Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 633 of 949 FirstFirst ... 133533583623631632633634635643683733 ... LastLast
Results 9,481 to 9,495 of 14229
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I said Liberal. Clinton was by no means a Liberal. Both political parties are to blame, but both parties have vocal components against these policies. In the case of strong law enforcement laws, Liberals (and Libertarians on the other side) are against it.
    Fair enough, my brain translated it to Dem.

I would also like to take the opportunity to say that Chomski said Nixon was the last liberal US president

Who would you say is the last liberal president?
    Last edited by Scoots; 05-15-2020 at 04:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    If you do away with income tax you can replace it with a tax on money earned and not spent to encourage the rich to spend the huge amounts they earn.
    Isn't money earned and not spent savings???? So you would tax savings.

And if you encourage "the rich to spend the huge amounts they earn" they would spend less on tax since they are spending money.

This sounds like the AOC tax plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Isn't money earned and not spent savings???? So you would tax savings.

And if you encourage "the rich to spend the huge amounts they earn" they would spend less on tax since they are spending money.

This sounds like the AOC tax plan.
    Yes, that is a tax on savings. I don't have any idea what AOCs plan is.

A sales tax plus a savings tax instead of an income tax.

You could tax savings at 30% and sales tax at 15%
    Last edited by Scoots; 05-15-2020 at 05:03 PM.

Yes, that is a tax on savings. I don't have any idea what AOCs plan is.

A sales tax plus a savings tax instead of an income tax.
    Well a tax on savings is pretty unique. It would seem to encourage not savings.

And if the rich spend so much money, that would be less savings and less tax.

I don't get the plan, Alexandra. Stick to the windmills.

So ... spend money and pay sales tax. Don't spend money and pay even more tax on money not spent. Clear?

I would also like the tax bill to be automatic, no need to file anything.

Also would like a statement sent to everyone that shows every penny the government at any level took from you in taxes, fees, or fines. So maybe people would realize how much they are paying for what they get.

So ... spend money and pay sales tax. Don't spend money and pay even more tax on money not spent. Clear?
    No, not really.

Most people do not save more than they spend.
    Last edited by Sluggo1; 05-15-2020 at 05:14 PM.

I would also like the tax bill to be automatic, no need to file anything.

Also would like a statement sent to everyone that shows every penny the government at any level took from you in taxes, fees, or fines. So maybe people would realize how much they are paying for what they get.
    It is you, AOC.

Sluggo says hi.

And I'll have a Makers Mark on the rocks…it's that bottle with the red waxy stuff on the cap. You probably have it over near the Gin.

Hilarious!

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Thanks for sharing more of those nonsense opinions you are so in love with when they support your warped outlook but go nuts over when they don't.
    do you want to answer the question? shouldn't the economy in California be important?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

No, not really.

Most people do not save more than they spend.
    So? That works out fine.

It is you, AOC.

Sluggo says hi.

And I'll have a Makers Mark on the rocks…it's that bottle with the red waxy stuff on the cap. You probably have it over near the Gin.
    When did AOC say anything like any of that? She wants to take MORE of your money, she wants to take MOST of your money and throw it down holes full of wishes. I want the federal government to be 1/10th as big and let people keep more of their money.

Income tax as opposed to a tax on money earned????? …… Explain that one.

Tax on what you spend is fair to everyone…key word here is everyone. And if you pay a tax on what you spend you can control your own tax bill by spending less. Fair to everyone.
    Rich people spend and save. Poor people just spend. A sales tax would therefore be regressive because it would tax poor people at a higher percentage of their income.

There is a flat tax idea with a prebate (fair tax). That’s where every American tax payer gets a prebate check from the government. This would help offset this disadvantage to some degree since it would essential cover the average tax paid on living essentials which would be more valuable to a lower income than a higher income. Most independent assessments still think it is slightly regressive.

If a tax on savings encourages people not save, them wouldn’t that also mean a tax on spending encourages people not to spend?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbc...mp/ncna1208366

Not seeing this widely reported yet. Would need to see more info to believe but if true it could be a bombshell.