Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 346 of 393 FirstFirst ... 246296336344345346347348356 ... LastLast
Results 5,176 to 5,190 of 5886
    Looks like our next Attorney General just dropped out of the race. Kind of a big deal!
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Looks like our next Attorney General just dropped out of the race. Kind of a big deal!
    He’s mercurial, for sure, but I really don’t think Trump would appoint her.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    That's rude. He said he'd vote for Gabbard over Trump, doesn't seem outrageous to me, the most conservative person I know said the same thing and I believe him. He looks at Trump as an prick who has made a lot of mistakes and is divisive and he likes what Gabbard has said.

I think there's a significant disconnect between Republicans supporting Trump because he's the President and ran as a Republican and Republicans LIKING or AGREEING with Trump fundamentally. Democrats are under constant pressure to move further left which just leaves moderates out ... those moderates (and some not so moderate) on both sides liking a moderate candidate is not that crazy.
    More accurate than rude. I'd refer you to the impeachment thread. He'll come around to Donald.

That's rude. He said he'd vote for Gabbard over Trump, doesn't seem outrageous to me, the most conservative person I know said the same thing and I believe him. He looks at Trump as an prick who has made a lot of mistakes and is divisive and he likes what Gabbard has said.

I think there's a significant disconnect between Republicans supporting Trump because he's the President and ran as a Republican and Republicans LIKING or AGREEING with Trump fundamentally. Democrats are under constant pressure to move further left which just leaves moderates out ... those moderates (and some not so moderate) on both sides liking a moderate candidate is not that crazy.
    Sorry but anyone saying they will vote for Gabbard if she wins the nomination (thank goodness that won't happen) is lying to you. Or perhaps they are more accurately lying to themselves.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Hillary was more moderate, the issue and reason the left is swinging so far is there isn't a moderate group to attract anymore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buttigieg ruins yet another black cop's career. Hate to see it.
    Hello there! Welcome to ManRam v8.00.
    Patch notes: This version is nice, funny, cool & good™ now

Sorry but anyone saying they will vote for Gabbard if she wins the nomination (thank goodness that won't happen) is lying to you. Or perhaps they are more accurately lying to themselves.
    That seems really arrogant of you. What you are saying there is that all of the polling data that has Gabbard above 0, that all of those people are lying to themselves or to the polling agents. That seems a very extreme position by you.

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Hillary was more moderate, the issue and reason the left is swinging so far is there isn't a moderate group to attract anymore
    Hillary had other issues.

Here's the question ... if you are a moderate who is your candidate at the moment?

That seems really arrogant of you. What you are saying there is that all of the polling data that has Gabbard above 0, that all of those people are lying to themselves or to the polling agents. That seems a very extreme position by you.
    ...and...I don't really care if it's arrogant. It's true. Whoever says they would vote for Gabbard over Trump is lying.
    _____

I think hashing out clear definitions of "moderate/centrist", "progressive", "leftist", etc. is a good first step. Otherwise a lot of the issues we're gonna have are semantics.

I think "moderates" have lots of options.

Maybe I'm cynical but Biden isn't really trying at all to be a "progressive". I think he's trying to be the anti-progressive. Hillary at least appeared to be one at times, and while her platform might not be as "progressive", it might have felt like it at the time.

Klobuchar is undeniably a "moderate", in my eyes. Bloomberg is definitely a centrist.

Deval Patrick got into the race certainly because he's a "moderate" alternative.

Yang, Bennett, Delaney and Buttigieg aren't at what I'd call "progressives". Maybe there's a word between that and "moderate", but I'm comfortable with the latter.

Booker, Castro, Warren, Sanders and Gabbard/Williamson (the trickiest to define for me, not really archetypes of anything) are the ones I'd say are least "moderate". Everyone else, well, the label works for me personally.
    Last edited by ManRam; 12-03-2019 at 04:36 PM.

...and...I don't really care if it's arrogant. It's true. Whoever says they would vote for Gabbard over Trump is lying.
    That's just ... amazing.

Look at all those liars!

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...atic/national/

We've all made thousands of posts in this forum painting a pretty clear tapestry of who we are politically. I think we know each other pretty well.

Maybe he would vote for Tulsi, maybe he wouldn't. We'll never know. I think it's pretty clear myself, but him giving a clear-throated argument and explanation certainly wouldn't hurt...considering he's one of the 4-5 most ardent Trump supporters in this forum.

That's just ... amazing.

Look at all those liars!

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...atic/national/
    What exactly does that prove?
    _____

Quote Originally Posted by Bramaca View Post
    I wasn’t trying to counter what Biden said or did. Just showing that Trump was and is equally as creepy and as moronic as him which you said wasn’t the case. Neither of them should be anywhere near public office imo.
    I don't think Trump is a moron, creepy at times sure. I know Trump has said stupid things, but he has to be smart enough to have the accomplishments that he has had as President. things that Trump has done aren't just luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Either care about all of it like a decent human being or shut the **** up and stop selective outrage based on whether it serves your political purposes.

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome
    the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

Hillary had other issues.

Here's the question ... if you are a moderate who is your candidate at the moment?
    Biden

Having other issues is common for candidates across the spectrum but up until more recently the party establishment has been very moderate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk