Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 914 of 1232 FirstFirst ... 4148148649049129139149159169249641014 ... LastLast
Results 13,696 to 13,710 of 18472
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    The point is that McConnel refused to fill any empty seats. The president has a right to fill those seats and the senate should have hearings to confirm them.

I am ok with Trump nominating judges even this new one because he is the president.

I am not ok with the senate leader refusing to fill voids because the president is not of his party.

The 60 to 50 votes is fine by me because now a days it’s impossible to get the 60.

So let’s say Trump won and the dems took over The senate, I would not be ok with Schumer refusing to fill seats, but that’s what the gop did to Obama.
    The reason for the 60 votes was because they are supposed to compromise and work together on issues. Making it 50 pretty much guarantees that won’t happen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    The reason for the 60 votes was because they are supposed to compromise and work together on issues. Making it 50 pretty much guarantees that won’t happen

The reason why Reid removed it was because the gop refused to work together and pass judges that were appointed by Obama, they would vote no on anybody he nominated.

So again the gop refused to work together with dems and that’s why Reid did that and that’s ok because what works once for you will not always be the case and eventually the gop was going to be in control and it did just that. Then they decided to make the SC judge just majority vote too.

So when dems have control and do shady **** like that you should be ok with it because those are the standards now.

Still my problem is with any senate majority leader holding up any nomination that a current president proposes just because **** you.

The GOP decided they weren’t going to vote for anyone other than the worst of activist ideologues, so that gave Reid no choice. Filibusters are undemocratic anyway and they should all be eliminated.

Republicans have now rammed through the most unqualified judges in history after preventing Obama from appointing judges in his last two years.
    "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.”

-JFK

And Mitch took a shot on that "compromise and work(ing) together" that you're talking about.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

538 polls has the probability of Joe Biden winning the election at 86%.
    JHK polls has the probability of Joe Biden winning the election at 87.3%.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post
    Massive lulz worthy.

I sense some fear behind that laughter.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Massive lulz worthy.
    Those percentages were consistently in the 77%-80% range before the first debate. They have since skyrocketed to their current values ever since Trump tested positive.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Hillary peaked at 88% around the 3rd debate.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...tion-forecast/

Ignore the polls and vote like Trump is up 20 points!
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Hillary peaked at 88% around the 3rd debate.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...tion-forecast/

Ignore the polls and vote like Trump is up 20 points!
    I'm aware of that one. Those forecasts were accurate with the popular vote. Only reason orange man won was because five swing states were won by less than 1%. I don't see that happening again. It was a freak occurrence. The 2020 forecasts are different because they are far less erratic. Biden has been consistently above Trump for several months now. Hillary was up and down quite a bit.

Future Hall of Shamers:

I wish I shared your confidence.

I'm aware of that one. Those forecasts were accurate with the popular vote. Only reason orange man won was because five swing states were won by less than 1%. I don't see that happening again. It was a freak occurrence. The 2020 forecasts are different because they are far less erratic. Biden has been consistently above Trump for several months now. Hillary was up and down quite a bit.
    Are you saying that Hillary won the popular vote with 88%?
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

So in California the gop is accused of setting up fake polling places or drop of boxes in order to cheat and win there.

The fascist party for sure..

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    So in California the gop is accused of setting up fake polling places or drop of boxes in order to cheat and win there.

The fascist party for sure..
    If they’re accusing Democrats of it, there’s a 100% chance that they’re doing it themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Biden not answering the question is actually politically savvy.

For one, the Democrats currently don't have the ability to pack the court since they don't control the Senate, so it would be bad to promise something he couldn't deliver. Second, if he said he wanted to pack the court he'd piss off conservatives and increase their voter turnout, hurting his chances. If he said he wasn't going to pack the court he'd piss off Liberals who want him to and decrease their voter turnout and hurt his chances.

It is not the strategic thinking someone in mental decline would do.
    all of this brings me to a question, what is packing the courts?

is this true?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome