Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    The #Dolphins sent multiple representatives to live scout Oregon QB Justin Herbert lastnight vs. Arizona St. According to @TonyPauline, the team is reportedly “enamored” with him.

Quote Originally Posted by jtownsfine5t View Post
    The #Dolphins sent multiple representatives to live scout Oregon QB Justin Herbert lastnight vs. Arizona St. According to @TonyPauline, the team is reportedly “enamored” with him.
    there is just no way we would be able to get him without giving up a king's ransom. Our team is just not good enough to be giving away multiple 1st and 2nds for him. BUT, if they see him as a franchise QB, then if you can pull the trigger to get him, I guess you do. I mean, the Phins can clear a crap ton of cap to go out a buy guys that can replace the 1st rounders they'd have to give up to get him.

I like the fact they are scouting these kids. Haskins looked decent yesterday, although I view him as a 3rd rd prospect right now. I still like Jones and Lock potentially in the 2nd rd.

If the route is to target a 1st rd QB, then they better invest heavily in the OL, and continue to build that defense up.

Basically Herbert will probably cost 2019 1st, 2019 3rd, 2019 4th & 2020 1st (probably more though). that is a lot to give up for him. I don't think he's that big of a franchise changer.

I don't like Herbert at all, really dislike all of the QBs in this class but for Lock.

Depending on where we draft but if we are drafting late teens it will take three 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    I don't like Herbert at all, really dislike all of the QBs in this class but for Lock.
    I really hope this love for Hebert is a smokescreen and we just let the QB thing go for a year. And many of you know I was screaming for a move on a QB this year, but it's not worth mortgaging the future and to be saddled with another mirage at QB. Just build the team and remain patient for a year or even 2 if necessary. There's nobody worth a big mortgage and trade up in the first this year IMO.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456