Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 523 of 1310 FirstFirst ... 234234735135215225235245255335736231023 ... LastLast
Results 7,831 to 7,845 of 19644
  1. #7831
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn New York
    Posts
    22,563
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    How about Sanders actually get young people to the polls? That's supposed to be his thing. I don't know the numbers country wide but in 2016 16% of the electorate in the primary was 17-29. In 2020 that number dropped to 13%. So where is this magnificent motivation of young people to the polls to vote for Sanders? They will definitely tell you how Bernie is the man but they won't go to the polls to put their voice behind him where it matters. It was a 5 minute walk for me to go vote so there's no real excuse that it's too hard or takes too long. Hell that dude in Texas stood in line for 7 hours and made sure his vote was cast. I don't know how he voted but people who complain that it takes too long or is too much of a hassle would probably get ***** slapped by that man.

    So rather than restricting peoples' right to vote, which I didn't know the Democratic party was about, we focus on getting those people to the polls? Maybe we could do that? Just maybe...
    Letís not ignore the fact that there was a huge amount of voter suppression in Texas and am sure in other states. Unsurprisingly, a lot of minorities didnít get a chance to vote because the system is still so ****ed.

    Young people are a bunch of ****ing *******. OK Boomer people all you ****ing want but canít drag your *** to the nearest polling site. I hope all of these candidates who are unfavorable by young people end up winning because ****, these younger folks are a bunch of ****ing lazy idiots.

    Iím saying this as someone whoís voted in every election Iíve been eligible to vote in.
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

  2. #7832
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    5,089
    Quote Originally Posted by FlakeyFool View Post
    Someone has daddy issues
    You're a creep.
    "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.Ē

    -JFK


  3. #7833
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn New York
    Posts
    22,563
    Also, **** Warren. Sheís obviously staying in the race just to split votes with Bernie. She has zero shot at winning and even ****ing Bloomberg dropped out before her. I wonder how different yesterday is if Warren and Bloomberg are out.

    Amy and Pete dropped out to endorse Biden, itís her time to drop out and endorse Bernie although I doubt she does that and instead moves from her pseudo progressive persona back to her neo liberalism.

    I keep hearing about Joe Bidenís message but nobody wants to talk about what the **** his message even is. American politics are such a joke.
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

  4. #7834
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    14,676
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter_White View Post
    You're a creep.
    Okay

    Ever since you went "all in" on Bernie, he's done terribly. Similar to when you went all in on Beto, and then buttigieg.

  5. #7835
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    20,863
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    ďThat would be greatĒ

    Yeah, that tells me everything I need to know.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Oh no! I fear I may have invalidated my opinions in the eyes of some guy on the internet! You know what I'll probably do week after next anyway, though? I think I'll still go ahead and vote.

    Anyone who wouldn't - to reiterate - is not someone whose say in democracy I'd be particularly concerned in losing. It has nothing to do with who they support. If you'd forfeit your Constitutional right because of something someone said on the internet, that's a you a problem. Thankfully, last night's results would suggest most people aren't doing this. Again, a great time to be an American. The best time to date, perhaps.


  6. #7836
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    97,313
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Letís not ignore the fact that there was a huge amount of voter suppression in Texas and am sure in other states. Unsurprisingly, a lot of minorities didnít get a chance to vote because the system is still so ****ed.

    Young people are a bunch of ****ing *******. OK Boomer people all you ****ing want but canít drag your *** to the nearest polling site. I hope all of these candidates who are unfavorable by young people end up winning because ****, these younger folks are a bunch of ****ing lazy idiots.

    Iím saying this as someone whoís voted in every election Iíve been eligible to vote in.
    And the people in Texas ensured that their vote would be counted anyways. In 2016, there were 1.4M votes cast in the Democratic primary. This go around, there were just shy of 2M. That's still short of the 2.7M that voted in 2008 but still a very impressive showing.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

    https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

  7. #7837
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn New York
    Posts
    22,563
    Quote Originally Posted by turnaround3 View Post
    Oh no! I fear I may have invalidated my opinions in the eyes of some guy on the internet! You know what I'll probably do week after next anyway, though? I think I'll still go ahead and vote.

