Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 355 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    It’s already running. Weeks ago Avenatti was at events in Iowa. Booker and Harris doing the same last week. Bloomberg changing parties again.

The Dems might have to run Oprah. I’m not sure I’m even kidding anymore. Just embrace who we are now:

Republicans are the brash, ignorant, suppressed sexist and racist white male, focused more on money and personal property than what’s best for the masses and convinced that corporations are the ones who need help over the working class and it’ll trickle down, which can best be represented by Donald ****ing Trump.

Democrats have great heart warming intentions that are lost in hyperbole and hysterics, that spins into a tornado of emotion with no clear direction, message or strategy but spoken loudly in commanding tones that have no real meaning anymore, which is why Oprah is the ideal face of the party.

We ****ed. Unless there’s a third bipartisan ticket, we are so ****ed.
    Avenetti getting the nomination would be a perfect illustration of why I'm not a Democrat lol

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I keep hearing this but I don't actually know why. I know he's hated by conservatives. He represented Stormy Daniels and proved that she did have sex with Trump, so I get why he hates him because he denied it and was proven wrong.

Regardless of all that, I don't know why he is getting attention as a candidate. I don't see any qualities in him that would make him a good one.
    The Democrats are soft, they sacrifice the truth in order not to offend anyone, he isn't afraid to speak his mind.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I don’t care if it’s voter shaming. They should be ashamed. Their stupidity handed the Republicans a seat they shouldn’t have won despite it being an easy win. If Bernie runs as a third party, then are you ready to go to Washington to watch Trump be sworn into office again?
    Again, incorrect. How is this hard for you to understand? If bernie ran 3rd party and people vote for him, that means they prefer him over the dem and trump. Nobody deserves your vote. Its called a democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by FlakeyFool View Post
    Again, incorrect. How is this hard for you to understand? If bernie ran 3rd party and people vote for him, that means they prefer him over the dem and trump. Nobody deserves your vote. Its called a democracy.
    Bernie would have been a great VP for Hillary, big mistake on her part by not choosing him, lots of his supports went with Trump. The way Kaine tried to attack Pence during their debate, just made him look like an a-hole.

Quote Originally Posted by kevin13697 View Post
    The Democrats are soft, they sacrifice the truth in order not to offend anyone, he isn't afraid to speak his mind.
    So he’s like Trump but a democrat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    So he’s like Trump but a democrat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He's someone whose not afraid to roll up his sleeves and fight for you, that was Trump's appeal. This time around Trump will be on the defense, he'll be accused of working for wealthy elites and special interest groups rather than the common man.
    I've noticed that people don't seem to care about Trump's bankruptcies, if anything it helps promote him, shows struggle and the will to overcome.
    Last edited by kevin13697; 10-15-2018 at 07:44 PM.

Avenatti is a joke. He just represented one of the metoo Kavanaugh victims and she was so full of **** the democrats didn't believe her. His stock couldn't be any worse.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    Avenatti is a joke. He just represented one of the metoo Kavanaugh victims and she was so full of **** the democrats didn't believe her. His stock couldn't be any worse.
    Well, it is now. Looks like he'll be paying for Trump's legal fees relating to the Daniels lawsuit.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I don’t care if it’s voter shaming. They should be ashamed. Their stupidity handed the Republicans a seat they shouldn’t have won despite it being an easy win. If Bernie runs as a third party, then are you ready to go to Washington to watch Trump be sworn into office again?
    There are a lot of incidences where you can make that argument but that wasn't one of them. Of course, if we did ranked choice voting we wouldn't ever have to talk about this again.
    "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.”

-JFK

Also no one gives a **** about Warren's ancestry except right wing bigots like Brewer and Trump
    "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.”

-JFK

Elizabeth Warren punked Trump? sorry no.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter_White View Post
    Also no one gives a **** about Warren's ancestry except right wing bigots like Brewer and Trump

wrong. obviously Elizabeth Warren cares or she would not have taken the test, and released the results.
    the only people saying they don't care now are those upset/frustrated that the results were so low they don't support what she has claimed for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Sofnr View Post
    Um, Trump offered 1 million dollars for her to take a DNA test proving she had native american ancestry. Elizabeth Warren took a DNA test that proves she has native american ancestry. Then Trump claimed he never said what he said, and "who cares". It's certainly no surprise for him to come off as a liar and an idiot, it happens daily, but still entertaining.
    not really.
    look at exactly what Trump said.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/10/15/eliz...ty-pledge.html

Trump said at the rally. "And we will say, 'I will give you a million dollars to your favorite charity, paid for by Trump, if you take the test and it shows you're an Indian.'"
    EW released the results and it shows the % is not enough to qualify as Indian.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...rican-ancestry

The Boston Globe issued a correction to its big scoop about Sen. Elizabeth Warren’s possible Native American ancestry, showing that their math was off.

