Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 735 of 973 FirstFirst ... 235635685725733734735736737745785835 ... LastLast
Results 11,011 to 11,025 of 14581
  1. #11011
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    52,481
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    You don't know if it is a problem. You don't know for sure who fills out the ballot.

    Look, there will be mail in voting all over the place this election just to "save lives during the Corona virus." And JoeB will get elected. So you have won. Congratulations.

    This will, of course, lead to mail in voting for the future since "we had no trouble in 2020." So congratulations again.

    You should always be careful what you wish for. In this case it will be Obama 3 and the first woman president.
    By that "logic", you don't know if it or is not a problem either. Have you always lived in crippling fear of some make believe enemy?

    PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

  2. #11012
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    52,481
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    I agree. Trump et al are genuinely worried about voter fraud.

    I also believe that Trump et al wouyld accept the results of a fair election.
    Of course you do. He's your hero.

    PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

  3. #11013
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    52,481
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Yeah. This happens in families all the time.
    Not a single family I know.

    PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

  4. #11014
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    6,524
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    For some people yes it is.


    Let’s be honest. This is all a pattern. What initiatives has the GOP fought against either locally or nationally? Vote by mail, bussing transport in minority neighborhoods to get people to the polls, early voting, supplying more voting machines to densely populated districts to cut down on long lines and waiting.....basically anything that increases voter turnout. Why? Because they’re the minority in this country. They’ve won one popular vote since HW Bush was in office. So they constantly impede turnout or limit availability in blue districts. Rig the game when you can’t win.

    The only reason the GOP is orchestrating this fight against mail in ballots (which have been around for 100 years) is because they don’t have the majority and don’t want to increase turnout.

    Conservative values are fading and these are the death throws before the GOP inevitably has to adapt to new times.
    Point 1……Can we please just drop the popular vote argument. We have the EC. If you want to change it, I am all for it. But until we do, that's what we got. Stop whining about the popular vote.

    Point 2….Anyone who wants to could cll their Supervispr f elections months ahead of the election to get the why and wherefores as to how to vote. Everyone who is a registered voter gets a sample ballot in the mail. With 2 weeks early voting there is no reason why a body cannot get to a polling place. For the two week early voting polling stations can easily be set up in schools, libraries, post offices, police stations, fire stations, supermarket lobbies etc. Virtually everyone moves about in some way at east once every two weeks. Absentee ballots can be set up for college kids, service members, nursing homes.

    People who vote on election day and run into lines are the dummies that did not take advantage of early voting. These are the morons that immediately claim not enough voting sites/machines and disenfranchisement. They had every opportunity to do so earlier and stupidly did not do so.

    If you want to require every employer give their employees 2 hours off to vote early, I'm for that. I give my employees a half day off (and I doubt if they vote for trump.)

    Now you can come up with the people in the hills that can't to a voting place, or the hermit in Alaska, the transients that are on the move, the snowed in Indians in Montana etc.

  5. #11015
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    6,524
    Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    Like President Trump’s?
    No one's is.

    Trump's would be something to behold.

  6. #11016
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Mile High
    Posts
    17,583
    Another great bonus of voting from home is a more educated electorate. Gives me the time to look at every individual race and make an informed decision

    +Improved Voter turnout
    +More educated populace
    +More convenient
    +More efficient
    +Cheaper
    +Proven safe

    Looks like a winner
    Last edited by rhino17; 08-04-2020 at 04:32 PM.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><>
    <><><><>

  7. #11017
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    4,835
    Those who do choose to vote by mail, do as early as possible. Get it in mid-October if possible.
    "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.”

    -JFK


  8. #11018
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    6,524
    Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    Another great bonus of voting from home is a more educated electorate. Gives me the time to look at every individual race and make an informed decision

    +Improved Voter turnout
    +More educated populace
    +More convenient
    +More efficient
    +Cheaper
    +Proven safe

    Looks like a winner
    How the hell does voting from home make you a more educated electorate. Gives me/you the time to look at every individual race and make an informed decision.

    Everyone gets a ballot well in advance. Every district (probably, I don't know for a fact, but I am betting yes) has all the voting info you will ever need on line. And this is available well in advance.

    So how does "official" voting from home make any difference in the world when all the info is sent to you well in advance of whatever voting period you have.

    +Improved Voter turnout - but who is voting
    +More educated populace - not. Everyone has the info ahead of time anyway. They can all educate themselves.
    +More convenient - true
    +More efficient - until ballots arrive late and or are unclear or just pop up
    +Cheaper -ummm not so sure about that. Double envelopes. Handling the envelopes, special machinery, postage
    +Proven safe - hahahahahahahahahahaha

  9. #11019
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    49,716

    The 2020 Presidential Race

    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Having someone sign the voter envelope and then you (or someone else) fill in the ballot is voter fraud that cannot be caught.

    Do you think that this doesn't happen???
    ……………………

    As it is now by going to the polls…how many husbands, wives, sons, daughters say they will vote one way just to shut up spouse or parent and then vote the way they want at the balloting point. Can't do this so easily with mail in voting.
    you are against mail in voting bc your wife will see the mail! He doesn’t want the wife to know he supports Trump. HAhahaha you are priceless Sluggo


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 08-04-2020 at 04:52 PM.
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  10. #11020
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    50,380

    The 2020 Presidential Race

    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Point 1……Can we please just drop the popular vote argument. We have the EC. If you want to change it, I am all for it. But until we do, that's what we got. Stop whining about the popular vote.

    Point 2….Anyone who wants to could cll their Supervispr f elections months ahead of the election to get the why and wherefores as to how to vote. Everyone who is a registered voter gets a sample ballot in the mail. With 2 weeks early voting there is no reason why a body cannot get to a polling place. For the two week early voting polling stations can easily be set up in schools, libraries, post offices, police stations, fire stations, supermarket lobbies etc. Virtually everyone moves about in some way at east once every two weeks. Absentee ballots can be set up for college kids, service members, nursing homes.

    People who vote on election day and run into lines are the dummies that did not take advantage of early voting. These are the morons that immediately claim not enough voting sites/machines and disenfranchisement. They had every opportunity to do so earlier and stupidly did not do so.

    If you want to require every employer give their employees 2 hours off to vote early, I'm for that. I give my employees a half day off (and I doubt if they vote for trump.)

    Now you can come up with the people in the hills that can't to a voting place, or the hermit in Alaska, the transients that are on the move, the snowed in Indians in Montana etc.
    I didn’t whine about anything. It had nothing to do with the electoral college, it had to do with majority support for conservatives which they don’t have. So all these BS arguments and tactics to limit turnout work in their favor.

    Not everyone can get excused by their boss to vote without retribution. It’s just not how it works in many environments.

    But we’ve been down this path before. We agree on the need for early voting and having polls open for as long as possible. But not all these places with long lines on Election Day have early voting.

    And either way, it absolutely is disenfranchisement when we constantly see members of a party in charge of a state purposely under stock machines in areas of their political rivals. It happens every cycle in Ohio. If there’s a GOP Secretary of State then Cincinnati and Cleveland have record wait times. If it’s a Dem governor, the wait times drop and suddenly there are red districts whose polling places are changed but not announced until Election Day.

    Not sure it matters during a pandemic though. At risk groups don’t want to be in places like that especially when there’s lunatics around refusing to wear masks and purposely coughing in people because they think it’s a hoax. We need vote by mail right now.
    Last edited by GGGGG-Men; 08-04-2020 at 04:55 PM.

  11. #11021
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    West Side
    Posts
    12,696
    As much as insufferable lecturing by liberals turns reasonable people outwards, watching, listening and reading conservatives detached from reality paranoia is something else. It’s like they truly believe they live in Pakistan or something.

    So suddenly mail in voting is going to be ripe with fraud- only to benefit Democrats of course. How come they weren’t complaining about it in any other election but only Trump’s?

    I made a thread months back, how many Trump supporters believe in conspiracy theories? That number must be massively high amongst that electorate. Now that’s a scary reality for the US. How do you reconcile with people that have taken Trump’s crybaby blame everyone I’m a victim attitude and world vision and taken it for truth? Can you even call the Republican Party the party of personal responsibility anymore? I mean we have people here blaming things that ‘might’ happen. Wtf?? LOL

  12. #11022
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    6,524
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    you are against mail in voting bc your wife will see the mail! He doesn’t want the wife to know he supports Trump. HAhahaha you are priceless Sluggo


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No idea as to what you are talking about and that males two of us.

  13. #11023
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    6,524
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    I didn’t whine about anything. It had nothing to do with the electoral college, it had to do with majority support for conservatives which they don’t have. So all these BS arguments and tactics to limit turnout work in their favor.

    Not everyone can get excused by their boss to vote without retribution. It’s just not how it works in many environments.

    But we’ve been down this path before. We agree on the need for early voting and having polls open for as long as possible. But not all these places with long lines on Election Day have early voting.

    And either way, it absolutely is disenfranchisement when we constantly see members of a party in charge of a state purposely under stock machines in areas of their political rivals. It happens every cycle in Ohio. If there’s a GOP Secretary of State then Cincinnati and Cleveland have record wait times. If it’s a Dem governor, the wait times drop and suddenly there are red districts whose polling places are changed but not announced until Election Day.

    Not sure it matters during a pandemic though. At risk groups don’t want to be in places like that especially when there’s lunatics around refusing to wear masks and purposely coughing in people because they think it’s a hoax. We need vote by mail right now.
    1st Para…3+ years out and we are still speaking about pop vote / electoral college. Ouch.

    2nd Para…Make it a law to give people 2 hours off. Have Early voting polling places open on weekends. Problem Solved.

    3rd Para…Make it a law to have so many machines for X amount of people. FL tried this by having less expensive machines so they could buy more of them…that was punch cards, hanging chads, butterfly ballots. Didn't work out too well

    4th Para…the pandemic will be the catchall excuse for everything.

    Suggestion………

    How about early voting with assigned days to vote for certain hours. (By last name, last digit on SS#, Last # on Drivers license) But that would require ID. How about election day being a national holiday where everything closes (except hospitals, Police, Fire). How about the Election Holiday being moved to a Monday for a 3 day weekend.

    Difference between you and me……

    You want as many people to vote as possible

    I want as many people to vote as possible and as fairly as possible

  14. #11024
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Mile High
    Posts
    17,583
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    How the hell does voting from home make you a more educated electorate. Gives me/you the time to look at every individual race and make an informed decision.

    Everyone gets a ballot well in advance. Every district (probably, I don't know for a fact, but I am betting yes) has all the voting info you will ever need on line. And this is available well in advance.

    So how does "official" voting from home make any difference in the world when all the info is sent to you well in advance of whatever voting period you have.

    +Improved Voter turnout - but who is voting
    +More educated populace - not. Everyone has the info ahead of time anyway. They can all educate themselves.
    +More convenient - true
    +More efficient - until ballots arrive late and or are unclear or just pop up
    +Cheaper -ummm not so sure about that. Double envelopes. Handling the envelopes, special machinery, postage
    +Proven safe - hahahahahahahahahahaha
    1) You cant bring those materials into a voting booth lol. Do you memorize dozens of races?
    2) Who is voting? - People are voting
    3) Convenience is great
    4) Late ballots are rejected, flawed ballots are rejected. They send you a text informing you of that information once submitted.
    5) A box is cheaper than paying people to run a voting station. Postage isn't involved in the situation.
    6) A GOP led study in Colorado concluded that .002% of ballots were "suspect" - even less were "fraudulent"
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><>
    <><><><>

  15. #11025
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    4,835
    Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    As much as insufferable lecturing by liberals turns reasonable people outwards, watching, listening and reading conservatives detached from reality paranoia is something else. It’s like they truly believe they live in Pakistan or something.

    So suddenly mail in voting is going to be ripe with fraud- only to benefit Democrats of course. How come they weren’t complaining about it in any other election but only Trump’s?

    I made a thread months back, how many Trump supporters believe in conspiracy theories? That number must be massively high amongst that electorate. Now that’s a scary reality for the US. How do you reconcile with people that have taken Trump’s crybaby blame everyone I’m a victim attitude and world vision and taken it for truth? Can you even call the Republican Party the party of personal responsibility anymore? I mean we have people here blaming things that ‘might’ happen. Wtf?? LOL
    The right is insane, deranged, deluded and unhinged.... and needless to say should not be anywhere near the levers of power for the foreseeable future.
    "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.”

    -JFK


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •