Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 864 of 1203 FirstFirst ... 364764814854862863864865866874914964 ... LastLast
Results 12,946 to 12,960 of 18042
  1. #12946
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    28,104
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    lol, you sound stupid.

    First learn about climate change before you attempt to "address" it.

    Record fires in California. Record fires in brazil. Record fires in australia.

    Did the California forest spread to Brazil and Australia? Did the democratic California forest spread its poor forestry to the rest of the world. To the WETLAND of.brazil?

    Look at hurricane Sally. Look how slow it is moving and how many consecutive days it will be hitting land. These are new patterns and events.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

    I think the biggest reason for any push back against "climate change" is whether it's man's fault, or something natural that has happened despite anything man has done or could do going forward.

    how can anyone think this is all man's fault, when Earth through history has been in and out of ice ages, nothing to do with man.


    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome


  2. #12947
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    50,741

  3. #12948
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    104,147
    It’s funny that republicans are now saying that Biden got questions in advance because he did not sound like a complete buffoon.

    But if he did for a guy that supposedly has mental issues then he should not be able to remember all them questions.

  4. #12949
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    104,147
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Facts

  5. #12950
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    95,029
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    538 game Hillary a 60%+ chance on Election Day. They give Biden 76% now. It seems strong but if you loaded a revolver with one or two bullets, spun it, and then shot it at your head, there shouldn’t be much surprise if you die.

    The reality is polling is even more useless than last time.

    We don’t know the effect of Covid on Election Day votes.
    We don’t know what early voting and mail voting is going to be allowed since the president in power is trying to suppress voter turnout.
    We don’t know how long it will take to count mail votes post Election Day, but even one day is enough for either side to claim early victory, refuse to concede and make this a legal battle rather than a democratic election.
    We don’t know that urban areas of the lost rust belt states are showing up for Biden when they didn’t for Hillary.

    This year is ****ed and it’s going to get ugly.

    And there is no universe where Trump concedes. Never happen.
    Polling is not useless. Most people's understanding of it is though. If they gave Hillary a 66% chance, then that means Trump has a 33% chance. That doesn't mean that Trump can't win. Just like if they're giving Biden a 76% chance, that just means that they are giving Trump a 24% chance. Nobody would say that rolling a dice is useless when it comes up 6 just because there was a 84% chance of that not happening. Or that flipping a coin is useless when it comes up tails just because there was a 50% chance of that not happening. The majority of a chance not happening despite polling indicating it is the most likely doesn't become invalidated or become useless when the expected outcome doesn't happen. Should it be evaluated? Sure, there could have been something missed that made the odds predictions incorrect. But we can't really know that ahead of time.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

    Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!


  6. #12951
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    28,104
    nobody expected anything hard from CNN's town hall with Joe Biden.




    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome


  7. #12952
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    28,104
    https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/joe-...ry?id=73062846

    Biden misstated attorney general's comment on slavery, lockdowns
    FACT CHECK: Biden seemed to be referencing comments made by Attorney General Bill Barr Wednesday at a Constitution Day celebration hosted by Michigan's Hillsdale College.

    At the event, Barr said that "other than slavery" coronavirus lockdowns were "the greatest intrusion of civil liberties in American history." The attorney general's remarks got almost immediate push back from lawmakers and others who condemned his language.



    Biden mixes up source for impact of masks
    FACT CHECK: The current director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Robert Redfield, has not, in fact, claimed that 100,000 lives could be saved if Americans wore masks universally.


    Biden would not be first president without Ivy League degree
    FACT CHECK: Despite his suggestion, Biden would not be the first president without an Ivy League degree, as several presidents in the country's history did not receive a college degree at all.


    Biden misleads when saying he wants to grow fracking industry
    FACT CHECK: Biden's response that he supported the continuation of fracking accurately reflected his environmental plan, but Biden doesn't want to add new fracking on public lands. He wants to move away from fracking to eventually get net-zero emissions. So when he answered yes to "growing the industry," it was misleading.


    Biden incorrectly states that Trump hasn’t condemned white supremacists
    Biden..
    "I've condemned every form of violence, no matter what the source is," Biden said. "No matter what the source is. The president has yet to condemn, as you’ve probably noticed, the far-right and the white supremacists and those guys walking around with the AK-47s and not doing a damn thing about them."
    FACT CHECK: Biden is correct that Trump has not condemned white supremacists recently, but Trump has done so in the past.