The correction note, appearing now at the bottom of the report, reveals that the ancestry percentage of a potential 10th generation relative is actually even lower than originally stated.

The Globe initially reported that Warren has “strong evidence” of Native American heritage, stemming from six to 10 generations back, which would make her at minimum 1/512th (or .19 percent) Native American.

However, the Globe acknowledged that the number actually doesn't even reach the tenths place without rounding up.

“Correction: Due to a math error, a story about Elizabeth Warren misstated the ancestry percentage of a potential 10th generation relative. It should be 1/1,024,” the Globe said in its correction. That would put the percentage at .097.

To put this into perspective, the Republican National Committee shared a link to a 2014 New York Times article which discussed how the largest genetic profile study published at the time found in that European-Americans had genomes that on average held .18 percent Native American ancestry.

At the other end of the range (the end showing the highest likelihood of Native American ancestry), the Globe report said Warren would be 1/32nd American Indian if her great-great-great-grandmother was Native American, but for the sixth generation that figure should be 1/64th. A second correction followed hours later.

Altogether, this would alter the originally stated percentage range from 1/512 - 1/32 to 1/1024 - 1/64.

Warren shared her DNA test results Sunday with the newspaper after pressure to prove her claims that she is Native American. President Trump often mocks Warren, calling her “Pocahontas.”

The Democratic senator from Massachusetts says the positive test results means that Trump has to carry out his promise to donate $1 million to a charity of her choosing.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/pol...SVO/story.html

Correction: Due to a math error, a story about Elizabeth Warren misstated the ancestry percentage of a potential 6th to 10th generation relative. The generational range based on the ancestor that the report identified suggests she’s between 1/64th and 1/1,024th Native American.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...ropriate-wrong

Cherokee Nation: Warren's use of DNA test 'inappropriate,' 'wrong'
    The Cherokee Nation on Monday afternoon called out Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) for attempting to claim Native American heritage by releasing the results of a DNA test.

The test, conducted by a Stanford University professor Carlos Bustamante, showed that Warren has a Native American ancestor going back six to 10 generations ago, making her somewhere between 1/32nd and 1/1,024th American Indian.

The Cherokee Nation in a statement said using a DNA test to claim connection with a tribal nation is “inappropriate” and “wrong.”

“Using a DNA test to lay claim to any connection to the Cherokee Nation or any tribal nation, even vaguely, is inappropriate and wrong,” said Cherokee Nation Secretary of State Chuck Hoskin Jr. “It makes a mockery out of DNA tests and its legitimate uses while also dishonoring legitimate tribal governments and their citizens, whose ancestors are well documented and whose heritage is proven.”

Hoskin accused Warren of “undermining tribal interests with her continued claims of tribal heritage.”

He argued that DNA tests fail to distinguish whether a person’s ancestors were indigenous to North or South America and noted that tribes set their own legal requirements for citizenship.

Warren claims to have Cherokee blood. The Cherokee Nation requires a person to have at least one ancestor listed on a federal census used to allot Cherokee land in the early 1900s known as the Dawes Final Rolls.

Unlike other tribes, the Cherokee Nation does not require a minimum blood quantum for citizenship.

Some advocates of Native American sovereignty argue that DNA testing is unreliable and point out that a DNA testing company in 2017 found that a pet Chihuahua had 20 percent indigenous ancestry.

Warren on Monday drew criticism from other indigenous activists.

“No native tribe acknowledges DNA testing as a source for citizenship or even claim to native heritage,” said Rebecca Nagle, an indigenous writer, organizer and citizen of the Cherokee Nation.

“She comes from a well-documented line of white people and so there is ample evidence that all of her ancestors are documented white people on the census rolls, by their marriage and birth and death certificates since going back before the Trail of Tears,” she added, referring to the forced migration of Native Americans to west of the Mississippi in the 1830s.

Nagle said many people who are non-Native have family stories about American Indian heritage “and the overwhelming amount of those stories are false and not based in identity but rather are based in a white entitlement to appropriate native land, native culture and native identity.”

