Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Not a good team right now.

This game kind of shows me that we are limited offensively. We need an explosive playmaker NOW.

Only hope at this point to make the playoffs is to win the division. Losses to Panthers, Vikings, and Bucs suck right now. I expect Howie to go after Bell, honestly. Unless the goal is to not make the playoffs, then we'd stand pat.

"I wanna throw it 70 yards to Desean... Give the people what they want."

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Today is on the D, then playcalling.
    To a certain extent I agree, but the offense has got to put up points.

Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    Sure, but what did the offense do with all of those possessions in between?

How about the 3 trips inside the 30 that amounted to nothing, actually 4 if you include the final drive

You canít win games on TOP alone. What good is it holding the ball if you donít score?

Sure the defense messed up, but they held the panthers so 0 points all game to which the eagles did nothing but keep the panthers in the game all game despite opportunities to expand the lead

But that last drive was inexcusable, 3 and 2 and you strike out twice? Youíre supposed to be a contender?

2 almost interceptions?

This team overall is absolutely disjointed. Iíve actually seen almost no growth whatsoever in 7 weeks. They are a legitimate 3-4 team. Itís not by accident

Some teams lose by poor luck. The eagles have earned 3-4. Theyíre every bit that record by what Iíve seen on the field

I donít see some good team whoís had a couple bad bounces. I see a mediocre team under 500 because thatís where they belong
    My point on TOP was more if you havent even been on the field a whole quarter going into the 4th theres no excuse for a breakdown like that. Our playcalling got too conservative and it came back to bite us and the last drive was some of the worst football ive seen in a while, yes. I dont even feel like really debating this tbh, the defense was trash and the offense choked and i dont wanna think about football anymore today

Wentz 30/37, 300+ and 2 TD, he isnít the problem. Need to run the football and hold a 17 point 4th quarter lead.

Good thing I will say (I guess) is that we haven't played many of our division games yet. Not out of it just yet.

Wentz 30/37, 300+ and 2 TD, he isnít the problem. Need to run the football and hold a 17 point 4th quarter lead.
    Heís not the problem

But heís our best player and franchise qb

He has to be the solution. He wasnít today. I donít care if he had 500 yards. 17 points isnít enough

That's all well and good, but clutch time matters. Can't go 3-and-out with 4 minutes left in the 4th, then strike out twice in the RZ. That's not going to get it done. I understand that the defense needs to not give up 21 points, but with the ball in his hands in the 4th, Wentz needs to find a way to get it done.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Young$avage View Post
    Good thing I will say (I guess) is that we haven't played many of our division games yet. Not out of it just yet.
    As they currently stand they are out of contention

Not playoff contention but Super Bowl contention

Can that change? SURe

Right now this is a 9-7 team. They donít play well enough on any side of the ball. This team ainít going into LA and taking the rams out, they arenít beating the saints

Now once we get fully healthy we can see where this team trends but right now itís trending downward

As they currently stand they are out of contention

Not playoff contention but Super Bowl contention

Can that change? SURe

Right now this is a 9-7 team. They donít play well enough on any side of the ball. This team ainít going into LA and taking the rams out, they arenít beating the saints

Now once we get fully healthy we can see where this team trends but right now itís trending downward
    Oh SB is long gone for me. I'm just thinking about contention for the division We won't make the playoffs if we don't win our division. But at this point, Howie needs to make a move if the playoffs are the goal. Offense has looked like **** aside from the Giants game. A move has to be made to at least provide fans with validation that the team is trying. If a move isn't made, then I think that's asking for problems.

Exclamation

Oh SB is long gone for me. I'm just thinking about contention for the division We won't make the playoffs if we don't win our division. But at this point, Howie needs to make a move if the playoffs are the goal. Offense has looked like **** aside from the Giants game. A move has to be made to at least provide fans with validation that the team is trying. If a move isn't made, then I think that's asking for problems.
    Why waste assets to make a move in a season where the team looks flawed. we need our picks to get younger on the oline and add a couple playmakers on defence and offence. At this point we just try and win the division which even now will require some luck and much better play.

This team is just mentally weak and mistake prone, bringing in a rb or anyone else we can likely get at this point will not change that. Coaching will and I dont know if that can be fixed until the offseason. We lost two great offensive minds last offseason and its clear to see they made a big difference not only with the players but also with doug, his playcalling has been pretty bad this year especially with leads.

Quote Originally Posted by agj88 View Post
    Why waste assets to make a move in a season where the team looks flawed. we need our picks to get younger on the oline and add a couple playmakers on defence and offence. At this point we just try and win the division which even now will require some luck and much better play.

This team is just mentally weak and mistake prone, bringing in a rb or anyone else we can likely get at this point will not change that. Coaching will and I dont know if that can be fixed until the offseason. We lost two great offensive minds last offseason and its clear to see they made a big difference not only with the players but also with doug, his playcalling has been pretty bad this year especially with leads.
    i'm content with staying pat since we'll be getting players back I assume (Mack Hollins and Mike Wallace), but I'm thinking from an organizational standpoint. Wentz looks good but something is missing around him that either needs to be fixed now or in the future. Play calling I agree is considerably less inspiring compared to last year for whatever reason.

NO matter how you slice it this LOST is unacceptable! 17 points lead at home going into the 4th quarter. It was a total team collapsed in my book. Wentz was having a good game but when it matter most he failed. 3 plays stood out most for me on the last drive.
    1. Wentz to Ertz on 1st down sailed over Ertz's head and called incomplete pass (initially called INT by Reid). Fine
    2. On 3rd down Wentz forced a throw into double coverage to Jeffrey that should have been intercepted by Adams. He simply dropped the INT.
    3. On 4th down Wentz was like a 'statue.' He never made an effort to move outside the pocket. Pocket collapsed and Wentz never got the pass off. GAME OVER.

Its 7 games into the season and I have REAL concerns about this team going forward. Only way we get into the playoff is to WIN the division and right now I don't see that happening.

To a certain extent I agree, but the offense has got to put up points.
    yea it goes both ways. Wentz played great again but 17 points at home isnt gonna cut it. Under normal circumstances allowing 21 is fine but when you let up 0 going into the 4th its a big problem. Really thought we were gonna take it after getting the PI call too. OL was great all day and then blew it on the last play with all of em getting bullrushed.

Heís not the problem

But heís our best player and franchise qb

He has to be the solution. He wasnít today. I donít care if he had 500 yards. 17 points isnít enough
    Missing Smallwood on 3rd and 2 for a doubled AJ was rough. Dont understand why we even opted to pass in 4 down territory. Not used to blaming Wentz for much but he looked right at a wide open Smallwood and didnt make the throw.

lastly, man we need Bell and soon. He might not even report til after the trade deadline though.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast