Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 984 of 1310 FirstFirst ... 48488493497498298398498598699410341084 ... LastLast
Results 14,746 to 14,760 of 19644
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Not at all, many people are capable of looking at all of the information and basing it off of that. His extreme followers and extreme haters? Sure, they will always take that type of approach though. It's like all the credit some gave him or denied him on the economy because of the context around it and him riding a good economy in. Some can also approach that situation with nuance and admit some truth to each.

Overall he has known it was deadly for a very long time, whether he knew in January changes almost nothing given his approach once he actually did know. What would he have done then? Started this rhetoric a few weeks earlier? If he had been taking it seriously from the start or even sometime in the middle it would be different but he has downplayed it throughout, used it to divide and made it overly political in multiple ways instead of focusing on helping the country do what is needed to slow the spread and be as safe as possible for everyone without too much damage. Other countries definitely may have been more prepared if China had been more open about it but that isn't the main issue with Trump (except for those trying to not place blame on him because they like him of course).
    I hate to break it to ya but the average person does not have a proper sequence of events as to what had happened. I can bet ya if Obama was the president and 200k deaths had passed, the outlook on the presidency would look a lot different than it is now. Both sides would flip the switch with Republicans attacking Obama response and Democrats defending it. It's just how it works. We would be stupid to not think that doesn't play a role with how divided this country is. Think about it: More Republicans believe Trump did a better job handling COVID-19 than Democrats do. Same people just with a different political affiliation. What's the difference? They stick to their preference.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Has anyone checked with spliffs mommy to make sure he's ok after this morning's mental breakdown?
    Ooh....from basement jokes to mommy jokes. You're really evolving. Just remember about how upset you got when I mentioned your mommy. Was pretty pathetic to see a grown man begging for an apology because he can't handle a little **** talking thrown back his way.

You and Jacko should really consider starting a dedicated spliff thread. Seems to be all you two obsessive weirdos are capable of discussing.

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    You spent more time dissing others, then contributing to the political discourse, and when you do it's laughable.
    Yet he constantly calls me out for supposedly doing just that. Projection at its finest.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    I'm not saying you are wrong and there is a good chance that you are right.

But it is really hard to ignore all the support and enthusiasm you see at the Trump rallies and all the lack of support and enthusiasm at the Biden, Harris and BO rallies.

I get the reason/excuse of the dems being "so concerned" with our safety due to the covid pandemic but I don't buy into it completely. You may be able to say that you are restricting attendance at the rallies but where are all the banners and flag wavers along the campaign route for Biden and Harris??? Trump gets them by the thousands. You can't restrict them. Where are the boat parades and car and truck caravans for Biden and Harris??? You can't restrict them either.

The enthusiasm you see every day is overwhelming in Trump's favor and I don't think you can discount that all that easily.

But we'll see.
    Boat rallies are what really decide a race.

Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    I hate to break it to ya but the average person does not have a proper sequence of events as to what had happened. I can bet ya if Obama was the president and 200k deaths had passed, the outlook on the presidency would look a lot different than it is now. Both sides would flip the switch with Republicans attacking Obama response and Democrats defending it. It's just how it works. We would be stupid to not think that doesn't play a role with how divided this country is. Think about it: More Republicans believe Trump did a better job handling COVID-19 than Democrats do. Same people just with a different political affiliation. What's the difference? They stick to their preference.
    Well, would Obama have handled it differently? Context matters.

You seem to only be focused on this in the extreme one team or the other manner, so be it if that's how you view topic to topic. I base it on reality and what is actually happening. That's what I was laying out when I described how poorly Trump has handled it but I get many will always say but what about the other side (even if it's a made up hypothetical like this one).

I don't deny that SOME people only view issues in this way, this forum is full of them actually. Once you stop ignoring reality and context and assuming everyone only thinks he did bad because of their political affiliation or something (despite clear and obvious context showing his poor handling)... Well you are probably one of the people viewing issues in the bad way and ignoring any real type of context.

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
    Last night Trump called Bernie Sanders a loser because he failed twice to get the Democratic nomination. In 2016, Trump said that voter fraud is why Clinton defeated Sanders in primaries. Which is it -- Sanders is a loser or he got cheated? Trump can't even keep his own lies straight.
    trump says whatever comes up to him without serious reconsideration

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
    The virus is real, but the death toll is greatly exaggerated by CNN and others in the liberal media. There was a guy who died as the result of a motorcycle crash who happened to have Covid when he crashed. He was counted as part of the Covid body count.
    your example is a rare case. The death toll is not as exaggerated as what you said

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisclover View Post
    your example is a rare case
    *or it's completely made up

The important question is if you know how the electoral college system works.
    Doesn’t seem related to his post at all. Why would it be important?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

It is considered a Covid death if the death is due directly to Covid OR IS CONSIDERED A CONTRIBUTING FACTOR.
    That case would not fit either qualification, but there are many of these deaths that some are viewing as extraneous that DO fit the 'contributing factor' prerequisite. If I die of pneumonia while or soon after having had Covid, it's safe to view the virus as a contributing factor. In fact, so is my friend's example of someone dying of a heart attack a month after having Covid...even though she questioned it, and others could, but I don't know the circumstances (i.e. what heart problems did they have prior)
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    how could this be, I thought Trump was bigoted against Muslims.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/w...back-president
    I know lots of muslims and minorities that want to vote for trump.

They are all like, yea hes definitely racist, but...

Just an fyi. I dont want tmyou to wrongly think this somehow means hes not bigoted. English is still English.

Help me out here Jack..

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Pre-COVID, Trump wins easily.

With COVID still being an issue and people are getting shafted right now, they're going to pin that all on Trump so it's tough to say how much are going to vote for Biden just because of the COVID response. My guess is also that Biden will win but we will have to see how many quiet Trump supporters are out there to bail him out this time.
    The covid messed it up for him. Never has a president failed so bad and miserably at something.

It's a tough one to get over, lost on lives AND economy. Lose lose.

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

name a term
    misinformed
    selfish
    ignorant
    short sighted

every group has some
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Lol.

Trump was in charge, that by default doesn't mean he is responsible for 200k deaths.
    lmao, what a stupid post.

Of course he is, he is the president. Some of them were inevitable, but a good 80% were easily avoidable by implementation of basic protocol.

So 80% of those deaths are legitimately due to his stupidity. Almost 200k americans died because our president is too stupid to understand, support, or implement basic understood verified science.

There are many individuals in this govt responsible for our failed response, the top of that pyramid is trump. He is the one to point the finger at, he is president.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    All of this is true. Unfortunately Trump stands at the top of the heap as the leader so he takes the fall.
    True.

A very un sluggo like comment..