Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 295 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    Warren really is an idiot... only the left wouldn't call her out for cultural appropriation. Imagine someone on the right claiming to be a NA with that type of back up

fwiw… my genealogy is traced back to the 1500s and I have a pure Ethiopian ancestor. I guess I should figure out how to exploit that fact.
    The LEFT is doing just that. She was getting roasted yesterday.

But appropriation is not the right word. At all. She's not doing that really.

Libs are not. I don't quite know the right response to what she did, but it involves criticism of her as well as an understanding that Trump's behavior is incredibly wrong too.

A friendly reminder: Bernie went to stand with, support and protest with the Standing Rock protesters. Warren did not. And frankly, it's really hard to picture here doing that.
    Last edited by ManRam; 10-16-2018 at 10:28 AM.
    Hello there! Welcome to ManRam v8.00.
    Patch notes: This version is nice, funny, cool & good™ now

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Sorry but in regard to this, I follow the teachings of the "wise" Benjamin "Bengie" Shapiro... "facts don't care about your feelings". The fact of the matter is that she is part Native American. And of course, the Boston Globe has rightfully pointed out from reaching out to EACH (not just Harvard) of the law schools and her ancestry had nothing to do with her hiring.
    Funny how the right can't attack her on her policy stances

born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Warren really is an idiot... only the left wouldn't call her out for cultural appropriation. Imagine someone on the right claiming to be a NA with that type of back up

fwiw… my genealogy is traced back to the 1500s and I have a pure Ethiopian ancestor. I guess I should figure out how to exploit that fact.
    That's not cultural appropriation. Did you see her wearing a headdress?

What the right would say look, I did this because I wanted to game the system... look at how smart I am? And they wouldn't care. The left won't vote for them anyway.

To a certain extent you are right, in my mind she shouldn't double down, she should say that yes this is another example of things that white people do to game the system. That would be honest and morally correct. But ask yourself, does that work? The process of not admitting wrong and doubling down on your own mistakes works! Calling someone an idiot for doing what works in today's political climate is, in a word twinged with irony, idiotic.

Lastly, if this is the problem you have with Warren... then you need to reassess what you find important. I'm sure you can find some real reason to dislike her policy.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

Sorry but in regard to this, I follow the teachings of the "wise" Benjamin "Bengie" Shapiro... "facts don't care about your feelings". The fact of the matter is that she is part Native American. And of course, the Boston Globe has rightfully pointed out from reaching out to EACH (not just Harvard) of the law schools and her ancestry had nothing to do with her hiring.
    ummm … might want to look into what that DNA test actually purports … I find it interesting that there are no native American DNA samples to compare to hers... you do understand what he actually tested … right?

As for Warren... it has nothing to do with how Harvard evaluated her … it has everything to do with her character and how she "tried" to gain an advantage... you do understand that in almost every set aside program that any lineage beyond 1/16 is irrelevant and not considered... right?

are you saying she didn't know that?

More importantly, what was her purpose to pointing out her "lineage"? personal branding or personal gain?

Exploitation of a disenfranchised group?

what exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    The LEFT is doing just that. She was getting roasted yesterday.

But appropriation is not the right word. At all. She's not doing that really.

Libs are not. I don't quite know the right response to what she did, but it involves criticism of her as well as an understanding that Trump's behavior is incredibly wrong too.

A friendly reminder: Bernie went to stand with, support and protest with the Standing Rock protesters. Warren did not. And frankly, it's really hard to picture here doing that.
    https://theslot.jezebel.com/can-we-n...his-1829750798

Case in point.

Scott brown started this whole garbage btw.

ummm … might want to look into what that DNA test actually purports … I find it interesting that there are no native American DNA samples to compare to hers... you do understand what he actually tested … right?

As for Warren... it has nothing to do with how Harvard evaluated her … it has everything to do with her character and how she "tried" to gain an advantage... you do understand that in almost every set aside program that any lineage beyond 1/16 is irrelevant and not considered... right?

are you saying she didn't know that?

More importantly, what was her purpose to pointing out her "lineage"? personal branding or personal gain?

Exploitation of a disenfranchised group?

what exactly?
    I’ve not take a lineage test before but I’ve seen both my mother and grandmothers and know what they give you. They give you all sorts of interesting information including the percentage of DNA.

All the law schools she has worked for contradict the claim you’re making. They said they evaluated and voted overwhelmingly to hire her based on her work and saw her as a white woman.

Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    That's not cultural appropriation. Did you see her wearing a headdress?

What the right would say look, I did this because I wanted to game the system... look at how smart I am? And they wouldn't care. The left won't vote for them anyway.

To a certain extent you are right, in my mind she shouldn't double down, she should say that yes this is another example of things that white people do to game the system. That would be honest and morally correct. But ask yourself, does that work? The process of not admitting wrong and doubling down on your own mistakes works! Calling someone an idiot for doing what works in today's political climate is, in a word twinged with irony, idiotic.

Lastly, if this is the problem you have with Warren... then you need to reassess what you find important. I'm sure you can find some real reason to dislike her policy.
    she is appropriating their suffering in the most cynical way to benefit herself

In terms of Warren I think she has some good points in terms of policy but that tends to be lost in her hyperbolic approach to issues.

Wait a second.... Can we clarify what we are talking about? What benefits has Warren received for stating minority? She informed the law schools she worked for AFTER she was hired... this doesn't go back to her getting into school. So I must admit I was confused about this, I thought she somehow used it to get into school or get a job. Is there any evidence of that. And if this is just the law schools trying to sell it as diversity should we be ******** on Harvard instead of Warren?

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...-native-ameri/

In terms of Warren I think she has some good points in terms of policy but that tends to be lost in her hyperbolic approach to issues.
    Does it not bother you to keep saying that when the Boston Globe spoke to each law school she worked at and they directly contradicted the claim you continue to make?
    Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

What benefit did she receive. Please link cause I just went looking for it and couldn't find it. It sounds like something she mentioned AFTER being hired when the Law schools were looking to demonstrate they are diverse in faculty (they are not).

I’ve not take a lineage test before but I’ve seen both my mother and grandmothers and know what they give you. They give you all sorts of interesting information including the percentage of DNA.

All the law schools she has worked for contradict the claim you’re making. They said they evaluated and voted overwhelmingly to hire her based on her work and saw her as a white woman.
    what are you talking about in terms of law schools? I have never stated she got in or got preferential treatment even though that was her intent

and you missed the point on NA DNA...

Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    What benefit did she receive. Please link cause I just went looking for it and couldn't find it.
    sigh... I guess I should be clearer... she tried to benefit from it.

Does it not bother you to keep saying that when the Boston Globe spoke to each law school she worked at and they directly contradicted the claim you continue to make?
    what claim have I made? Your need to argue is blinding you to what I posted

Page 4 of 295 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast