Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Maybe, but the Warriors need more shooting, a problem that gets a lot worse without Klay, and once again, why let him go when it's essentially impossible to replace him?
    Every team needs more shooting except the Warriors.

Weíre the perfect team because of the guys we have. We canít afford to lose any of them (though we won a championship without Durant + Bogut (smart elite passing center)

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Maybe, but the Warriors need more shooting, a problem that gets a lot worse without Klay, and once again, why let him go when it's essentially impossible to replace him?
    In a perfect world, even though I wouldn't want Klay at $38M a year, I'd want him back with this team along with Green and Durant. If it isn't broke, then don't fix it, but like it has been said, its not our money. From a business standpoint, I don't see it happening.

Youíre worth what someone will pay you... if we donít offer Klay the max someone else with cap will. We also have zero way of replacing Klay. This can lead to bad decisions for teams middling but seeing as were on 3 of 4 and going for a 3 peat you go all in at all costs. Ideally he signs for a team friendly deal (which everything heís said seems to lend to the fact that he will). His skill set will also remain intact as he ages. Thereís no good reason not to pay him. Itís not our money and we have a new stadium to fill up. Klay was part of this from the beginning and has a very likable personality. Plus thereís no guarantee that KD returns. Whereas Klay will retire a Warrior. Is a max high for Klay, likely. Is he worth it, likely.

and again klay just lacks consistency .... here we go again where we are going on 3 or 4 straight games when he cant be counted on to hit wide open outside shots. Even Doncic can make a lot of these. They say a great player doesnt have back to back bad games.... and klay has had 3 or 4 game streaks of bad games multiple times this season and we arent even halfway through...... i would like to get a so called great player for a max contract

Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    and again klay just lacks consistency .... here we go again where we are going on 3 or 4 straight games when he cant be counted on to hit wide open outside shots. Even Doncic can make a lot of these. They say a great player doesnt have back to back bad games.... and klay has had 3 or 4 game streaks of bad games multiple times this season and we arent even halfway through...... i would like to get a so called great player for a max contract
    Max contracts go to more than super stars. You have to pay what the market will pay, and the issue is there is no way to replace what Klay does if he leaves even if he's not a super star.

If Klay's numbers stay relatively the same throughout this season, then he maybe easier to replace than one would think. He's not shooting the three ball well at 33%. He seems to be taking a lot of shots that he usually doesn't take. I know this his contract year, but he hasn't been good at creating his own shots, which he has been trying to do a lot so far. This is the most field goal attempts he's had in his career with 18.7 and is averaging 21 points per game. Last year, he took 16 a game and averaged 20 points. I know people will mention his defensive abilities, but I don't think he's this great defender who can't be replaced. He's no Kawhi Leonard or even a Bruce Bowen.

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastSportz View Post
    If Klay's numbers stay relatively the same throughout this season, then he maybe easier to replace than one would think. He's not shooting the three ball well at 33%. He seems to be taking a lot of shots that he usually doesn't take. I know this his contract year, but he hasn't been good at creating his own shots, which he has been trying to do a lot so far. This is the most field goal attempts he's had in his career with 18.7 and is averaging 21 points per game. Last year, he took 16 a game and averaged 20 points. I know people will mention his defensive abilities, but I don't think he's this great defender who can't be replaced. He's no Kawhi Leonard or even a Bruce Bowen.
    He's certainly having a down year on both offense and defense. But the question still is, how do you replace him with no cap space? The most the Warriors will have is the tax-payer exception.

He will be worth billions when the playoffs start.

Quote Originally Posted by theotherguy View Post
    He will be worth billions when the playoffs start.
    He's critical for sure. Don't know about "billions"

So far, in the playoffs, and for the latter part of the season, he hasn't looked all that great. I don't buy the whole "guarding the opposing team's best player" because he doesn't. He's definitely not guarding Harden in the playoffs and Lou Williams scored on him at will. He's taking ill-advised shots at critical times of the games. Definitely not worth billions at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastSportz View Post
    So far, in the playoffs, and for the latter part of the season, he hasn't looked all that great. I don't buy the whole "guarding the opposing team's best player" because he doesn't. He's definitely not guarding Harden in the playoffs and Lou Williams scored on him at will. He's taking ill-advised shots at critical times of the games. Definitely not worth billions at this point.
    It doesn't matter. He's going to get paid whatever he wants because the team doesn't really have any other options.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345