Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Good points, that the players we are looking to replace are not bad players and still have potential. Maybe it is not about finding good players but finding good fits.

We have some of the best depth in the NBA, would like to see us use it a bit more by having players play more aggressive.

I also think we need to add some developmental players that are higher upside. We do not have any young guys that I am excited to see. At the end of blowouts I am pretty bored with the players we put in there. We have some of the best coaches in the NBA, so would like to see us have some higher upside raw talent that we are developing.

But in general, we just need to keep making tweaks... keeping bringing in competition and keep guys on the team aggressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
    I think a big trade is highly unlikely. This conservative organization prefers to give players many chances to prove themselves. They are loyal almost to a fault. I'm not sure it really matters because the Warriors are going to win it all this year no matter what trade we pull off. I think most Jazz fans would agree we could use a better fit at PG and PF. But Exum has a few good games and suddenly it doesn't make sense to trade for our PG of the future. Rubio has games where his shot is hitting and we all start to wonder if this could continue. The same can be said about Favors and Crowder. Crowder's advanced stats look good enough to wonder if we even need a different stretch 4. Favors looks lethargic some games and then has a game where he saves us from loosing. I like all 4 players, but I don't think any of them are the long term answer. Making a move in the offseason is much more likely.

Mitchell has really been trash this season. I know the coaches keep saying we need his aggressiveness etc. but man, 7-23 is pure garbage. He's a worse shooter than Rubio from 3.....he's really regressed. We better hope that he has a big jump next year or he may just be an inefficient chucker. At this point he doesn't do enough other things to justify his horrible efficiency. I mean Kawhi scored 45pts on one less shot than Mitchell who had 19....ugh. Honestly, if Mitchell doesn't show any improvement next year we need to blow it up and tank for a few years. I know it'll never happen because it's just not how the Jazz work but if Mitchell doesn't become an All-Star caliber player this team is going nowhere.

Ya, it's been a rough season for him so far. I'm personally not worried at all about it. A lot of players have that second year slump, and it's looking like Mitchell is no exception. Most of Mitchells shots aren't good shots this year so far. He just needs experience to his game, and that just takes time.

Honestly the piece that I feel needs to change is our PG. I love Rubio as much as the next guy, but I feel like we would be better with a different PG. George Hill was PERFECT for our system, but he's too old now to keep up in today's NBA. Everyone keeps talking about getting Kemba Walker, but I'm not sure his defense would be good enough to earn minutes on our roster.

I would LOVE to see Jrue Holiday on our team and think he's the perfect fit. But I don't think the Pelicans have any desire to trade him. Even a package of Rubio and Crowder or something like that probably wouldn't do it. (despite the fact that Elfrid Payton gets a ton of minutes already.)

man I think Blake would be an interesting trade piece. I wouldn't give up much since his contract is horrendous, but he makes 3's and would give us someone other mitchell who can get a shot. I doubt the pistons would move him though.

Quote Originally Posted by dhopisthename View Post
    man I think Blake would be an interesting trade piece. I wouldn't give up much since his contract is horrendous, but he makes 3's and would give us someone other mitchell who can get a shot. I doubt the pistons would move him though.
    I have thought about this before. His contract is gross but Detroit is going nowhere so maybe they think about it. He would fit nicely next to Gobert and help spread the floor and we need a guy who cam get their own shot very badly to go along with Mitchell.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    I have thought about this before. His contract is gross but Detroit is going nowhere so maybe they think about it. He would fit nicely next to Gobert and help spread the floor and we need a guy who cam get their own shot very badly to go along with Mitchell.
    It will be interesting to see what teams start to rebuild. I can see a few teams getting close. It appears to be obvious that the Pistons or Pelicans are going nowhere. If they blow it up I can see us going after Blake or Holiday. For now, these teams are only a few games outside of the playoffs. Too close to blow the team up.

Chandler Parsons is available, but I don't see us grabbing him unless he gets bought out by Memphis. His contract is god-awful, and we frankly can't take it on. Rebuilding teams are asking Memphis for a 1st rounder with Parsons. If we could somehow shed 22 million in cap space we could get him for free basically. But we would have to trade someone like Exum or Favors, or Crowder, and I just don't see us doing that.

Talk about bad luck. We finally get to play at home against some easier teams and we have injuries. Hopefully this doesn't ruin our trade deadline plans. I would like to see Mitchell play the PG for now. Put the ball in his hands Harden style and see what he can do.

yeah its crazy to lose 3 PG's in less then a week. now we have to have Donny playing out of position even if I think he probably has to learn the position eventually.

on a tear lately and moved into 8th place. I wonder if mitchell playing PG has made them happy or if they still want at true PG out there. can't go off results because we have basically played 4 sub .500 teams on this stretch. BTW Donovan has been a beast this month. 27/5/4 on 46% from the field and 46% from 3. I figured at some point he had to get on a hot streak to balance out his horrible early season shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by dhopisthename View Post
    on a tear lately and moved into 8th place. I wonder if mitchell playing PG has made them happy or if they still want at true PG out there. can't go off results because we have basically played 4 sub .500 teams on this stretch. BTW Donovan has been a beast this month. 27/5/4 on 46% from the field and 46% from 3. I figured at some point he had to get on a hot streak to balance out his horrible early season shooting.
    It's also no coincidence that we started winning when our D went back to top of the league. Rudy has been playing great. If we can get Crowder to hit like 30% of his shots we'd be really hard to beat. He's been awful lately but Rudy/Mitchell have been making up for it. I would like to see a larger sample size but I like what we are seeing without Rubio/Exum. Now at least everybody on the court has to be a respected shooter and can't be left wide *** open. I think that's helped open things up for Mitchell a bit more along with everyone else.

pretty solid win another good game for Mitchell. If he is just more comfortable as a #1 we have to leave him there and just get a better wing.

Man I hope Gobert is going to make the all star game. he is 3rd in win shares per 48, 13th in RPM. With Mitchell being terrible most of the year, Ingles having a downish year, and basically the whole team struggling to shoot the whole year, he has really kept us afloat.

enough with the hyperbole. he's still a top-10 sg.
    HAWKS '13 ,'1 4, & '15 PREMIERS

"I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti...ffftt ffftt ffftt!"

"of course tom 'jan' brady would whine about a rule change."
    -chipurmunki

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789