    Anyone who wouldn't - to reiterate - is not someone whose say in democracy I'd be particularly concerned in losing. It has nothing to do with who they support. If you'd forfeit your Constitutional right because of something someone said on the internet, that's a you a problem. Thankfully, last night's results would suggest most people aren't doing this. Again, a great time to be an American. The best time to date, perhaps.
    Lol take it down a notch. Like you said, youíre a guy on the internet. Your opinions are meaningless to me and if I choose not to vote, it sure as hell has nothing to do with you.

    Iíve already said, Iím voting in the primaries, probably not the general election. As a NYer - and you said it yourself, my state is going to vote blue anyways, my vote doesnít matter.

    Iíll find myself looking back at politics when the next progressive wave ends up running for president. Sorry but I refuse to vote for anyone who supported the Iraq war. ****, **** Obama and **** Biden. Iíve felt that way since they started bombing the hell out of Pakistan and started killing innocent civilians. Iíd much rather have the socialist who actually cares about my people and has endorsements/representatives to back up that claim.

    My vote in November is gonna come down to whether I want to vote for the guy who went along with drone striking Pakistani hospitals or I go along with the guy who tried to ban all Muslim people/doesnít care that China has Muslims in concentration camps/the guy who is kissing Modiís *** and doesnít care about the conflict in Kashmir.

    Either way, thereís no representation for my interests if the election so comes down to it. If anything, Iíd feel like a shill voting for anybody who has a history of doing my Ďpeopleí dirty.
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

  8. #7838
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    8,165
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Warren has nearly zero appeal over a large pop.

    People don't like people like her. Pushy know-it-alls that think only they have the right answer to everything. So driven, so knowing, how can we survive without them, without their leadership? She's like the leader of some group that those outside the group hate and those inside the group barely tolerate. The head of the HOA or the PTA or the club president. Someone has to lead it but no one wants all the work so they let someone like Warren do it and hate her while she's doing it.

    You would have thought the dems (and Warren herself) would have figured it out with Hilly. People do not relate to people like this
    Sounds like a description of Trump to me

  9. #7839
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn New York
    Posts
    22,563
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    And the people in Texas ensured that their vote would be counted anyways. In 2016, there were 1.4M votes cast in the Democratic primary. This go around, there were just shy of 2M. That's still short of the 2.7M that voted in 2008 but still a very impressive showing.
    Thatís mainly because people arenít interested in policies or issues this time around, itís all about defeating Trump.

    Still, if somebody in Texas was told that they couldnít vote for 3 hours, I wouldnít hold it against them if they said **** it and walked away. The system is ****ed, the voting machines are old, and minorities are having their votes suppressed. Itís all a giant **** show.
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

  10. #7840
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    5,089
    Quote Originally Posted by FlakeyFool View Post
    Okay

    Ever since you went "all in" on Bernie, he's done terribly. Similar to when you went all in on Beto, and then buttigieg.
    I donít remember ever supporting Buttigieg. You must have me confused with someone else.
    "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.Ē

    -JFK


  11. #7841
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    20,863
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Lol take it down a notch. Like you said, youíre a guy on the internet. Your opinions are meaningless to me and if I choose not to vote, it sure as hell has nothing to do with you.

    Iíve already said, Iím voting in the primaries, probably not the general election. As a NYer - and you said it yourself, my state is going to vote blue anyways, my vote doesnít matter.

    Iíll find myself looking back at politics when the next progressive wave ends up running for president. Sorry but I refuse to vote for anyone who supported the Iraq war. ****, **** Obama and **** Biden. Iíve felt that way since they started bombing the hell out of Pakistan and started killing innocent civilians. Iíd much rather have the socialist who actually cares about my people and has endorsements/representatives to back up that claim.

    My vote in November is gonna come down to whether I want to vote for the guy who went along with drone striking Pakistani hospitals or I go along with the guy who tried to ban all Muslim people/doesnít care that China has Muslims in concentration camps/the guy who is kissing Modiís *** and doesnít care about the conflict in Kashmir.

    Either way, thereís no representation for my interests if the election so comes down to it. If anything, Iíd feel like a shill voting for anybody who has a history of doing my Ďpeopleí dirty.
    Fair enough - do you homie. That's what everyone should do.

    I do want to add one more caveat about the "pointing and laughing" point of yours from a previous post. I want to make very clear that I'm pointing and laughing at Sanders himself, who I loathe, and not his supporters, who I find largely annoying but would rather obviously (to me, anyway) never endorse being deprived of their Constitutional rights.

    Now with that said, that Obama ad is absolutely, beyond a single solitary doubt - beyond laughable. I'm going to continue pointing and laughing at that, and at Sanders for running it, and I have no reservations about doing so. That spot is a joke - jokes are meant to be laughed at.


  12. #7842
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    8,898
    Quote Originally Posted by turnaround3 View Post
    Oh man...I'm just gonna take one second here.

    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

    **** this ****ing guy. Truly could not be more deserving of every single thing that's befallen him these last 48 hours. Goodbye Bernie. Enjoy that lake house.
    Love it. Nothing like a good old-fashioned dose of schadenfreude.

  13. #7843
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    55,666
    Quote Originally Posted by turnaround3 View Post
    Fair enough - do you homie. That's what everyone should do.

    I do want to add one more caveat about the "pointing and laughing" point of yours from a previous post. I want to make very clear that I'm pointing and laughing at Sanders himself, who I loathe, and not his supporters, who I find largely annoying but would rather obviously (to me, anyway) never endorse being deprived of their Constitutional rights.

    Now with that said, that Obama ad is absolutely, beyond a single solitary doubt - beyond laughable. I'm going to continue pointing and laughing at that, and at Sanders for running it, and I have no reservations about doing so. That spot is a joke - jokes are meant to be laughed at.
    Why do you hate him so much?
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  14. #7844
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    20,863
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Why do you hate him so much?
    Again I really don't want to rehash all of this and go in circles as another poster pointed out, I've waxed poetic at length about this on here for sometime but for a cliff notes version, if necessary:

    I think the likelihood that Bernie Sanders would send our country into an economic tailspin the likes of which hasn't been seen in approaching a full century is far greater (purely for the sake of discussion, let's call it 10%) than the chance that he successfully implements a single solitary bit of anything he purportedly believes he is capable of accomplishing (as I've mentioned, I believe this chance to be 0%).

    That's the big one. There's a great deal more, ranging from his record as a useless Senator who as relentlessly pointed out by his peers, has accomplished next to nothing of substance in 14 years - to his time prior to politics as a useless burnout being evicted by a commune for general sloth - to his inability to find a single Marxist regime in the course of history that he won't bend over backwards to piece together a Youtube caliber highlight reel for. He has done essentially nothing, in his entire life, to better our democracy. He's worthless. But all that stuff remains secondary to perfectly plausible scenarios wherein he ushers into a second depression, all the while screaming about how it's actually the fault of everyone else that breadlines are a thing again.

    I know you don't think any of that is correct, and I don't need you to. You are welcome to your opinion. This is my opinion.


  15. #7845
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    20,863
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Love it. Nothing like a good old-fashioned dose of schadenfreude.
    I take a great deal of pleasure in the political misfortune of Bernie Sanders. Yes. Correct.

    Wish him the best health and human wise, hope he goes on to live a long and thriving life at his lake house or in whichever sphere keeps him from destroying the country in which I and the people I care about reside.

    But relishing his latest failure in this sphere? You bet.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •