Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 717 of 880 FirstFirst ... 217617667707715716717718719727767817 ... LastLast
Results 10,741 to 10,755 of 13195
    Former Bush crew is creating a superpac to support Biden.

The left isn’t the only group divided these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    Sure they could, I'm sure it would be rough to watch people getting thrown off their land for nothing in return, but you know.
    So you would be in favor of just turning over the land to the Indians and letting them destroy Mt Rushmore????

Is that what you are saying????

Really????

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    So you would be in favor of just turning over the land to the Indians and letting them destroy Mt Rushmore????

Really????
    Why not?
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><>
    <><><><>

Really????
    I'm not sure they were in favor of us taking it in the first place. If we could displace people then, we certainly can now. You said it couldn't be done, it can be and has been before.

Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    Why not?
    I'm sure if you owned a million dollar property you'd saved for all your life and they told you...sorry, nope, this ain't yours no more...you'd be just fine with it, right?

There are better ways...I just don't know what they are.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

I'm not sure they were in favor of us taking it in the first place. If we could displace people then, we certainly can now. You said it couldn't be done, it can be and has been before.
    So what is it that they want at Mt Rushmore???

One tribal guy said he would personally destroy it at his expense.

Can we just give them a plaque thanking them for the land they "donated." I good for that. How about a federally funded Lakota Museum on the park grounds. I'd be OK with that too.

Blow it up. Sell off the fragments to a bunch a yahoos.

Mt Rushmore National Monument encompasses 1276 acres
    The Lakota want the Black Hills, which encompasses 3.2mil acres

So what is it that they want at Mt Rushmore???

One tribal guy said he would personally destroy it at his expense.

Can we just give them a plaque thanking them for the land they "donated." I good for that. How about a federally funded Lakota Museum on the park grounds. I'd be OK with that too.
    I mean, it belongs to that one guy and his tribe, they can do as they please on their own property. Maybe they could just pay the tribe property taxes, they could even make the folks that stay 2/3'rds a person and give them a vote.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Mt Rushmore National Monument encompasses 1276 acres
    The Lakota want the Black Hills, which encompasses 3.2mil acres
    Wait a minute!!!!!

Wait just a God damned minute!!!!

This from Wikipedia………

Native Americans have a long history in the Black Hills. After conquering the Cheyenne in 1776, the Lakota took the territory of the Black Hills, which became central to their culture.

"Conquering" "Took"

The Lakota stole the land from the Cheyenne!!!!!

Then the whiteys took it from the Lakota.

It's like an isosceles triangle.

So who really owns what……The Cheyenne, the Lakota or the Whiteys. (Possession is 9/10s of the law.)

Wait a minute!!!!!

Wait just a God damned minute!!!!

This from Wikipedia………

Native Americans have a long history in the Black Hills. After conquering the Cheyenne in 1776, the Lakota took the territory of the Black Hills, which became central to their culture.

"Conquering" "Took"

The Lakota stole the land from the Cheyenne!!!!!

Then the whiteys took it from the Lakota.

It's like an isosceles triangle.

So who really owns what……The Cheyenne, the Lakota or the Whiteys. (Possession is 9/10s of the law.)
    You mean to say the natives weren't just gentle forest people hopping around a campfire. I'll be damned.

well the Cheyenne never 'owned' it, as in having any legal rights to it, nor did the Lakota.....until the US Federal Government gave it to them in the Treaty of Fort Laramie in 1868...

if you're wanting to talk more philosophically, as in 'who really owns ANY land', that's different from having currently recognized rights for use of a piece of land

well the Cheyenne never 'owned' it, as in having any legal rights to it, nor did the Lakota.....until the US Federal Government gave it to them in the Treaty of Fort Laramie in 1868...

if you're wanting to talk more philosophically, as in 'who really owns ANY land', that's different from having currently recognized rights for use of a piece of land
    Yeah, and the lakota were pushed west into Cheyenne territory, not that they didnt have endless wars over territory like the rest of the planet.

Nice side stepping.

Yeah, and the lakota were pushed west into Cheyenne territory, not that they didnt have endless wars over territory like the rest of the planet.
    See the above post.