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...rican-average/

Elizabeth Warren may be less Native American than average U.S. white person

DNA test shows Native ancestry ranges from 0.09 to 1.5 percent; European Americans average 0.18 percent
    Sen. Elizabeth Warren’s newly released DNA results show that the Democrat’s Native American ancestry is roughly the same as that of the average white American, and may be less.

A 2014 study by Harvard University and 23andMe found that European Americans tested overall for 0.18 percent Native American ancestry, while Ms. Warren’s results show she has anywhere from 0.09 percent to 1.5 percent.

“This means that the DNA test shows that Warren is actually LESS NATIVE AMERICAN than the average American of European ancestry,” said Cornell Law School professor William A. Jacobson on his right-tilting Legal Insurrection blog.

The 2014 study was tweeted by the Republican National Committee’s Michael Ahrens shortly after the Boston Globe ran an exclusive story Monday revealing Ms. Warren’s DNA results.

Ms. Warren released her DNA results and an analysis by Stanford geneticist Carlos Bustamante, who told the Boston Globe that “the results strongly support he evidence of an unadmixed Native American ancestor” dating back six to 10 generations.

At the same time, the article noted that genetic data from Native Americans is sparse, and that Mr. Bustamante filled in with samples from Mexico, Peru and Colombia.

The 2014 report, which appeared in the American Journal of Human Genetics, involved DNA testing of 160,000 people and was billed as “the largest study of its kind so far.”

The European American genome was found to be “much different” than that of African Americans and Latinos, with “European American genomes being 98.6 percent European, 0.19 percent African and 0.18 percent Native American,” according to a 2015 article by the Genetic Literacy Project.

“In general, the numbers seem to agree with what one would expect given the history of American colonization by Europeans and their interactions with African and Native Americans,” said the article.

Ms. Warren’s unproven claims of Cherokee ancestry while teaching law at Harvard and the University of Pennsylvania have dogged her potential 2020 presidential bid, with President Trump mocking her as “Pocahontas.”

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Either care about all of it like a decent human being or shut the **** up and stop selective outrage based on whether it serves your political purposes.

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome
    the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

We'll see, but so far this isn't helping Warren. She bit on Trump's silly nonsense and might come out looking slightly worse. It's amazing how effective, well...Trump's silly nonsense is.

Even so, it's not like DNA results, even if they were more impressive, would convince anyone enthusiastic about the "Pocahontas" smears otherwise.

Hello there! Welcome to ManRam v8.00.
    Patch notes: This version is nice, funny, cool & good™ now

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    We'll see, but so far this isn't helping Warren. She bit on Trump's silly nonsense and might come out looking slightly worse. It's amazing how effective, well...Trump's silly nonsense is.

Even so, it's not like DNA results, even if they were more impressive, would convince anyone enthusiastic about the "Pocahontas" smears otherwise.

It's amazing how there is no consequence for the guy who asks stupid ****ing questions. Trump questions Obama's citizenship in a clearly racist birther bull**** and he is rewarded by being allowed to be president. He asks more racist **** of Elizabeth Warren when her being part Native American has been confirmed as not being why she got hired at any job or law school and he is rewarded. Even after both times, it is proven to be blatant stupidity on Trump's part. That is exactly why unless the corpse of Adolph Hitler is reanimated, I plan to vote for Trump's main opponent (Democrat) in 2020 and wholly against him on the ballot. So it's straight Democrat for me.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Warren really is an idiot... only the left wouldn't call her out for cultural appropriation. Imagine someone on the right claiming to be a NA with that type of back up

fwiw… my genealogy is traced back to the 1500s and I have a pure Ethiopian ancestor. I guess I should figure out how to exploit that fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    Warren really is an idiot... only the left wouldn't call her out for cultural appropriation. Imagine someone on the right claiming to be a NA with that type of back up

fwiw… my genealogy is traced back to the 1500s and I have a pure Ethiopian ancestor. I guess I should figure out how to exploit that fact.
    Sorry but in regard to this, I follow the teachings of the "wise" Benjamin "Bengie" Shapiro... "facts don't care about your feelings". The fact of the matter is that she is part Native American. And of course, the Boston Globe has rightfully pointed out from reaching out to EACH (not just Harvard) of the law schools and her ancestry had nothing to do with her hiring.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Page 3 of 355 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast