The scary part is who's still there.

Theyre all ugly except the gay guy.

54 Deep Into the Night

Quote Originally Posted by marychristine View Post
    Theyre all ugly except the gay guy.

54 Deep Into the Night
    Julian Castro is a WEIRD looking dude.

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Not only Europe and us, but right-wings leaders are also springing up all over the place. Bosonaro in Brazil and his deforestation policies, Pangulo in the Philippines, Erdogan in Turkey, who has and is giving our national leaders and NATO fits Even China leader is becoming more right-wing in his consolidation of power.

If I am not mistaken both German and France main parties have beaten back right-wing opposition in their last election. Russia have been backing many right-wing groups across Europe. Greece is seeing the rise of neo-nazi, The Golden Dawn. Which I find amazing considering their grandparent fought the german nazi occupation.

I saw that split between republican fractions out the side of my eyes, but I didn't know it was starting to be problematic. I have not seen this mentioned in mainstream or progressive outlets. Is it similar to the in-fighting between the progressive and wall-democrat that is occurring now within the democrat party?
    France beat Marie LePenn last time, but she hasn't gone away, and the guy who beat her is SUPER unpopular and unlikely to win reelection.
    Everyone in the country is pissed. Remember the Paris protests? It wasn't just one side, it was everyone.
    In Germany the AdF made big gains in the last election.
    https://edition.cnn.com/2019/09/02/e...ntl/index.html

Xi is consolidating more power, but I'm not sure if he's doing it in a RW way.

It's not nearly as bad or as public as the split going on withing the left. In many ways, Trump is holding the party together, that 90% in party approval isn't meaningless.

I'm not surprise this hasn't been covered much in Progressive or Mainstream press, though I think the New Yorker and Vox did cover it.
    https://www.vox.com/2019/6/5/1863739...tarians-divide

But yeah, one of the hubris's that hurts progressives is that they DON'T pay attention to the Right, or do so only enough to castigate them all as bigots and monsters, this doesn't exist on the right and least not so much. Jonathon Chait in his research found that those on the left are significantly worse explaining the view points of those on the right, and the further left you go the worse people get at it.
    So I'm really not surprised your not hearing about this.

Another question going around in political circles (all sides) is what will the GOP look like after Trump is done. Some people think it'll just look like the Pre-Trump GOP and that's a safe bet, though I don't know if it's accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post

But yeah, one of the hubris's that hurts progressives is that they DON'T pay attention to the Right, or do so only enough to castigate them all as bigots and monsters, this doesn't exist on the right and least not so much. Jonathon Chait in his research found that those on the left are significantly worse explaining the view points of those on the right, and the further left you go the worse people get at it.
    So I'm really not surprised your not hearing about this.

Another question going around in political circles (all sides) is what will the GOP look like after Trump is done. Some people think it'll just look like the Pre-Trump GOP and that's a safe bet, though I don't know if it's accurate.
    I think that ignorances go both ways. Republicans think that minorities think all one way and its effect their political strategy. Totally ignoring that there are conservative, ultra-religious folks on that side of the fence, who would vote for them if only they didn't clutch so tightly to white identity politic and use them as attack dummy.

They have found no strategy to attract the younger crowd to their banner, something the progressives are quite good at.

As for understanding the republican party, why should they? They are a dying party if this youth trend to the left continues. Right now, the die-hard base seems to be angry old men, religious zealots, and the big business interest. I see them fragmenting with one piece being violent right-wing extremists.

It is more important for the republican party to figure out how to win the heart and minds of the young people and be more accepting of diverse voices and viewpoint if they are going to be successful in the future.

I have no love for the republican party and hope they ride that Trump train over the cliff. If the democrats are smart (which is often questionable) they push a candidate that excites the base as well attract new younger voters. Old wrong way Joe Biden isn't going to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    It’s just not a coincidence anymore. Who’s missing here hmmmm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I know it’s MSNBC so the bar is low, but this is absolutely shameful.

Yankees Farm System

PLEASE NOMINATE BIDEN

https://twitter.com/andrewhclark/sta...193755648?s=21

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    PLEASE NOMINATE BIDEN

https://twitter.com/andrewhclark/sta...193755648?s=21

I'm not a Biden fan at all, but you got the whole interview? Instead of one that cut's off before he finishes his thought and is posted by some team trump lackey?
    Yankees Farm System

I think that ignorances go both ways. Republicans think that minorities think all one way and its effect their political strategy. Totally ignoring that there are conservative, ultra-religious folks on that side of the fence, who would vote for them if only they didn't clutch so tightly to white identity politic and use them as attack dummy.

They have found no strategy to attract the younger crowd to their banner, something the progressives are quite good at.

As for understanding the republican party, why should they? They are a dying party if this youth trend to the left continues. Right now, the die-hard base seems to be angry old men, religious zealots, and the big business interest. I see them fragmenting with one piece being violent right-wing extremists.

