Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 758 of 946 FirstFirst ... 258658708748756757758759760768808858 ... LastLast
Results 11,356 to 11,370 of 14183
    Also, poor Elizabeth Warren

Tarnished her progressive legacy to get beat out by Kamala. Hope it was worth it!
    HELLO

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    She wonít get the black vote out if they do their research.
    She will at least lock up the state of California though. That's huge.

But in reality, black voters have never flocked to Harris. Perhaps they have done their research
    Last edited by ManRam; 08-11-2020 at 04:56 PM.
    HELLO

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    I said it was the "right" pick.

She excites people for the same boring reasons anyone excites Libs. It doesn't excite me, but it will do enough. She's a woman! Wow. And black! Historic! She must be good!

But I don't know, as someone who wants Joe Biden to be pushed to the left, it doesn't excite me. As someone who doesn't like ICE, the DHS or private prisons, it doesn't excite me. As someone who wants a strong advocate for necessary and bold progressive policy wants, it doesn't excite me. I never got the hype. I don't think she was particularly great on the debate stage either.

But it's not about me. It's not about the left; like you said. I wish it were, but Democrats have made it very clear it isn't.

I just wish that during a historic pandemic and an incredibly significant period of protest the best we had wasn't the crime bill guy and the prosecutor who loved throwing parents in jail because their kids skipped school! Or people more adequately and passionately prepared to fight climate change. Or people who truly care about universal health care. Or just...anything interesting.

Again, Dems are so lucky that Trump is just a walking dumpster fire.
    agree with all you said but like I said earlier. America is a moderate country. Yes, some states are super liberal some are super conservative. Conservatives keep voting against their own self interest. No liberal like Bernie/AOC right now can win the moderate voters than will decide the election. I would rather have someone who agrees with me 70% of the time than someone who is against what I believe in 100% of the time.

Also, poor Elizabeth Warren

Tarnished her progressive legacy to get beat out by Kamala. Hope it was worth it!
    Warren was never going to be the pick because MA Governor would have chosen a republican to replace her in the senate. Knowing how close the senate will be, losing Warren could cost the Dems a majority if they won back the senate and presidency.

Quote Originally Posted by lamar2006 View Post
    Warren was never going to be the pick because MA Governor would have chosen a republican to replace her in the senate. Knowing how close the senate will be, losing Warren could cost the Dems a majority if they won back the senate and presidency.
    Makes it all the more pathetic what she did to kneecap the only actual progressive candidate then.
    HELLO

Iím cool with Harris.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefully we do get Senator Barbara Lee out of this though!

OK. I'm done.

Again, it feels like the obvious pick in hindsight. I also don't think it actually matters much electorally who he picked. At least it's not Tim Kaine!
    HELLO

Hopefully we do get Senator Barbara Lee out of this though!

OK. I'm done.

Again, it feels like the obvious pick in hindsight. I also don't think it actually matters much electorally who he picked. At least it's not Tim Kaine!
    no. Gavin is gonna appoint a hispanic. California is 30-40% hispanic. Time for them to be represented.

Klobuchar is a moderate COP. She failed to prosecute George Floyd's murderer.
    umm....that trial's already over?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

no. Gavin is gonna appoint a hispanic. California is 30-40% hispanic. Time for them to be represented.
    2022 will be here soon enough.

But I'm just wishfully and wildly speculating/hoping.
    HELLO

The 2020 Presidential Race

It isnít about Harris driving out the black vote, Trump will do that for democrats. Picking Harris is about getting suburban and educated women.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    umm....that trial's already over?
    it's not but George Floyd is dead. Chauvin was the main culprit in his death. He may get off on some technicality because he is a cop but YES! Chauvin is a murdered. He may not end up in prison but he did murder Floyd. If Chauvin didn't have his knee on his neck George would be alive now.

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    It isnít about Harris driving out the black vote, Trump will do that for democrats. Picking Harris is about getting suburban and educated women.

True but getting 85% of the black vote to turn out versus getting 90+ to turn out because of the excitement Harris brings can make a significant difference in states like Michican, Pennsylvania, Georgia, North Carolina. Let's remember Trump only won MI by 10k votes. Harris alone gets Biden another 20k+ black votes in MI. Path for Trump to win got narrower today.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    He knows all that. Everybody does.

What heís arguing for is pretty simple.

Schoolchildren are unlikely to die from Covid-19. Let them go to school.

Their teachers, workers, and parents under the age of, say, 60 may get the disease and spread it much further to colleagues, etc., and some will die, for sure, but most will survive.

Teachers over 60 should probably be retired anyway and the ones that donít want to risk it arenít suited for the job.

As for grandparents, older colleagues, and the like, many will eventually get the disease as it moves up the ladder, and a far greater percentage will die (itís called culling out the weak), but still, most will recover.

Allow this the run its course until (a) vaccine or (b) herd immunity, and in the meantime fire up the economy.

In the end, you just all the sick and dead ďcollateral damageĒ, and meanwhile the fortunate enhance their profiles.
    Hey look at that. Someone actually can read what I say and not twist it. Right, wrong or indifferent that is pretty much my thoughts on this with one massive difference: Measures should and can be implemented to greatly lessen the "collateral damage".
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Well this is the dumbest thing youíve ever posted. I know youíre smarter than this. Brewers is drifting off as a political hack, but seriously, you canít think Fauci is an idiot unless you just donít know about him.

Do some research into his background and how heís served both parties and come back please.

Yea...that was a bit harsh and inaccurate. He's not an idiot and I know his background. However, the guy is very wish washy and inconsistent in his message, but he is absolutely being propped up by the left as a God. And he loves it.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!