Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 717 of 880 FirstFirst ... 217617667707715716717718719727767817 ... LastLast
Results 10,741 to 10,755 of 13195
  1. #10741
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    50,232
    Former Bush crew is creating a superpac to support Biden.

    The left isn’t the only group divided these days.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #10742
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    6,203
    Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    Sure they could, I'm sure it would be rough to watch people getting thrown off their land for nothing in return, but you know.
    So you would be in favor of just turning over the land to the Indians and letting them destroy Mt Rushmore????

    Is that what you are saying????

    Really????

  3. #10743
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Mile High
    Posts
    17,467
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    So you would be in favor of just turning over the land to the Indians and letting them destroy Mt Rushmore????

    Is that what you are saying????

    Really????
    Why not?
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><>
    <><><><>

  4. #10744
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5,987
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    So you would be in favor of just turning over the land to the Indians and letting them destroy Mt Rushmore????

    Is that what you are saying????

    Really????
    I'm not sure they were in favor of us taking it in the first place. If we could displace people then, we certainly can now. You said it couldn't be done, it can be and has been before.

  5. #10745
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    13,253
    Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    Why not?
    I'm sure if you owned a million dollar property you'd saved for all your life and they told you...sorry, nope, this ain't yours no more...you'd be just fine with it, right?

    There are better ways...I just don't know what they are.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  6. #10746
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    6,203
    Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    I'm not sure they were in favor of us taking it in the first place. If we could displace people then, we certainly can now. You said it couldn't be done, it can be and has been before.
    So what is it that they want at Mt Rushmore???

    One tribal guy said he would personally destroy it at his expense.

    Can we just give them a plaque thanking them for the land they "donated." I good for that. How about a federally funded Lakota Museum on the park grounds. I'd be OK with that too.

  7. #10747
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    7,426
    Blow it up. Sell off the fragments to a bunch a yahoos.

  8. #10748
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    13,253
    Mt Rushmore National Monument encompasses 1276 acres
    The Lakota want the Black Hills, which encompasses 3.2mil acres
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  9. #10749
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5,987
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    So what is it that they want at Mt Rushmore???

    One tribal guy said he would personally destroy it at his expense.

    Can we just give them a plaque thanking them for the land they "donated." I good for that. How about a federally funded Lakota Museum on the park grounds. I'd be OK with that too.
    I mean, it belongs to that one guy and his tribe, they can do as they please on their own property. Maybe they could just pay the tribe property taxes, they could even make the folks that stay 2/3'rds a person and give them a vote.

  10. #10750
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    6,203
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Mt Rushmore National Monument encompasses 1276 acres
    The Lakota want the Black Hills, which encompasses 3.2mil acres
    Wait a minute!!!!!

    Wait just a God damned minute!!!!

    This from Wikipedia………

    Native Americans have a long history in the Black Hills. After conquering the Cheyenne in 1776, the Lakota took the territory of the Black Hills, which became central to their culture.

    "Conquering" "Took"

    The Lakota stole the land from the Cheyenne!!!!!

    Then the whiteys took it from the Lakota.

    It's like an isosceles triangle.

    So who really owns what……The Cheyenne, the Lakota or the Whiteys. (Possession is 9/10s of the law.)

  11. #10751
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5,987
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Wait a minute!!!!!

    Wait just a God damned minute!!!!

    This from Wikipedia………

    Native Americans have a long history in the Black Hills. After conquering the Cheyenne in 1776, the Lakota took the territory of the Black Hills, which became central to their culture.

    "Conquering" "Took"

    The Lakota stole the land from the Cheyenne!!!!!

    Then the whiteys took it from the Lakota.

    It's like an isosceles triangle.

    So who really owns what……The Cheyenne, the Lakota or the Whiteys. (Possession is 9/10s of the law.)
    You mean to say the natives weren't just gentle forest people hopping around a campfire. I'll be damned.

  12. #10752
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    13,253
    well the Cheyenne never 'owned' it, as in having any legal rights to it, nor did the Lakota.....until the US Federal Government gave it to them in the Treaty of Fort Laramie in 1868...

    if you're wanting to talk more philosophically, as in 'who really owns ANY land', that's different from having currently recognized rights for use of a piece of land
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  13. #10753
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5,987
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    well the Cheyenne never 'owned' it, as in having any legal rights to it, nor did the Lakota.....until the US Federal Government gave it to them in the Treaty of Fort Laramie in 1868...

    if you're wanting to talk more philosophically, as in 'who really owns ANY land', that's different from having currently recognized rights for use of a piece of land
    Yeah, and the lakota were pushed west into Cheyenne territory, not that they didnt have endless wars over territory like the rest of the planet.

  14. #10754
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    6,203
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    well the Cheyenne never 'owned' it, as in having any legal rights to it, nor did the Lakota.....until the US Federal Government gave it to them in the Treaty of Fort Laramie in 1868...

    if you're wanting to talk more philosophically, as in 'who really owns ANY land', that's different from having currently recognized rights for use of a piece of land
    Nice side stepping.

  15. #10755
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    6,203
    Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    Yeah, and the lakota were pushed west into Cheyenne territory, not that they didnt have endless wars over territory like the rest of the planet.
    See the above post.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •