Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 51 of 950 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151551 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    I like her as well, but maybe am being a pig here and think that she has no charisma.

But I would love for her to beat Trump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Actually agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    That needs to be corrected. Especially in midwest states.
    Huh...wonder if there is an issue particularly important to Midwest voters.

So Willard wants credit for an Op-Ed. Iím a bit tougher to convince than others. Letís see action. Introducing a bill to protect Mueller and guarantee the report canít be buried would be a fantastic start.

She needs to play up the grandma card. Make everything about how it will make things better for her grandkids and yours. Because itís just a fact that the elderly make up the most consistent voting block.
    then any controversial meetings she can say they were just talking about grandkids.

Elizabeth Warren has low chance. anyone running against her can just bring up how she said she was Native American and the DNA test that she released showed little evidence of that.

Į\_(ツ)_/Į

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

Special cares more about petty little insults rather than policy. Classic troll

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    then any controversial meetings she can say they were just talking about grandkids.

Elizabeth Warren has low chance. anyone running against her can just bring up how she said she was Native American and the DNA test that she released showed little evidence of that.
    Democrats don't give two ****s about things like that. Bernie should come out and do what he did against Hillary and say "no one cares about your damn DNA test".
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Warren lays out a good and well-articulated platform and Trump almost completely drowns that all out with his insults. The media will run with the insults over the policy 10 times out of 10. I think the insults are more instinct than strategy, but it's still pretty darn effective strategy. Drowning out the message and the platform is going to be MUCH more important this go around than 2016.

Warren did not handle the ancestry thing the right way at all, but I also don't think it matters at all. Either in the primary (Dems don't care) or the general (compared to Trump she's still Honest Abe...no "undecided" voter will care).

Also, Bernie is definitely going to run. All the signs are there. It will be interesting to see how he and Warren coexist. They both certainly can occupy the space at the same time. Although their platforms are going to look pretty similar, they appeal to two very different and clear populations within the Party. Mostly because of 2016.
    Last edited by ManRam; 01-02-2019 at 11:18 AM.
    HELLO

So long as you all get behind the eventual nominee, that's the important thing.
    Good politics...mauvaise foi (bad faith).

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bad_...xistentialism)

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Good politics...mauvaise foi (bad faith).

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bad_...xistentialism)
    Their silence is telling. Like the dems, theyíve weighed the options, and four more years of trump is their preference.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Wisconsin is generally really liberal when it comes to presidential races. If Madison/Milwaukee voters turn out thereís no chance for the GOP to win in the state.

So you could run pretty much any democratic candidate and they would get 40-45% of the vote just based on party.

Hillaryís problem is she didnít energize these voters in Milwaukee/Madison. Bernie did and thatís why he crushed her in the primary (56.6-43.1)

So, those voters stayed home while Trump went to rally after rally in WI and got enough of the rural working class voters to vote for him.

But when the Milwaukee/Madison voters are as energized as the midterms (as Walker knows) thereís no chance for the GOP to win in this state.

Hell, Wisconsin and Michigan donít even need to be energized. They just need a pulse, and theyíre Blue.

Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    Hell, Wisconsin and Michigan donít even need to be energized. They just need a pulse, and theyíre Blue.
    Yet both have elected rep governors and house members to allow them to gerrymander the **** out of both of them and even though dems won recently, they are still not in control.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    I like her as well, but maybe am being a pig here and think that she has no charisma.

But I would love for her to beat Trump.

I think she has kind of a folksy charisma to her. I don't think that will be her problem.
    "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.Ē

-JFK

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    I have not scrutinized this the way Capital & Main have, so take this for what itís worth: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...pital-and-main
    That's a good article, thanks.
    "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.Ē

-JFK

Quote Originally Posted by Walter_White View Post
    I think she has kind of a folksy charisma to her. I don't think that will be her problem.
    She is Azor Ahai.lol Letís hope she can continue to be the warrior of the left, without trump turning her into a screeching harpy to the rest of the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Wisconsin is generally really liberal when it comes to presidential races. If Madison/Milwaukee voters turn out thereís no chance for the GOP to win in the state.

So you could run pretty much any democratic candidate and they would get 40-45% of the vote just based on party.

Hillaryís problem is she didnít energize these voters in Milwaukee/Madison. Bernie did and thatís why he crushed her in the primary (56.6-43.1)

So, those voters stayed home while Trump went to rally after rally in WI and got enough of the rural working class voters to vote for him.

But when the Milwaukee/Madison voters are as energized as the midterms (as Walker knows) thereís no chance for the GOP to win in this state.

And the same thing happened in Detroit, and Minnesota (not as strong a win as it should have been), and PA and Ohio.

And I think Dems blew it big. Trump still goes back to these places for his rallies over and over. Seems like self aggrandizing ego move but it will still keep some support rolling.

Biden owned the rust belt so they think they can slam him through there and win, but I think itís too late for that.

Bernie can still do it and maybe Warren. But neither of them is going to carry FL and that will become a problem for Dems.