Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021
    It was meant to be! Two buzzer beaters on Tuesday, and two improbable comebacks last night and we are now facing Houston. The odds were very low. Miracles had to happen so I was resting easy. Last night I checked the score and the Kings were up by almost 30. I thought we were good. The basketball gods had other plans. Now i wish we would have lost one more game. OKC could have played Houston, but now they play on the easier side of the western conference playoffs. Much easier. We have to go through Houston and the Dynasty Warriors. OKC has to go through the injured Blazers and then an overrated Nuggets team with no playoff experience. In my opinion this Jazz team could have killed it with that schedule and made it to the western conference finals. It would have been fools gold since the best teams are GS and Houston. I suppose we should be grateful. If we would have gone to the conference finals playing the softer side we may have a false sense of where we are and bring the same old boys back this summer. That would suck. So I guess I hope we play well, but also I hope for the sake of this team long term that we get exposed for not having a #2 scorer and a below average point guard. I'm serious. I hope Rubio gets roasted by CP3 so Dennis has less of a blinding man crush come free agency time. If that is the gut punch we have to take then I welcome it. I love Rubio as a person and a player but he is not the answer. The only thing I really want to see is Gobert just destroy Capella. Last year in the playoffs Capella "appeared" to win this match up. Truth is Rudy was so focused on Harden that Capella got some easy buckets. However, the media living in only the moment declared Capella the better player. This upset many Jazz fans and especially Rudy. Remember the game when Rudy lost his cool and was ejected for slapping a water bottle? That was against the Rockets. Rudy wanted revenge and then they hit him with 2 fouls on 2 flops. I expect to see a passionate Rudy come out to play. I am already starting to hate CP3 again. He will pull off his usual antics. Harden will continue to outsmart the officials. And worst of all the flopping will be hot and heavy. My prediction on the series is that at least one Jazz fan will be rushed to the emergency room for having a heart attack or something as a result of the Rockets getting foul calls they don't deserve. Yep, these Rockets are going to kill a Jazz fan in these playoffs.

Odds of getting struck by lightning in your lifetime : 1/700,000

Odds of Jazz Rockets meeting in 1st round at one point last night: 1/898,757

yeah it was so crazy at how close we were to not playing the Rockets. I think locke posted that 3/4 games the past two days had a 95+ win probability of winning and all of them lost. like the worst part was that once the Thunder lost to the Thunder I figured we were going to play the Rockets, but then these games kept happening.

Yikes! Not sure the coaches game plan was to let Harden easily run by them and easily breakdown the defense. I see what they were trying to do, but it was not working. The real problems are unsolvable. Trap Mitchell with 2 or 3 guys and leave Rubio wiiiiiiiide open. Harden is unguardable if he is allowed a subtle push off. I trust Quinn to fix the gameplan but we are clearly outmatched.

If we didn't have our turnover issue that game would've been close. Honestly the defense wasn't horrible, it was the offensive turnovers that absolutely crushed us. It looks bad because we pulled our starters with 6 minutes left in the 4th, and Houston kept their second string in, while we had our 3rd string going.

One thing I noticed that I think we are probably going to exploit. Because if I noticed it, you know Quinn noticed it. They are switching EVERYTHING 1-5. They usually don't switch 5 on pnr, but they were. If they keep doing that we HAVE to make them pay. Get it to Rudy up high and get him buckets. Rudy had a guard on him all day long, and we have to exploit that. It's a huge advantage for us if we can just get the pass in to Rudy.

I think if the Jazz can't do something this next game this series is over and likely in 4-5 games.

Quote Originally Posted by dhopisthename View Post
    I think if the Jazz can't do something this next game this series is over and likely in 4-5 games.
    Well they sure aren't doing anything so far other than getting blown out.

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021