Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 393 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast
    I’d like to see 5 quality tickets in 2020:

Trump/Pence (I use “quality” loosely in this case)
    Romney/Flake
    Harris/Booker (or Beto if he’s not a senator)
    Sanders/Warren
    Libertarian- whoever wins that primary.

I think that would accurately represent the majority of voters’ ideological spectrum. Of course there are still the other fringe parties and candidates (prohibition party is still a thing).

But that’s a pipe dream. I’d be shocked if we’re not talking about Trump v Harris in 2020 with a Green or Libertarian spoiler.

Quote Originally Posted by FlakeyFool View Post
    Really? That's actually pretty depressing. I watched the clip, it wasn't really heaps of praise for him. Great for the environment, weak on wall street.

I think ralphs message today, if he ran, would resonate bigly
    I just watched it again. "Heaps of praise" was wrong, you're correct. I was just surprised he had nice things to say in the first place, so I guess I got carried away with it in my recollection.

2000 is the first election I was somewhat privy too. I grew up in such a liberal place that my middle school's mock election saw Nader getting more votes than Bush

But look at Nader's 2000 campaign (per Wikipedia, in the order presented there):

Campaign finance reform
    Voter fraud
    Environmental justice
    Universal healthcare
    Affordable housing
    Free college
    Worker's rights
    Increasing the minimum wage to a living wage
    Exonerating non-violate prisoners in jail due to drug charges
    Legalization of weed
    Taxing the wealthy and cutting taxes for the middle and low classes

He felt the party had drifted too far to the right and ran on that message. The mainstream laughed, and even attacked, him. Like they ALWAYS do. But he was right...and nothing has changed in any regard. What he was running on 18 years ago could very well be the platform of the party this year if they bothered trying to come up with a clear platform. But this party just lags so far behind where they need to be that they end up just shooting themselves in the foot.

Keep punching left, Libs!

EDIT: I agree with GGGGGmen tho...Nader doesn't have "it" anymore. I don't think he's a viable option.
    Hello there! Welcome to ManRam v8.00.
    Patch notes: This version is nice, funny, cool & good™ now

I cant believe the attention the whole Warren/Native american thing is getting... Honestly, who the **** cares?!

That one minor thing, regardless of where you line up on it, isn't going to sway people from voting or not voting for her. Politics in america has gotten absolutely ridiculous.

Tulsi Gabbard is one democrat that I wish would run for president. Im more libertarian/conservative but she is one democrat who does appeal to me in a lot of ways.

Quote Originally Posted by jojo30 View Post
    I cant believe the attention the whole Warren/Native american thing is getting... Honestly, who the **** cares?!
    . The media for one. This is their bread and butter. This is the kind of stuff that makes profits.

Tulsi Gabbard is one democrat that I wish would run for president. Im more libertarian/conservative but she is one democrat who does appeal to me in a lot of ways.
    I have plenty of issues with Gabbard -- as I do with most every person whose name is being floated around -- but she's remarkably good and consistent in terms of foreign policy which is a massively important thing. And at a time when it just becomes clearer and clearer that we're all too forgiving of people in power who make massive mistakes, her voting against the Invasion of Iraq alone bumps her up for me.

A lot of conservatives like her, which is a bit weird, but I'd take her over any of the milquetoast "front-runners" like Biden, Booker, Gillibrand, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Your level of convinced-ness is irrelevant. As Bengie Shapiro says, facts don't care about your feelings. What you feel about her ancestry is wholly irrelevant. The test matches up to what she's described in the past. So she wasn't a liar then and has officially proven that to the world.
    According to Fox News (GASP!) most people walking around the US have more Indian blood in them than the 1/64th that Screeching Bird has.

I dunno. Never checked mine.

That one minor thing, regardless of where you line up on it, isn't going to sway people from voting or not voting for her. Politics in america has gotten absolutely ridiculous.

I can't believe it either. I can't believe that science being behind climate change/humans contributing needs to be argued/is disputed in another thread. There are so many things that are almost unbelievable, yet here we are. We can go on and on with the "I can't believes" but the who cares/why are we here is pretty obvious imo.

The same people that cared about and made a big scene about Obama's birth certificate. The same reason a judge would be questioned if he can be unbiased because he is "mexican". I think we know who/why people care about stuff like this and continually bring it into the headlines. Media definitely loves that aspect even if they regularly "take the other side".

Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    Sluggo I have a question for you. Do you refer top all asian people as "Chinamen"?
    Why would I do that? There are other people in Asia (capital "A") besides the Chinese. Russians, Indians, Arabs, Persians, Viet Namese etc.

Surprised you didn't know that.

I bet most Chinese (not "Chinamen" as you called them. Disrepectful) think all North Americans are Americans/

I bet.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    . The media for one. This is their bread and butter. This is the kind of stuff that makes profits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    According to Fox News (GASP!) most people walking around the US have more Indian blood in them than the 1/64th that Screeching Bird has.

Case in point.

I can't believe she actually took the dna test. I can believe she's 99.99999% white.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    I can't believe she actually took the dna test. I can believe she's 99.99999% white.
    Honestly, I think this whole circumstance kinda disqualifies her. If you can't handle this, you have no shot. She shouldn't have done this.

And I thought she was one of the couple few that could stand up there with Trump and not just get destroyed by Trump's trumpiness. Not so sure any more. Yeesh.

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    Honestly, I think this whole circumstance kinda disqualifies her. If you can't handle this, you have no shot. She shouldn't have done this.

And I thought she was one of the couple few that could stand up there with Trump and not just get destroyed by Trump's trumpiness. Not so sure any more. Yeesh.
    No one can stand up to Trump's Trumpiness. It's the classic quote "never argue with a stupid person, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience".

Quote Originally Posted by FlakeyFool View Post
    lmao thats a campaign event? According to her dna results, she didn't lie in that clip either
    Good god... Yea she did. She's lied about this since day one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    Trump must have sent out a special tweet to his most loyal chodes to push the agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    Good god watch your link. She didn’t lie

Page 7 of 393 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast