Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 588 of 714 FirstFirst ... 88488538578586587588589590598638688 ... LastLast
Results 8,806 to 8,820 of 10710
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter_White View Post
    Liberals want to put judges on the court who will PROTECT voting rights. Evers sought to postpone the election due to the health risks of people voting and the gerrymandered GOP legislature, with the help of activist judges in their pocket, overruled him. They were able to overrule him because a lame duck session stripped Evers of a lot of his powers after Scott Walker lost. You will not find a "Dem" version of these blatant democracy destroying, election rigging shenanigans despite your lazy, uninformed, shameless "bothsidering" of this. I have no idea why you think liberals love bureaucracies. You're way off base on that one.
    Once the Dems have all the seats at every level then they have all the control. It's the same thing. Like I said, the Dems are just nicer about it.

Who cares about protecting the health of your citizens? GOP has a Supreme Court race to win so they can gerrymander another majority for another decade! Nothing wrong with sacrificing a few hundred people for that.
    "Supreme Court race to win"? Supreme Court justices are not elected, but I assume you know that. If you mean the Presidential election, this decision had nothing to do with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Biden is finally speaking Walters language

https://twitter.com/breaking911/stat...416219649?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It’s like Mr Magoo running for office.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    I seriously do think he’s starting to get dementia. I don’t remember him ever being this bad and he is getting old.

Yeah I agree. He’s a mess and I almost feel bad. It seems like the DNC is smashing him through the process and he should be home resting.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    "Supreme Court race to win"? Supreme Court justices are not elected, but I assume you know that. If you mean the Presidential election, this decision had nothing to do with that.
    No I mean the Wisconsin state Supreme Court, which does elect their judges, and there is an election— or pardon me, an “election” — for one today.

H’20

I am totally against mail in ballots.

I also think absentee ballots should be limited far more than they are now.

These are basically "lazy ballots." People that just don't "feel like" going down and gettin on line.

Here's how to solve the problem……

Make every state have a length early voting period…2 - 3 weeks should be sufficient.
    Some sort of approved ID is required.
    Make election day a shut down national holiday…all businesses close (hospitals, Police, Fireman etc obviously have to work.) Move election day to Monday and make it a nice 3 day weekend.

Everyone moves about in their lives.
    Every community has a post office
    Every county has some sort of county center, library, police station, fire station, schools etc.
    You could set up voting stations in supermarkets under extremely rural areas.
    People move about…they can get to places.

You have two to three weeks to get to one of these places, ID yourself and vote. Two to three weeks.

If you are hospitalized or nursing homed and want to vote, arrangements can be made for some election official to visit your facility…there are plenty of poll worker volunteers and there should not be all that many people that will fit this requirement. Some places would be worse than others.

If grandma has trouble getting to the polls, a family member can take her there, wheel her in and put her in the front of the line.

Mail in ballots & absentee ballots lead to problems. Every time there is a close election, a case of uncounted ballots pops up in someone's car, a closet, a desk, late mail rolls in etc. They are not worth the problems they leave open. Even if there is not a problem, the losing side will say there is.

People need to ID themselves and vote in person.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post

These are basically "lazy ballots." People that just don't "feel like" going down and gettin on line.

Make every state have a length early voting period…2 - 3 weeks should be sufficient.
    Make election day a shut down national holiday…all businesses close (hospitals, Police, Fireman etc obviously have to work.) Move election day to Monday and make it a nice 3 day weekend.

Every county has some sort of county center, library, police station, fire station, schools etc.

You have two to three weeks to get to one of these places, ID yourself and vote. Two to three weeks.

If you are hospitalized or nursing homed and want to vote, arrangements can be made for some election official to visit your facility…there are plenty of poll worker volunteers and there should not be all that many people that will fit this requirement. Some places would be worse than others.

If grandma has trouble getting to the polls, a family member can take her there, wheel her in and put her in the front of the line.

Mail in ballots & absentee ballots lead to problems. Every time there is a close election, a case of uncounted ballots pops up in someone's car, a closet, a desk, late mail rolls in etc. They are not worth the problems they leave open. Even if there is not a problem, the losing side will say there is.

They show up in elections that aren’t close too, but nobody cares since they won’t make a difference in the result. Mail voting is the only solution right now. It’s not perfect but nothing is. Voter fraud isn’t a thing.

I am for this system with the Caveat that voting IDs be issued for free from the government if they do not have an ID that is allowed for voting.

I don’t think it’s fair to call them lazy. People have crazy work and life schedules, people have disabilities and disadvantages, people live in districts with lines for hours because parties play BS games in how they supply machines to opposition districts.

Vote by mail is very much needed and I’m not sure what the issue is with them for you. Even for people like me who do it out of convenience (now I’m in WA where it’s mandatory). So what. That’s what we always do. Make things more efficient.

I do agree with you on the changes you laid out though. We are so so so behind in updating this. Countries in Europe will have multiple days of polls open over a weekend and turnouts shoot up. And when you get exit poll results a day or two in, it inspires the base of who is trailing to come out and vote.

100% with you on that front.

Problems with voting by mail……You don't know who is voting. People will take ballots for other family members and send them in. "Just sign here pop and I'll take care of it for you."

They always seem "materialize" after the fact in close elections.

People will complain about arriving after a deadline. In a close election, the loser will have every reason under the sun as to why these votes should be counted.

Incorrectly filled out ballots will cause another cause celebré for the losing party in a close election.

Accusations of phony ballots…someone doesn't vote so someone else fills out a ballot. Losing party will claim this. If you find one ballot like this…the entire election becomes tainted.

With 2-3 weeks of early voting, and numerous polls being set up around your county, few people will be unable to get to the polls.

These aren't the times where we should be leaving elections up to all kinds of criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I am for this system with the Caveat that voting IDs be issued for free from the government if they do not have an ID that is allowed for voting.
    I have no problem with free IDs for those who cannot afford them.

Again, mail ballots “materialize” in elections that aren’t close too. It just isn’t going to receive media attention.

Again, mail ballots “materialize” in elections that aren’t close too. It just isn’t going to receive media attention.
    Probably true.

People expend all kinds of time to do what they really want to do.

New iPhone coming out …people start lining up around the block.

Concert tickets…same, same

Hot Broadway show…where does the line start?

Black Friday TV deals…people are camping out outside Best Buy on Thanksgiving night

Cabbage Patch Dolls, latest video games, whatever the toy is that you can't deprive your kid of…lines. lines, lines

People do what they have to do to do or get what they really want.

Yopu want to vote…you have 2-3 weeks of simple early voting. Plenty of time.