Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 858 of 1212 FirstFirst ... 358758808848856857858859860868908958 ... LastLast
Results 12,856 to 12,870 of 18171
    Maybe instead of getting your climate info from a scientifically illiterate president speaking off the cuff on Fox News, we can just listen to climatologists.

But since we’re willing to put politics ahead of even disease experts during a pandemic, I see little hope of addressing manmade climate issues even while we burn and drown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Years of climatologists warning us about more intense hurricanes, dryer and hotter conditions creating more intense fires.

Here we are. It’s happening. And still people are questioning? It’s the same people who dismiss science whenever it may inconvenience their day to day.

Meanwhile we have a president who has spent years rolling back regulations to cap emissions, etc.

We’re ****ed. We deserve it.

Yes because if Trump questions it so does his base. Science is the enemy with many of his followers. We know climate change and global warming are real things. There are years of scientific evidence to prove it.

I will give Trump credit for one thing. He has made the vernacular of "fake news" incredibly powerful. Everything that comes from mainstream media, science, medicine, even when its based in fact, is not real. It doesn't help that the general American population is rather stupid. George Carlin said it best. "Think about how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of 'em are stupider than that."
    Last edited by metswon69; 09-15-2020 at 04:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    If it's a news event we will hear about it no matter where it is. Forest fires, car crashes, train wrecks, shark attacks, typhoons etc. All of it makes the news.

it.
    Um, Brazil? lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    We’re ****ed. We deserve it.

Sucks to say but it's true.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Yes because if Trump questions it so does his base. Science is the enemy with many of his followers. We know climate change and global warming are real things. There are years of scientific evidence to prove it.

I will give Trump credit for one thing. He has made the vernacular of "fake news" incredibly powerful. Everything that comes from mainstream media, science, medicine, even when its based in fact, is not real. It doesn't help that the general American population is rather stupid. George Carlin said it best. "Think about how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of 'em are stupider than that."
    Would love to hear Carlin's takes on today's society and current events. Made a personal pact to see him live like a month before he passed.

Carlin also said saving the planet was stupid, lol.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    Actually he said that saving the planet was arrogant, not stupid. He also said that "the planet is fine, it's the people that are ****ed".

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Actually he said that saving the planet was arrogant, not stupid. He also said that "the planet is fine, it's the people that are ****ed".
    I love listening to modern day lefties quote carlin as if he's on there side. Guy literally made a career fighting for free speech. He called liberalism paternalism - white daddy knows best.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

I love listening to modern day lefties quote carlin as if he's on there side. Guy literally made a career fighting for free speech. He called liberalism paternalism - white daddy knows best.
    I merely corrected your false claim, genius. Also, I didn't state that Carlin was "on my side". Not sure why you bring up free speech as if it is a partisan thing either (or that I'd be against it). Good to see you turn this in to another rant against lefties though.

I don't care who's side he was on, dude was funny af and that's all I care about in a comedian.

....and since you seem to think Carlin was "on your side", I guess I should share this quote of his:

Liberal orthodoxy was as repugnant to me as conservative orthodoxy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Trump was on FOX News (GASP!!!!) thios morning and made a fairly interesting point.

He pointed out that the US isn't the only country with forests yet we have far more devastating forest fires than other countries do. His point was that other countries manage their forest resources far better that we do. Cali doesn't seem to cut fire breaks, clean out dead vegetation etc. as other countries do. All the treen nuts out there don't allow for this.

I thought it was an interesting point. It does seem like you never hear about these fires in other parts of the world yet they seem to be annual occurrences in California.
    The Amazon could not be reached for comment.
    "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.”

-JFK

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post

The crazy part is “fake news” was originally being used to describe all the garbage memes and phony info his base and outside influencers were sharing on social media. And he flipped it on the media.

Just happens to be that anything bad is fake and anything good is accurate.

It’s important to separate the material from the person. In private he was an environmentalist and generally soft spoken.

To wonder what he’d think of today is no different than when he was alive. Both parties are corrupt, politicians are phony and an illusion, we have owners and we’ll willingly accept anything as long as we can buy deep fried food covered with cheese, take a picture of it with a phone and wear sneakers with lights in them.

“Its called the ‘American Dream’ because you have to be asleep to believe it.” - George Carlin

That’s onstage material but the closest to what he feels and how he spoke in interviews and his autobiography.

He also bashed conservatives. Maybe watch the opening to “Back in Town”.

He detested phony partisan BS.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter_White View Post
    The Amazon could not be reached for comment.
    Bolsonaro should be overthrown for what he’s done there.