Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 813 of 1191 FirstFirst ... 313713763803811812813814815823863913 ... LastLast
Results 12,181 to 12,195 of 17856
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Why wouldn’t it be? He’s trying to make the correlation that democratic run cities = dangerous, when in reality the only correlation is cities = run by Democrats.

The majority of cities have a Democratic mayor.
    He made the comment that 19 of the 20 most violent cities have a Dem governor. YOU'RE making the correlation that he's attempting that point. Do these cities remain with Dem mayors for extended periods of times? Or does it fluctuate? Regardless, if virtually all the most violent cities have Dem mayors, all the talk of Rep governors and Trump and all that still hold less water.

And please....more demand to live in blue states? Another chicken and egg type comment....people aren't piling into blue states...because they're blue.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

If democrat are so bad at running cities, wouldn't that carry over for democrat ran states? State wise, republicans have some of the most crime ridden states. A better indicator might be state that are rated high in crimes as well as having high crime rate cities.
    WE STILL KNOW WHERE THE PITCHFORKS ARE:Beau of the Fifth Column, you tube.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    And please....more demand to live in blue states? Another chicken and egg type comment....people aren't piling into blue states...because they're blue.
    No ****. Just like there isn't more violence in those states....because they're blue. You thought you were making a salient counterpoint to what I said and somehow stumbled in to making the exact point I was trying to make.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    No ****. Just like there isn't more violence in those states....because they're blue. You thought you were making a salient counterpoint to what I said and somehow stumbled in to making the exact point I was trying to make.
    umm, no I didn't.....if Democrats are in charge of those cities and tend to have a lot of problem with viloence, the inference that a Republican president or Republican governors are responsible for not reigning in violence accompanying many of the protests.....and that's not blaming those Dems per se either, which has been MY point.

umm, no I didn't.....if Democrats are in charge of those cities and tend to have a lot of problem with viloence, the inference that a Republican president or Republican governors are responsible for not reigning in violence accompanying many of the protests.....and that's not blaming those Dems per se either, which has been MY point.
    Please show me where I inferred that "Republican governors are responsible for not reigning in violence accompanying many of the protests". My whole point here is that trying to uniformly blame either side of the aisle for violence in particular areas is bogus.

Having said this, I'm not even sure I'm interpreting this word salad of a post correctly; it comes off like an incomplete thought or something.

It's almost like there is way more demand to live in blue states, which creates a higher cost of living and a higher population density, which creates more of a divide between the haves and have nots, which creates more violence.
    All of this.

Please show me where I inferred that "Republican governors are responsible for not reigning in violence accompanying many of the protests". My whole point here is that trying to uniformly blame either side of the aisle for violence in particular areas is bogus.

Having said this, I'm not even sure I'm interpreting this word salad of a post correctly; it comes off like an incomplete thought or something.
    I didn't say you did. But it HAS been multiple times that people on BOTH 'sides' have tried to make party the reason things go well...or go bad...'they opened too soon' oh, it's a Republican governor 'they handled things bad before 'it's a Democratic governor', the violence needs to be reigned in 'it's a Democratic mayor'......these aren't governments making decisions based on a national party platform...........then you came up with this comment that the population is denser in some states because they're blue states

I didn't say you did. But it HAS been multiple times that people on BOTH 'sides' have tried to make party the reason things go well...or go bad...'they opened too soon' oh, it's a Republican governor 'they handled things bad before 'it's a Democratic governor', the violence needs to be reigned in 'it's a Democratic mayor'......these aren't governments making decisions based on a national party platform...........then you came up with this comment that the population is denser in some states because they're blue states
    I absolutely did not make the claim that the population is denser in certain states because they are blue states, as that would be a patently ridiculous claim. You're either being purposely dense, overly defensive, or simply displaying poor reading comprehension at this point.

For instance (I can't believe I even have to spell this out here): people want to live in California because it's a beautiful state with all sorts of diverse people and terrains, easy access to the beach, highly ranked schools, tech jobs aplenty, pretty much the best place to be if you want a career in arts or entertainment, and the weather is as close to perfect as one could hope for....not because Gavin ****ing Newsom is the governor.

How many of the safest cities in America are run by Democrats?

look it up and let me know. this would be a separate conversation.

Why wouldn’t it be? He’s trying to make the correlation that democratic run cities = dangerous, when in reality the only correlation is cities = run by Democrats.

The majority of cities have a Democratic mayor.
    I also specifically said, "is that simply coincidence or a factor from these specific people."

if it's a factor because they are Democrat compared to how a Republican would handle things, then yes that is an important factor.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

I absolutely did not make the claim that the population is denser in certain states because they are blue states, as that would be a patently ridiculous claim. You're either being purposely dense, overly defensive, or simply displaying poor reading comprehension at this point.

For instance (I can't believe I even have to spell this out here): people want to live in California because it's a beautiful state with all sorts of diverse people and terrains, easy access to the beach, highly ranked schools, tech jobs aplenty, pretty much the best place to be if you want a career in arts or entertainment, and the weather is as close to perfect as one could hope for....not because Gavin ****ing Newsom is the governor.
    This is what you said
    "It's almost like there is way more demand to live in blue states, which creates a higher cost of living and a higher population density, which creates more of a divide between the haves and have nots, which creates more violence."

There's no reference to the state being more livable with better job opportunities and better schools...just that the states are blue. And I'm being dense? I'm the one that asked for an explanation and I'm told it's MY comprehension that's off.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    look it up and let me know. this would be a separate conversation.

I also specifically said, "is that simply coincidence or a factor from these specific people."

if it's a factor because they are Democrat compared to how a Republican would handle things, then yes that is an important factor.
    What do you think?

He made the comment that 19 of the 20 most violent cities have a Dem governor. YOU'RE making the correlation that he's attempting that point. Do these cities remain with Dem mayors for extended periods of times? Or does it fluctuate? Regardless, if virtually all the most violent cities have Dem mayors, all the talk of Rep governors and Trump and all that still hold less water.

I'm not making a correlation, it was clearly intended as such. What other reason could he possibly bring that up?

Did you know that 19/20 small towns with heroin epidemics have Republican Mayors?

Is this simply a coincidence or do Republican Mayors cause Heroine epidemics?

Oh, I didn't mean anything by that statement or that question, you're just making a correlation to a point that doesn't exist.

See how absolutely flimsy that "Ah shucks ignorance" sounds?

I wish Nader would run.

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    I wish Nader would run.
    Geezus, don’t get the mainstream Democrats going on this again.