Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 618 of 883 FirstFirst ... 118518568608616617618619620628668718 ... LastLast
Results 9,256 to 9,270 of 13242
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter_White View Post
    Other countries have more than two parties and that doesn't happen.
    Yes it does.

Are you trying to be funny?
    No. If 3rd parties just keep gaining eventually they will matter.

Oh, and if a third party somehow got enough Electoral Votes to prevent someone from getting 270, the election goes to House of Reps, and if a third party somehow got a plurality (but not a majority) of EVs, it still goes to the House of Reps, and they’d just vote for the Republican. So you’d need to get rid of the Electoral College too.
    Nah, they would however need to win and not tie.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Keep gaining? Where has a 3rd party been gaining? They are more irrelevant now than ever. They will never matter in this country. Voting 3rd party is throwing your vote in the garbage
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><>
    <><><><>

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    I don't agree.

I have never seen a time like this where one candidate is so disliked and the other is borderline senile (and I know the joke… which is which, so you can save that one.)

To that add the constant ability for millions to get their voice out there over the internet (something that never happened before) so that anyone's stupid opinion can be confirmed by millions and now that opinion is thought to be "rampant."

These are different times.
    Meh. Every era says that. You truly underestimate both the stranglehold that the two parties have on America and the idiocy of the American voter.

And TR, Ross Perot, George Wallace celebrities??? Bit of a stretch. Most you could say is that TR had a following…the others, not really.
    I use the term celebrity to mean something more than music, television, and film performers.

So, let’s see, Teddy Roosevelt had already been president for 7 years, so there’d have to be some so-called celebrity status in that.

George Wallace had been a highly visible racist governor, and he was a genuine hero to those in a certain region (and what do you know, that was the region he won. Go figure).

Perot might have been the least well known (before the election) and the richest (the guy was a multi-billionaire well before that became so commonplace). He ran as an independent in 1992 and garnered 19% of the vote, an outstanding achievement. So he formed the Reform Party, put together a program, platform, and policy, and ran in 1996, where he managed only 8% of the vote. Bye bye Perot; bye bye Reform Party.

Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    Keep gaining? Where has a 3rd party been gaining? They are more irrelevant now than ever. They will never matter in this country. Voting 3rd party is throwing your vote in the garbage
    So, a 3rd party has never mattered in this country? Care to check your US history?

Status quo or GTFO

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Normally, yes this is true.

But northing has been normal since Trump was elected.

To that, add the virus problem and………who knows.

I'm not saying it would happen, but if ever the timing would be good for a third party, it would be now … if the candidate had built up some steam.

I would have voted for Mark Cuban or even Herman Caine or Nikki Hailey over Trump or Biden
    You are so damn right. I won't be surprised a few names pop up for the Job. It will be interesting to see whether it will be from the right or the left. Just let them have just one three hour debate, and people will be questioning their choices
    Last edited by WES445; 04-29-2020 at 11:41 PM.

Ross Perot is a big reason why Bill Clinton won in 1992 and 1996. He took votes away from Bush.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post
    Ross Perot is a big reason why Bill Clinton won in 1992 and 1996. He took votes away from Bush.
    Ralph Nader took votes from Gore in 2000.

Let’s not forget that Bush won Florida by like some 500 votes, Nader got like 100K votes in FLA that year.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Ralph Nader took votes from Gore in 2000.

Let’s not forget that Bush won Florida by like some 500 votes, Nader got like 100K votes in FLA that year.
    That election was a joke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    That election was a joke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Why was it a joke????

Because yur side lost????

LOL, ok dude. Be proud of your 3% in 2016. Man you are really a parody.
    "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.”

-JFK

Now here's someone who gets it.
    "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.”

-JFK

Nah, they would however need to win and not tie.
    What do you mean "nah"? If no candidate gets a majority (not plurality) of Electoral Votes the election goes to the House. That's how it works. A tie is the only way that happens with a two party vote share (sans faithless electors), but with 3 or more viable parties, it probably happens every election.

-JFK