Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 723 of 950 FirstFirst ... 223623673713721722723724725733773823 ... LastLast
Results 10,831 to 10,845 of 14240
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    oh for cripes sake....like the Dems...and the pandemic...had no hand in the debt...
    I agree the pandemic threw a monkey wrench into the whole thing, but in terms of the deficit — and thereby the debt — the “Republican” tax cut (at a time of general economic improvement when there was no tax cut necessary) was a bad idea, and pretty much everyone acknowledged it at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    I agree the pandemic threw a monkey wrench into the whole thing, but in terms of the deficit — and thereby the debt — the “Republican” tax cut (at a time of general economic improvement when there was no tax cut necessary) was a bad idea, and pretty much everyone acknowledged it at the time.
    I'm sorry, what was it again that happened with the deficit during Obama's 8 years?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

I'm sorry, what was it again that happened with the deficit during Obama's 8 years?
    It went up, and it was the end of the world, which is the context behind that tweet. Then all the talk if it disappeared, until recently when congress tried to give individuals cash again. Not a peep when we were handing out cash to businesses without a shred of accountability.

A bit of a deflection, wouldn’t you say, seeing as that was not my point?

Nevertheless and in my defense, let’s go back to the primary post about Republicans whining about the deficit/debt when Biden gets elected.

Well, the Republicans pretty much did whine about the deficit for the eight Obama years (editorial comment: even though it was clear malfeasance under their boy “W” — arguably the worst president in my lifetime — that made those deficit-increasing steps necessary).

Then, lo and behold, they stopped whining in 2017, despite the potential negative consequences of their ill-advised and untimely tax cut (my real point)

Presumably, they will return to their old ways if Biden is elected.

As an aside, the pandemic has simply allowed us to see more clearly that a strong economy is not necessarily a healthy one.
    Last edited by Crovash; 07-14-2020 at 01:49 PM.

After the Tax cuts and defense spending increase, our buddy Mitch became worried about our national debt once again and demand that we cut social services and adjust SSI and medicare downward. Which was predicted (easy to do if you follow politics since Reagan) by a lot of democrat posters here.
    WE STILL KNOW WHERE THE PITCHFORKS ARE:Beau of the Fifth Column, you tube.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Except for the donor class who pressure their politicians to pass it. I wish I could remember the republican representative who voiced that fact.

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    After the Tax cuts and defense spending increase, our buddy Mitch became worried about our national debt once again and demand that we cut social services and adjust SSI and medicare downward. Which was predicted (easy to do if you follow politics since Reagan) by a lot of democrat posters here.
    Yep. Mitch is a classic blackout drunk who finds Jesus only when the consequences of his obvious actions come home to roost.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

But for those 8 years we had a healthy economy. He used the debt in a very smart and efficient manner to help the country.

With trump, he completely blew the pandemic response and so putting us in debt. And then handed out money without any oversight to ensure it goes exactly where needed so as to most effectively help the country.

Think about how much could have been accomplished for America with this money. We could have completely upgraded the tech level of entire rural America, and all our major cities. We could have created high speed public transportation across the whole country. We could have created a completely self reliant power grid for the nation. But instead no, it's all to cover the oopsie of incompetent leadership.

Great.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Why didn’t any of you Trumpers tell me I was supporting someone who was anti-window?

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Why didn’t any of you Trumpers tell me I was supporting someone who was anti-window?

Just inject windows into yourself and you’ll understand

oh for cripes sake....like the Dems...and the pandemic...had no hand in the debt...
    It did but the point is that the GOP always, ALWAYS, harps on rising debt when Dems are in charge, but when they take over and add trillions over the foreseeable future, they suddenly don’t care.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Obama has a GOP senate.

Unemployment dropped from double digits to 4.8 (or something). Trump called it fake and then bragged when it dropped 1 point under him.

They all suck.

He is our most stable genius and Chosen One.

Looking at what is trending right now, high unemployment, pandemic, the coming high eviction rate, high default rate on housing and credit cards, and crime (rough time increase lawlessness), what intelligent man would want to be president. All these things together is going to call for some drastic changes in our society. Whether that be helpful or repressive in solving our problems remains to be seen. I just don't see how this many people, suffering from various things at the same time will be silent, with their displeasure. And Trump being kicked out of office isn't going to do it. Biden and the moderates best have a damn good plan

Another repubican president for them to clean up behind, I just don't think they are up for it this time.