    Two days after violent clashes in Charlottesville, Virginia, in 2017 -- after first equating violence from white supremacists with those protesting -- Trump said, “Racism is evil and those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups.”

    A month later, the president signed a congressional resolution condemning white supremacy.

    In 2019, following shootings in El Paso, Texas, and Dayton, Ohio, Trump said, “In one voice, our nation must condemn racism, bigotry and white supremacy. ”

    "These sinister ideologies must be defeated. Hate has no place in America. Hatred warps the mind, ravages the heart, and devours the soul,” he added.

    this last one is important because it's something idiots still use to manipulate people, and it's ********.
    Last edited by SpecialFNK; 09-18-2020 at 11:00 AM.


    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome


  8. #12953
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    53,888
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    nobody expected anything hard from CNN's town hall with Joe Biden.


    Poor Trump.

  9. #12954
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    35,155
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    I think the biggest reason for any push back against "climate change" is whether it's man's fault, or something natural that has happened despite anything man has done or could do going forward.

    how can anyone think this is all man's fault, when Earth through history has been in and out of ice ages, nothing to do with man.
    Because we can measure our pollution and its effect on the atmosphere, there fore we know it is our pollution effecting the atmosphere.



    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  10. #12955
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    50,741
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Polling is not useless. Most people's understanding of it is though. If they gave Hillary a 66% chance, then that means Trump has a 33% chance. That doesn't mean that Trump can't win. Just like if they're giving Biden a 76% chance, that just means that they are giving Trump a 24% chance. Nobody would say that rolling a dice is useless when it comes up 6 just because there was a 84% chance of that not happening. Or that flipping a coin is useless when it comes up tails just because there was a 50% chance of that not happening. The majority of a chance not happening despite polling indicating it is the most likely doesn't become invalidated or become useless when the expected outcome doesn't happen. Should it be evaluated? Sure, there could have been something missed that made the odds predictions incorrect. But we can't really know that ahead of time.
    Yes I think we’re saying the same thing on polling and how to read it. But I think there are way too many variables this year and we’re seeing a lot of gaps between outcomes and polling.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #12956
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    14,924
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Because we can measure our pollution and its effect on the atmosphere, there fore we know it is our pollution effecting the atmosphere.



    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    that and the fact the last one, by scientific accounts, required an asteroid strike....
    (which btw is ironically at least on our radar as a potential...the day before the election)
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  12. #12957
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    35,155
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    that and the fact the last one, by scientific accounts, required an asteroid strike....
    (which btw is ironically at least on our radar as a potential...the day before the election)
    I swear, is there a better way to put an exclamation on 2020 than getting a ****in asteroid in November? lol

    Record fires, records floods, worldwide pandemic...why not?

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  13. #12958
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    50,741
    Were selling arms to Taiwan including long range missiles that can hit targets in China.

    These things happen constantly and it’s why no US president (Trump, Obama, whoever) deserves a Peace Prize.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #12959
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    35,155
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Were selling arms to Taiwan including long range missiles that can hit targets in China.

    These things happen constantly and it’s why no US president (Trump, Obama, whoever) deserves a Peace Prize.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's ok, we gotta keep china on their toes.

    These mother****ers been walking around like they America lately. I dont like that ****.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  15. #12960
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    14,924
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    I swear, is there a better way to put an exclamation on 2020 than getting a ****in asteroid in November? lol

    Record fires, records floods, worldwide pandemic...why not?

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I know you're Muslim, so follow quite different things...but this is the first year I've actually been believing we really could be in the Biblical end times. When people have pointed out the book of Revelations says in the end times there will be things like increases in natural disasters (CHECK!) I've said (similar to those thinking God created the world in 6 days and I say who said those were 24 hour days) that increase could go on for lifetimes.

    However, I need to read up again now that there are nations aligning in the middle east....because that, too, is in Revelations. Only I'm pretty sure (tho not POSITIVE) that Trump is NOT the anti-Christ (since that would require him initially being well-liked!)
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •