Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 74 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2464727374
Results 1,096 to 1,106 of 1106
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Laughable. For one, he's already a champion. Colin is good at what he does but he has some terrible takes.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    Laughable. For one, he's already a champion. Colin is good at what he does but he has some terrible takes.
    Provocative, timely and unique take though isn't it?

I thought it was a ripe take for discussion. Of course when he ranting about certain players being "champions" and omitted Kawhi from that category it derailed his whole thread...

I thought it was a ripe take for discussion. Of course when he ranting about certain players being "champions" and omitted Kawhi from that category it derailed his whole thread...
    Yeah that can be Colin sometimes. We are also known as the baby dinosaurs on that network. And for all the talk about playmaking, Kawhi is actually improving in that area with all the responsibility on the ball. To cite his career average and conclude that he can't pass is very misleading and i love how he dismisses defense. Yes it is hard to contain players but it's still very important.
    Last edited by aman_13; Today at 12:21 AM.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Yeah that can be Colin sometimes. We are also known as the baby dinosaurs on that network. And for all the talk about playmaking, Kawhi is actually improving in that area with all the responsibility on the ball. To cite his career average and conclude that he can't pass is very misleading and i love how he dismisses defense. Yes it is hard to contain players but it's still very important.
    I am hopeful Kawhi gets comfortable with the teammates to improve that part of his game more. He still looks for Green a lot (makes sense, there is familiarity there) when his own shot isn't there. I'm still not convinced the team has actually meshed with Kawhi yet.

I am hopeful Kawhi gets comfortable with the teammates to improve that part of his game more. He still looks for Green a lot (makes sense, there is familiarity there) when his own shot isn't there. I'm still not convinced the team has actually meshed with Kawhi yet.
    Oh they have ways to go. Green just knows where to be. He understands Kawhi's tendencies. At some point i think Lowry will build that same chemistry along with the other guys.

I also think Kawhi could do less and he's kind of alluded to that as well. The Raptors are tougher when they are just swinging the ball and playing with more pace.

Don't care about most of what he was talking about but I definitely have been complaining about kawhi's playmaking all year. Hopefully he learns to trust his guys more because he has a good team around him.

I love, love listening to Colin. Dont always agree, but hes intellectual and compelling as a speaker.

But this entire segment was garbage. Badly mistakes passing quantity for passing quality. He doesn't dribble the air out of the ball with the intention of passing like many others but it took me 2 games to decide he was a better passer than some guys with 2 times the assist averages of his own. His feel for the game is phenomenal, and there is no better predictor of someone's passing ability imo. He doesn't look to pass, he plays completely in the moment and if the right play is to pass to someone he does it. He sees things that I am used to screaming at the tv about and then he does them. So used to fast breaks that left me scratching my head.

It is absolutely not coincidence that Lowry's playmaking has flourished, he allows Lowry to do what he does best. If 3 apg is evidence to Colin that Kawhi is a bad passer I dont want him to get better thanks.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Jamiecballer; Today at 11:57 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    Well a couple of ppl like Lowe were saying those leaked deals weren't real. GMs were under the impression they had no desire to rebuild and were looking for the best win now package.
    Well it's a tough call. They did make the playoffs without him last year. This year the West got deeper and their roster doesn't have the best fit (though they might be able to alleviate that next year) with more picks/money in addition to the injuries and vets leaving.

irc they basically told him he was their backup option when they extended him. He was on the trading block before then as well.
    Didn't hear that part. Which is surprising considering he was on his way to winning FMVP before his extension I think.

Never understood these "hot takes". Ruins the discussion around the game.

There's more than 1 way to play the game.

I also think Kawhi could do less and he's kind of alluded to that as well. The Raptors are tougher when they are just swinging the ball and playing with more pace.
    Fully agree might i add Lowry being more involved and driving to the rim. Like the previous two games.

Page 74 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2464727374