Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDish87 View Post
    lastly, man we need Bell and soon. He might not even report til after the trade deadline though.
    I think after this game, it's more likely to happen than ever. The division is still wide open, but we need points in a major way. I saw rumors about Devante Parker but I don't think that moves the needle for us. Bell is at least an attempt at a home run swing for an offense that needs a shot in the arm with points. Bell can at least make plays for us and serve as RB1 and WR2.

"I wanna throw it 70 yards to Desean... Give the people what they want."

yea i saw the Parker thing too but i agree hes not adding anything significant.

We need to get guys healthy, that's about the skinny of it.

#DingerSZN
    #AllenWatch
    .603AVG/.621BP/1.017SLG/1.638OPS/19RBIs/3Dingers(1 grand slam)

Quote Originally Posted by Young$avage View Post
    Not a good team right now.

This game kind of shows me that we are limited offensively. We need an explosive playmaker NOW.

Only hope at this point to make the playoffs is to win the division. Losses to Panthers, Vikings, and Bucs suck right now. I expect Howie to go after Bell, honestly. Unless the goal is to not make the playoffs, then we'd stand pat.
    I think eagles will stay pat hoping Sproles will add some explosiveness but I dont know about that. He is 35 and has a nagging hamstring injury+hasn't played/practiced in 6 weeks?

I find it disturbing reading posts on page 3 of this thread. Wentz is being blamed. As bad as the offense has been he has been pretty good imo. First few games back he was being sacked non stop and now that the line has kinda settled down a bit he is making plays but there is only so much he can do. I agree with the final possession, he was off but so was the entire team including the coaches, everyone was shaken and did not picture themselves in that position while being up 17-0. If you will blame Wentz for this loss then credit him for the 17 points that they did put up because no player on the eagles roster can do what he did with those tight window throws and throwing TD's on the run. Ertz and Jeffery are good players but Wentz makes them better.

In the 4th Quarter the D only had to make 1 stop, just 1 and they could not, much like the 14 point come from behind loss vs the Titans. D let us down vs the Titans and vs the Panthers. It seems every week opposing QB's pick apart the D, when the rush doesn't get home they have a easy time making the secondary look bad. During the Panthers fourth-quarter run, they averaged nine yards per snap.

I don't care if it was windy or not but Elliot has to connect on FG's. Had he made that 1st FG we would have taken another FG at the end and won the game instead of throwing for the win. It was windy yesterday and both kickers missed but elliot seems to miss at least once a game.

Jimbo is our big loser of the week, and it comes down to the tired truth: He doesnít adjust well. Schwartz relies on his defensive line getting pressure at such an outstanding click that, when it doesnít come, he doesnít have a change-up. He did a great job working different zone looks into the game early, and then once Carolina got a scoring drive in place, he seemed panic and go solely Cover 1/Cover 3. The Panthers picked that defense apart on two straight drives ó certainly getting some high-quality tackle-breaks from the quarterback, but hey! The other guys get paid, too.
    Can sit here all day and point fingers, there is a lot of blame to be spread around. Hope Eagles come back strong because we haven't faced off vs any NFC East teams yet. Still have a shot boys.
    Last edited by mnatiq; 10-22-2018 at 01:33 PM.

We need Sproles, Wallace (IR), Hollins (IR), Nagata, Jernigan, and Sidney Jones to come back. Don't know how bad Rodney McLeod's injury is, can he come back later in the season or not.

Quote Originally Posted by mnatiq View Post
    I find it disturbing reading posts on page 3 of this thread. Wentz is being blamed. As bad as the offense has been he has been pretty good imo. First few games back he was being sacked non stop and now that the line has kinda settled down a bit he is making plays but there is only so much he can do. I agree with the final possession, he was off but so was the entire team including the coaches, everyone was shaken and did not picture themselves in that position while being up 17-0. If you will blame Wentz for this loss then credit him for the 17 points that they did put up because no player on the eagles roster can do what he did with those tight window throws and throwing TD's on the run. Ertz and Jeffery are good players but Wentz makes them better.

In the 4th Quarter the D only had to make 1 stop, just 1 and they could not, much like the 14 point come from behind loss vs the Titans. D let us down vs the Titans and vs the Panthers. It seems every week opposing QB's pick apart the D, when the rush doesn't get home they have a easy time making the secondary look bad. During the Panthers fourth-quarter run, they averaged nine yards per snap.

I don't care if it was windy or not but Elliot has to connect on FG's. Had he made that 1st FG we would have taken another FG at the end and won the game instead of throwing for the win. It was windy yesterday and both kickers missed but elliot seems to miss at least once a game.

Can sit here all day and point fingers, there is a lot of blame to be spread around. Hope Eagles come back strong because we haven't faced off vs any NFC East teams yet. Still have a shot boys.
    Nobody is blaming wentz. But heís the best player on the team. He has a good amount of weapons. 17 points is inexcusable for a qb that has players of Jeffrey, agholor, ertz and goedert

Itís not blame itís the truth. Just like how lebron got blamed for the heat losing to the Mavericks.

Itís not about wentz getting all the blame but he had time to pass, he fumbled twice yesterday including on 4th down at the end.

He has to be our best player. He has to elevate those around him. He has to elevate himself. The team is struggling heís the best player on the entire roster and he has to exceed his typical play and carry us

It sounds messed up but heís gonna have a massive league leading contract soon. Thatís his job

Wentz is held to a different standard. Plain and simple. This offense is on him. Itís improvement is up to him. Both doug and Carson have said that Carson has the full playbook at the line of scrimmage

This is up to him and doug, itís not on him but it sure as hell is up to him

He was/is the only thing we have on the rams for example. Sure Jared Goff is good but wentz is transcendent. Whereís the picking apart the defense mentally like last year? Calling all the right plays at the line. Outsmarting defenses

Heís an incredible talent but if anyone thinks we donít need him to step up youíre mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    Wentz is held to a different standard. Plain and simple. This offense is on him. Itís improvement is up to him. Both doug and Carson have said that Carson has the full playbook at the line of scrimmage

This is up to him and doug, itís not on him but it sure as hell is up to him

He was/is the only thing we have on the rams for example. Sure Jared Goff is good but wentz is transcendent. Whereís the picking apart the defense mentally like last year? Calling all the right plays at the line. Outsmarting defenses

Heís an incredible talent but if anyone thinks we donít need him to step up youíre mistaken.
    I mean, it's not like he's coming off massive injury or anything.

We need to run the football and get healthy on D. It's really that simple.

#DingerSZN
    #AllenWatch

Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    Nobody is blaming wentz. But heís the best player on the team. He has a good amount of weapons. 17 points is inexcusable for a qb that has players of Jeffrey, agholor, ertz and goedert

Itís not blame itís the truth. Just like how lebron got blamed for the heat losing to the Mavericks.

Itís not about wentz getting all the blame but he had time to pass, he fumbled twice yesterday including on 4th down at the end.

He has to be our best player. He has to elevate those around him. He has to elevate himself. The team is struggling heís the best player on the entire roster and he has to exceed his typical play and carry us

It sounds messed up but heís gonna have a massive league leading contract soon. Thatís his job
    I totally get that but I would blame the D before I blame Wentz. He tried to make a play at the end of the game, he tried forcing some plays to his go to guys, thats Wentz for ya. Too bad the D put Wentz and the eagles in that position late in the game.

Its not the first time our D let us down, probably wont be the last.

Wentz is well past the injury, thats not an excuse and you know it. hes not perfect, he had a rough final series of the game, it happens but we needed it not to.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDish87 View Post
    Wentz is well past the injury, thats not an excuse and you know it. hes not perfect, he had a rough final series of the game, it happens but we needed it not to.
    He's obviously not as explosive as he was pre-injury, that final play showed that. It looked like he was attempting to move up in the pocket and then it was too late. He's certainly not "well past the injury" as those take time to completely heal, but he has certainly looked good no doubt. There's obvious hesitation to tuck and go at times though.

#DingerSZN
    #AllenWatch

Patrick Peterson wants a trade out of Arizona.

Quote Originally Posted by mnatiq View Post
    Patrick Peterson wants a trade out of Arizona.
    Signed through 2021 at 5yrs - 70M, it is unlikely something could be managed....too bad, he would go a long way to what ails us on D right now....a Shutdown corner would help when the pass rush doesnt get home

LMAO at the cowboys trade.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast