Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 314 of 1203 FirstFirst ... 214264304312313314315316324364414814 ... LastLast
Results 4,696 to 4,710 of 18044
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Well I found the thing that might get me to support Biden when he is anointed the Dem candidate:

https://twitter.com/jordanuhl/status...328187905?s=21

If someone is just now to the point where they will support whomever wins the primary, with exceptions for if Marianne Williamson or Tulsi Gabbard win, then there isn't much hope for the country. A person whom I agree with 60-70% of the time is undoubtedly better than someone who is Trump. People who want to be felated by the candidate before they will vote for them are as bad as MAGA****s.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Quote Originally Posted by DeW-Star View Post
    Just because he owns the Republican Party
    The GOP is going along with him because he's been winning enough, but most of them don't like him or agree with him. As soon as he loses they will be done with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    The GOP is going along with him because he's been winning enough, but most of them don't like him or agree with him. As soon as he loses they will be done with him.
    He controls the base. They ask how high when he says to jump. And the GOP politicians can't even make it to a general election without his support. The 95% that he brags about might actually be an understatement. The cult is strong with him!
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

The majority of actual politicians, absolutely.

But they are completely hamstrung by the sway he has over the base and they are okay with it because he still delivers them judges, deregulation and tax cuts for the rich.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yankees Farm System

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    If someone is just now to the point where they will support whomever wins the primary, with exceptions for if Marianne Williamson or Tulsi Gabbard win, then there isn't much hope for the country. A person whom I agree with 60-70% of the time is undoubtedly better than someone who is Trump. People who want to be felated by the candidate before they will vote for them are as bad as MAGA****s.
    Lesser of evils is still evil and I donít live in a swing state, so it takes a lot. And he likely wonít have my vote but heíll have my support.

They are a principled bunch.

Lesser of evils is still evil and I donít live in a swing state, so it takes a lot. And he likely wonít have my vote but heíll have my support.

You have a whole primary to get the candidate that you want. You have three choices: vote for the lesser of two evils, vote for the greater of two evils, or bury your head in the sand and pretend like there was nothing you could have done to prevent the greater of two evils wins.
    _____

The founders gave us a tool that doesnít rely on the people to remove a president from power if their abuses of power are so egregious. Oh and you can take the ďlet the people decideĒ somewhere else. I wonít listen to it from someone who supports the Electoral College. The people decided and Hillary won in 2016. The land that gets far more voting power than people do chose Trump.

Nah short for pedophile. Ped0.
    Hilary won in '16?

If only everyone had the exact same political ideologies as you, this country would be fixed overnight.

So is Williamson a "Russian asset" as well or what?

You have a whole primary to get the candidate that you want. You have three choices: vote for the lesser of two evils, vote for the greater of two evils, or bury your head in the sand and pretend like there was nothing you could have done to prevent the greater of two evils wins.
    Iím taking about the general election. And if there is a third option who best represents my values I will gladly vote for them. If not, then I may default to the Dem over not voting at all.

Not really important but I'm catching up on a few days' worth of news here and I just stumbled across Nancy Pelosi, in an attempt to take a swipe at Sanders, call herself "left wing".

Also, I don't know if I can handle the "lesser of two evils" arguments all over again. Hopefully Dem voters get it right this time and we don't have to worry about that.
    HELLO

Iím taking about the general election. And if there is a third option who best represents my values I will gladly vote for them. If not, then I may default to the Dem over not voting at all.

And people wonder why we got Trump...some people learned (me) and others didn't. I guess it's nice to have your nose held high. Makes it harder to smell the children who are stuck like sardines in a cage because the country elected the guy who told ICE to go out there and round'em up.
    _____

Ugh this is why Liberals lose. You have a binary system with a token 3rd possibility and liberals are talking about voting for the 3rd party candidate because of values or voting on principles or something. Evangelicals rationalize supporting for Trump by creating a myth that he's a religious King Cyrus figure. Ask some swing vote Trump supporters and they don't have to like Trump's values, they'll vote because of one issue, usually jobs. Liberals won't vote Democrat, they'll consider or even vote for the inevitable loser 3rd party candidate, and then spend the next four years complaining about Trump when he barely wins again.

Here's an idea, does Trump represent your values? If the answer is no, then does any of the Democratic candidates represent even a couple of your values? Ok then it should be pretty easy who to vote for.

But liberals love losing... and that's their right.

The Lost Boys of PSD

And people wonder why we got Trump...some people learned (me) and others didn't. I guess it's nice to have your nose held high. Makes it harder to smell the children who are stuck like sardines in a cage because the country elected the guy who told ICE to go out there and round'em up.
    Speaking of noses held high....

Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    Ugh this is why Liberals lose. You have a binary system with a token 3rd possibility and liberals are talking about voting for the 3rd party candidate because of values or voting on principles or something. Evangelicals rationalize supporting for Trump by creating a myth that he's a religious King Cyrus figure. Ask some swing vote Trump supporters and they don't have to like Trump's values, they'll vote because of one issue, usually jobs. Liberals won't vote Democrat, they'll consider or even vote for the inevitable loser 3rd party candidate, and then spend the next four years complaining about Trump when he barely wins again.

Here's an idea, does Trump represent your values? If the answer is no, then does any of the Democratic candidates represent even a couple of your values? Ok then it should be pretty easy who to vote for.

But liberals love losing... and that's their right.
    I think you're right about how many more people on the left have this "problem" than those on the right. A lot of very smart people struggle with this. I think it's what happens when people actually are principled and truly believe in their political worldview. That's what happens when the party isn't just full of smooth-brained reactionaries!

I wouldn't suggest, however, that it is THE reason Liberals lose. But we don't need to get into that.

But I agree with you, especially that simple second paragraph. It's always been pretty straightforward to me. I'll gladly run to vote for a lesser of two evils. I did for Hillary, I'll do it for Biden. I think both are bad politicians whose brands of politics are bad for this country, but Trump's on the ballot Come on.

Privilege plays a role in this. Trump's policies don't affect me nearly as much as they affect others. A Democratic candidate that represents "even a couple" of my values could make a difference for a countless amount of people, even if the whole picture isn't great. A "lesser of two evils" still is going to do a lot more good (or maybe just a lot less bad) for a lot of people. That still matters. It might not matter to me, or you, or dbroncs or GGGGG...but it matters to a lot of others. My vote in PA "counts", so maybe that's why I'm on this side of the argument (and was very clearly in 2016), but yeah.
    HELLO