Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    The one thing that is also hard to judge a QB is how well a QB reads defenses pre snap and gets out of bad plays.
    And that can be overcome with hard work. But how well a QB feels the game when something disguised or unforeseen comes at you from the defense is more of a natural gift and we need more of that in our next QB. Or some at all.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    Parker - $9.3M
    Branch - $7M
    Tannehill - $13M

These should be targets for cuts in the off-season. Tannehill is the hardest for me, because we won't find a better QB for that $13M in savings imo. Kiko is not on my list for cuts because we'd only save a little over $4M, and again, not sure an upgrade is out there for that amount.

There is potentially $29M in cap savings, giving us close to $50M in cap space for next year. We need changes. We need playmakers on defense!

Jadaveon Clowney, Dante Fowler, Trey Flowers, Shane Ray, Kwon Alexander . . . some decent talent available next off-season. No good QB, CB or DT really. The draft is going to be ultra important for us. We need to grab the best DL available in the 1st, then grab one of the QB's in the 2nd.
    What has he done that justifies 13m in salary? He hasnt done more than Moore or Osweiller who come at a much cheaper price. I know we wont see Moore but I am sure there will be 5 QBs we can sign for 5 to 8 million that will be as productive as Tannehill. Tannehill has never led this offense into the top 20 even though we have changed every piece multiple times.

I think we need to move on from Tannehill. Rip the band aid. He is false hope.

I think we will be stuck with Gase and Tannehill next season. I don't think either deserve another season. I can't stand Gase gameplan of running out the clock for 3 quarters and then open it up in the 4th. That might work against bad teams, but against good teams you cannot give up drives. Good teams will make you pay for that.
    Last edited by Plague; 10-27-2018 at 01:08 AM.

Dolphins signed DL Ziggy Hood today. No one traded as of right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    What has he done that justifies 13m in salary? He hasnt done more than Moore or Osweiller who come at a much cheaper price. I know we wont see Moore but I am sure there will be 5 QBs we can sign for 5 to 8 million that will be as productive as Tannehill. Tannehill has never led this offense into the top 20 even though we have changed every piece multiple times.

I think we need to move on from Tannehill. Rip the band aid. He is false hope.

I think we will be stuck with Gase and Tannehill next season. I don't think either deserve another season. I can't stand Gase gameplan of running out the clock for 3 quarters and then open it up in the 4th. That might work against bad teams, but against good teams you cannot give up drives. Good teams will make you pay for that.
    I would like to see Gase with an OC and maybe he grows as a coach. Other than that, I strongly agree with every word of your post. I think "false hope" is a very good way of articulating it. You fall in love with the athlete, but that's not enough.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    Dolphins signed DL Ziggy Hood today. No one traded as of right now.
    Vincent Taylor to IR, that was the reason for the signing. He was our best DT by far... run D takes a hit when it was already at a league worst.

Tankersly tore his ACL in practice, another guy to IR.

Man I hope Tankersley can bounce back next year. I wish we knew more about why he struggled so much this year because the dude looked great his rookie season. I just have a bad feeling that hes going to end up like Jamar Taylor. Suck for us then get traded for nothing and play well. I was also really hoping that one of the changes we'd see on defense is more Bobby in the slot and Minkah kore at safety. Now I dont see that happening st all.

Brendel has been activated to the 53 man roster with Tankersley to the IR. I'd insert Brendel into the starting lineup ASAP and see what you've got in him. He was very impressive last year in that Atlanta game so let's see if we've got another Jesse Davis situation.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Man I hope Tankersley can bounce back next year. I wish we knew more about why he struggled so much this year because the dude looked great his rookie season. I just have a bad feeling that hes going to end up like Jamar Taylor. Suck for us then get traded for nothing and play well. I was also really hoping that one of the changes we'd see on defense is more Bobby in the slot and Minkah kore at safety. Now I dont see that happening st all.
    It may have been mental. Back when he was drafted I heard he was painfully slow to pick up anything conceptual. Give him a simple task like play man on this guy and jam him and he's fine. Maybe in his rookie year they simplified everything for him, being a rookie, but maybe they tried to put more on his plate as far as playing as a part of a unit and doing certain things depending on alignments or what the rest of the D had to do and he got lost. I have heard nothing this year but based on what I heard about him as a draftee, that could have been the issue.
    Either way it's too bad about his Achilles.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Issue is he will be spending most of next year on the PUP in rehab.

Anyone hear any news on Tunsil and James yet? Amazing that we could be down to Jesse Davis as the lone starter from week 1. If they didn't think OL was a necessity before . . . they better believe that **** now!

JasonLieser

Dolphins LT Laremy Tunsil and RT Ja’Wuan James on the field for practice. That’s very promising for their chances of playing vs Packers.

RT is out again vs the Packers.

Packers should be extremely pissed off and motivated to leave nothing to chance after the refs blew a call on running into the kicker being called as a roughing the kicker (automatic first down). Too bad. It was shaping up to be a classic finish too.

Fun fact . . . Jerome Baker is the 21st ranked LB according to PFF.

Got to hope him, McMillan and Minkah continue to progress in the 2nd half of the season.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast