Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 71
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    3,210
    Warriors' fans seem to overrate their players while underrating anyone who isn't a Warrior. Taking those players off their teams, Middleton is the better player. The only thing that Thompson is clearly better at is 3 point shooting. Middleton plays pretty good defense as well and is a much better ball handler, rebounder and passer. He may not be this great player, but he's a better player than most give him credit for.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    20,183
    and klay pours in 12 points, and missed multiple open 3s again..... just not standing out as a max player

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    28,761
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastSportz View Post
    Warriors' fans seem to overrate their players while underrating anyone who isn't a Warrior. Taking those players off their teams, Middleton is the better player. The only thing that Thompson is clearly better at is 3 point shooting. Middleton plays pretty good defense as well and is a much better ball handler, rebounder and passer. He may not be this great player, but he's a better player than most give him credit for.
    Middleton is a good player no doubt, I just don't think he could replicate Klay's production for this Warriors team, and since money makes no difference once you are over the cap and the Warriors can't add Middleton to the roster without losing more talent than just Klay I don't see the point at all.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    20,183
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Middleton is a good player no doubt, I just don't think he could replicate Klay's production for this Warriors team, and since money makes no difference once you are over the cap and the Warriors can't add Middleton to the roster without losing more talent than just Klay I don't see the point at all.
    Look at their stats this season though... Middleton is averaging over 20 ppg at 53% shooting from the floor with over 6 boards a night. klay cant even be counted on to make wide open shots

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    28,761
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    Look at their stats this season though... Middleton is averaging over 20 ppg at 53% shooting from the floor with over 6 boards a night. klay cant even be counted on to make wide open shots
    1. 2 games is a meaningless sample.

    2. Counting stats don't show things like how much time the player has the ball. Klay is the best player in the NBA in moving to get open to be the outlet for the ball dominant players on the team. He's brilliant in being an efficient scorer without needing the ball which is a very rare skill in the NBA. Add to that that he's an excellent man defender.

    Middleton may be a more versatile offensive player than Klay but his value to the Warriors would not be as high.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    20,183
    Klay Thompson is actually making Lonzo ball look like a better shooter than him. Sriously for a guy who is known as a decent to pretty good shooter- you need to be actively trying to shoot the ball worse than lonzo ball and thats regardless of sample size..... its been well documented that ball is a horrible shooter

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    20,183
    Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    Everything you said gets minimized when you say the bold. It's 1 game
    ok 3 games, going on 4 tonight with no sign of this stopping. Worse yet, he is yet to play against an all star or an all defensive team player yet. he should be doing above average if anything. He doesnt appear to be interested in in turning things around either.... last night he seemed content repeatedly taking crappy shots and making easier shots harder then they needed to be.

    One time he went to the rim and dunked that- he should take a page out of james hardens book. BTW- he allowed gary harris (who was on the back end of a back to back) to score above his average as well so he isnt even playing defense at an average level


    Yknow whats funny- when the warriors are on the back end of a back to back... fitzgerald brings it up like every 4th sentence during the broadcast. As if the deck is stacked so far against you its basically a lost cause. Like your terminally ill with 4th stage cancer, and it would take a miracle to beat it. Yet- I dont think he believes it impacts any warriors opponent at all, because he mentioned it once in the pregame but never once during the game. He also never uses it to discount a warriors win. It also pisses me off when the warriors are playing a far superior team and fitz says they are trying to steal a win. LMAO when you are favored by double digits and you have 4 all stars.....you are not the one stealing a win against a 25 win team.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    30,066
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    Look at their stats this season though... Middleton is averaging over 20 ppg at 53% shooting from the floor with over 6 boards a night. klay cant even be counted on to make wide open shots
    Our new coach Bud said to all the Bucks. Let it fly as in three pointers. Were shooting like 40 3 pointers a game and hitting like 38% or more.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    3,210
    If Klay struggles with his 3 point shot, he's pretty much useless on the offensive end of the ball. I'm not saying he's going to stay at 12% from behind the arc, but my point is that he really can't do much of anything else offensively when he's 3 pointers aren't falling. When Curry is struggling with his shot, he has the ability to get to rim and finished. He can also get others involved. Klay, through 3 games, has 1 assist and 7 turnovers.

    Can this team still win a championship if they're able to keep Curry, Durant and Draymond and plug in someone like Middleton? I think so. How about someone like Kentavious Caldwell Pope? Because neither one of those guys will be asking anything close to $38M. KCP can probably be had for $15M-$18M.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, US
    Posts
    10,913
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Except when a team is over the cap how much they go over the cap only matters to the owner. The Warriors are going to be over the cap when they start free agency this year with 7 free agents. There is no way the team gets better by renouncing their free agents and trying to sign new free agents. Who is available as a free agent who is better than Klay for less than the max?
    Absolutely no one. Not sure why this is a discussion if they're willing to pay. The 3 guys (who know Im talking baout) should retire Warriors. We just need solid scoring and vet leadership off the bench, and barring significant injuries, we'll be in contention for the next 5-10 years easy

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, US
    Posts
    10,913
    I like Middleton, hes a good player. But isn't he injury prone? I know Klay isn't. And I trust Klay in the playoffs and down the streth. You gotta be loyal to your guys man. This is the way the great teams did it. Money shouldnt be an issue if we're winning championships.

    Now if we lose, then we can re-assess.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, US
    Posts
    10,913
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    1. 2 games is a meaningless sample.

    2. Counting stats don't show things like how much time the player has the ball. Klay is the best player in the NBA in moving to get open to be the outlet for the ball dominant players on the team. He's brilliant in being an efficient scorer without needing the ball which is a very rare skill in the NBA. Add to that that he's an excellent man defender.

    Middleton may be a more versatile offensive player than Klay but his value to the Warriors would not be as high.
    Westcoastsportz and likemystylez have ALWAYS been tough on Klay Thompson, no BS.

    I think it's his easy going stoner demeanor, they're clearly Trump supporters who don't support the legalization of marijuana.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, US
    Posts
    10,913
    Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    Our new coach Bud said to all the Bucks. Let it fly as in three pointers. Were shooting like 40 3 pointers a game and hitting like 38% or more.
    Would you trade Middleton for Klay Thompson straight up? No homerism, would you do it?

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, US
    Posts
    10,913
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    ok 3 games, going on 4 tonight with no sign of this stopping. Worse yet, he is yet to play against an all star or an all defensive team player yet. he should be doing above average if anything. He doesnt appear to be interested in in turning things around either.... last night he seemed content repeatedly taking crappy shots and making easier shots harder then they needed to be.
    Hes clearly enhanced/ changed his game and its taking a minute to adjust. This is pretty normal if you ask me on a team where he's not asked to be the man.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    3,210
    I've always been tough on Klay because I've always thought he was overhyped and overrated. Its like Monta Ellis. People were talking about Ellis as this huge superstar and I think many people here knew I wasn't an Ellis fan, which is why I said that fans tend to overrate their own players, especially announcers like Fitzgerald who thought Ellis was one of the best players in the league. I'm also not taking away Klay's value on this team, but also thinks he wouldn't carry much value on another team. Bottom line is that I'd take Klay at $25M a year, but I'd pass on him at $38M. But I'd also rather have Middleton at $20M.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •