of the tough shots. plus the only people that can keep towns from scoring 50 is himself with some bad fouls and his teammates never letting him touch the ball.

What is tough about this season is I don't think we are any closer to figuring out what we need to do next season.

1) Should we keep Favors? His numbers with Gobert off the court are through the roof. Elite backup center, can play with Gobert and be good defensively bot not offensively

2) If we do keep favors, would having a better PG allow us to keep Favors and Gobert on the court at the same time longer?

3) If we decide to keep Favors and feel a great PG would allow us to get more minutes of them together... who would that player be?

4) If we don't keep Favors, we probably need to target a PG and a PF... or can we get by with Rubio if we get a stretch 4?

One potential thought... Deangelo Russel? His weakness is getting to the rim, but that may not be a bad thing if we have 2 bigs on the floor. He is very good running the pick and role, still young to grow with the team.

I think almost no matter what we have to upgrade the PG position. I am almost at the point that I would rather have Neto starting over him. Ricky is a great passer and comes up with a ton of 50/50 balls, but you can't have a PG who doesn't shoot and can't score near the rim. he is literally shooting 18% this month. There is rumblings that Kemba wants to leave, but would he want to come here. would he and Donovan be too similar.

ok night for the Jazz standings wise. OKC loses again to the heat at home. Pretty brutal loss honestly. Blazers and spurs win at against tough opponents. I broke down the tough games for the Jazz remaining lets look at the rest of the west.

Rockets-Honestly its kinda tough, but they have 3 gimme games left as well. being 3 games ahead its unlikely we catch up unless we don't lose a single game from here on out or they lose me then I would expect them too
    VS San Antonio
    @ milwaukee
    vs Denver
    @ Clippers
    @okc

Trailblazers- Its pretty easy I don't see us catching them unless they miss CJ way more then they did tonight
    @ Detroit
    @ Denver
    vs Denver

Spurs- A lot of road games where they aren't great, but they are super hot right now.
    @ Houston
    @ Boston
    @ Denver

OKC-Still brutal
    vs Toronto
    @ Toronto
    vs Indiana
    vs Denver
    vs Houston
    @ Milwaukee-This is the last game of the year so its possible/Probable it won't matter

Clippers-not too bad
    vs Indiana
    @ Milwaukee
    vs Houston
    @ Golden State
    vs utah-last game of the year. Never know the implications of this game.

I think the most likely scenario is that we are 5th seed for the 3rd year in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by dhopisthename View Post
    I think almost no matter what we have to upgrade the PG position. I am almost at the point that I would rather have Neto starting over him. Ricky is a great passer and comes up with a ton of 50/50 balls, but you can't have a PG who doesn't shoot and can't score near the rim. he is literally shooting 18% this month. There is rumblings that Kemba wants to leave, but would he want to come here. would he and Donovan be too similar.
    Our PG position is a disaster. I don't see any scenario where we keep Rubio. The Exum experiment is over. He didn't work out. With their injury history and inconsistency it would be foolish to rely on them another year. In contrast we are a very good team when Rubio plays well. I'm excited to see how good we can be with a PG like Jrue, Kemba, or Conley.

Quote Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
    Our PG position is a disaster. I don't see any scenario where we keep Rubio. The Exum experiment is over. He didn't work out. With their injury history and inconsistency it would be foolish to rely on them another year. In contrast we are a very good team when Rubio plays well. I'm excited to see how good we can be with a PG like Jrue, Kemba, or Conley.
    we will see if we can get any of them. our trade assets suck. we could really use a free agent signing because with exum and Allen sucking we have about zero real trade assets.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718