Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 814 of 1191 FirstFirst ... 314714764804812813814815816824864914 ... LastLast
Results 12,196 to 12,210 of 17856
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I'm not making a correlation, it was clearly intended as such. What other reason could he possibly bring that up?

Did you know that 19/20 small towns with heroin epidemics have Republican Mayors?

Is this simply a coincidence or do Republican Mayors cause Heroine epidemics?

Oh, I didn't mean anything by that statement or that question, you're just making a correlation to a point that doesn't exist.

See how absolutely flimsy that "Ah shucks ignorance" sounds?
    ok, so is it incorrect that 19 of the 20 most violent have Dem mayors?
    And does that say something about the party?

If it were true about small towns with heroin epidemics, would your answer be the same?

You see it's not just 'ah shucks ignorance' that sounds flimsy, there's been a LOT of things argued on flimsy grounds and unnecessarily politicized...on all sides
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    ok, so is it incorrect that 19 of the 20 most violent have Dem mayors?
    And does that say something about the party?

If it were true about small towns with heroin epidemics, would your answer be the same?

You see it's not just 'ah shucks ignorance' that sounds flimsy, there's been a LOT of things argued on flimsy grounds and unnecessarily politicized...on all sides
    Yes, because the majority of small towns have Republican mayors so of course the majority of small towns with heroin epidemics would have the same demographical breakdown. I don't think those towns have heroine epidemics because of Republican mayors.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Geezus, don’t get the mainstream Democrats going on this again.
    The third party options are not great for this election. Really good news for Biden.

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    I wish Nader would run.
    Yea I really don't want a repeat of 2000. If Nader wants to run, he can do so on one of the two major tickets or he can NOT cost the candidate that is closest to my ideology to lose by siphoning votes.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    What do you think?
    I wouldn't be surprised if it's because they are Democrats and maybe Republicans could do better, but certainly one should be able to think that whoever is in charge here hasn't been doing a very good job.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Yea I really don't want a repeat of 2000. If Nader wants to run, he can do so on one of the two major tickets or he can NOT cost the candidate that is closest to my ideology to lose by siphoning votes.
    I don’t know that Nader was the problem. Tipper gores campaign for music censorship didn’t exactly bring in people from the left who fled to Nader.

Nader happens to be incredibly smart and genuinely for citizens. Damn shame he didn’t get to debate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I get your drift, honestly, but we can't continue supporting the democrat or the republican parties who don't reflect our principle. Someone likee Nader would never be accepted into the democrat party and if he was, on some divine intervention, he would be expected to keep his views to himself and know his role as set by them. We are seeing that with the progressive even now. Totally blackballed at the convention while republicans are allow to speak their minds. That party line is getting dimmer and dimmer.
    Last edited by WES445; 08-25-2020 at 05:13 PM.
    WE STILL KNOW WHERE THE PITCHFORKS ARE:Beau of the Fifth Column, you tube.

I don’t know that Nader was the problem. Tipper gores campaign for music censorship didn’t exactly bring in people from the left who fled to Nader.

Nader happens to be incredibly smart and genuinely for citizens. Damn shame he didn’t get to debate.

People like Nader wouldn't be allowed anywhere near seats of power by the donor class, which fund our two-party system.

Nader was the reason we got Bush... he can go eat a bag of dicks
    "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.”

-JFK

Quote Originally Posted by Walter_White View Post
    A broken and corrupt system in Florida did that. As did a GOP Bush family tied SCOTUS.

There is no way to tell who Nader voters would have picked if he wasn’t in the election. You’d have to consider Buchanan and Browne voters too.

What about dem voters in Florida who voted for Bush? Or who didn’t vote at all?

What about the lingering Clinton scandal that scared off conservatives who won them deeply red states in the past?

Blaming Nader is a cop out and a shame considering what Nader has done and stood for.

I want absolutely nothing to do with Nader or any other 3rd party candidate. They ALWAYS act to split the Democratic vote. It happened to benefit Bush and Trump.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

A broken and corrupt system in Florida did that. As did a GOP Bush family tied SCOTUS.

There is no way to tell who Nader voters would have picked if he wasn’t in the election. You’d have to consider Buchanan and Browne voters too.

What about the lingering Clinton scandal that scared off conservatives who won them deeply red states in the past?

Blaming Nader is a cop out and a shame considering what Nader has done and stood for.

We aren't even talking about Florida if it weren't for Nader.
    "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.”

-JFK

Whoa, the guy has done more for consumer protection and reporting Corp. malfeasance then any politicians democrat or republican. It is all about it cost your tribe the oval office. Nothing to do with the quality of the democrat candidate running against Bush. A sad commentary on where we are at.

agree.

We aren't even talking about Florida if it weren't for Nader.
    Same points apply to this claim.

If Dems and republicans don’t want to be screwed by a third party, then be better than them.