It is more important for the republican party to figure out how to win the heart and minds of the young people and be more accepting of diverse voices and viewpoint if they are going to be successful in the future.
    This is exactly the hubris I'm talking about, young people tend to be more liberal and get more conservative as they age, so if the conservative party is "dying or aging out" why hasn't it happened already? Also, Gen Z is set to be the most conservative generation in decades.
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/ashleys.../#17fdce3a7878
    But your basically saying why should I bother understanding my opponent to beat him if I can just pull out some tired troupes and call him a bigot?
    Geeeez IDK why not.
    Especially with the increasing amount of Asian immigrants. And if those (8 million and Counting) Venezuelans that have been chased out of their country wind up here, holy ****, talk about a whole new Cuban diaspora.

This is exactly the hubris I'm talking about, young people tend to be more liberal and get more conservative as they age, so if the conservative party is "dying or aging out" why hasn't it happened already? Also, Gen Z is set to be the most conservative generation in decades.
    But your basically saying why should I bother understanding my opponent to beat him if I can just pull out some tired troupes and call him a bigot?
    Geeeez IDK why not.
    Especially with the increasing amount of Asian immigrants. And if those (8 million and Counting) Venezuelans that have been chased out of their country wind up here, holy ****, talk about a whole new Cuban diaspora.
    Are you so certain about that?

https://www.pewsocialtrends.org/2019...itical-issues/
    Yankees Farm System

Geeeez IDK why not.
    No, that is some internal conversation you are having with yourself. What I am seeing

the republicans have lost the house,

numerous republican members in congress are not seeking re-election,

not seeing a energize counter to the progressive on the republican side,

And what I do see active are groups like the Proud Boys and Candace Owens, who are funded by republican donors much like the tea party

Since the country is going to be a nation of minorities with no clear majority. An all-white, with the average age being in their forty and up party, isn't going to be a major force in political America in forty or fifties years.

Since Trump is keeping out those future immigrants you are banking on, I don't see that group helping the republican causes or any causes, because they won't be here thanks to Trump and the Republican policies locking them out.

Two major protests, the woman march during the first week of Trump administration and the youth march for the environment this past week were not republican friendly. And saying that doesn't matter showing once again poor republican strategery.

The polls shows that a majority of Americans are for things that the republican are against like legalize pot. The republicans leaderships are stupidly fighting these trends. Y'all are just creating more hostility towards y'all party

What is it I need to understand beyond the trends I am seeing?

Lately, they have been holding on to power, in some states , by relying on voter suppression and gerrymandering. The last two republicans presidential wins needed the electoral college help since they lost the popular vote.

If the "young people start out liberal and end up conservative" bs was true, when do you think that is going to kick in? during the next election cycle, four or six years down the road?
    Last edited by WES445; 09-23-2019 at 10:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    Sure, the average voter in this country doesn't know squat, they mostly sound like you. But the people who follow politics that support him basically all support Brexit, are against the big overbearing EU, think mass immigration without a plan is reckless, see free speech being chipped away by arrogant lefties, etc...
    Thankfully the forces of little r republican government prevented Brexit. The people were duped with grandiose notions fueled by massive disinformation campaigns akin to what we had in the US.

No, that is some internal conversation you are having with yourself. What I am seeing

the republicans have lost the house,

numerous republican members in congress are not seeking re-election,

not seeing a energize counter to the progressive on the republican side,

And what I do see active are groups like the Proud Boys and Candace Owens, who are funded by republican donors much like the tea party

Since the country is going to be a nation of minorities with no clear majority. An all-white, with the average age being in their forty and up party, isn't going to be a major force in political America in forty or fifties years.

Since Trump is keeping out those future immigrants you are banking on, I don't see that group helping the republican causes or any causes, because they won't be here thanks to Trump and the Republican policies locking them out.

Two major protests, the woman march during the first week of Trump administration and the youth march for the environment this past week were not republican friendly. And saying that doesn't matter showing once again poor republican strategery.

The polls shows that a majority of Americans are for things that the republican are against like legalize pot. The republicans leaderships are stupidly fighting these trends. Y'all are just creating more hostility towards y'all party

What is it I need to understand beyond the trends I am seeing?

Lately, they have been holding on to power, in some states , by relying on voter suppression and gerrymandering. The last two republicans presidential wins needed the electoral college help since they lost the popular vote.

If the "young people start out liberal and end up conservative" bs was true, when do you think that is going to kick in? during the next election cycle, four or six years down the road?
    It's pretty standard for the ruling party to lose the house in the first non-presidential election. Look at how the house flipped in 2010.

That doesn't mean anything, it's only a problem if they don't get replaced by other republicans.

That's because your not looking for it.
    https://news.yahoo.com/2020-vision-w...131034820.html
    Overall, Team Trump has raised $204 million to date for 2020, which is more than every Democrat combined.

That's more of a "as time goes on" type of thing. If you look back through history most young people are pretty liberal. So why hasn't the conservative movement died out yet? Think about how liberal the hippie generation was, that was 50 years ago. Why are there still conservatives today.

Well, Bush won both the popular vote and EC vote in 2004, (however, he nearly lost the EC vote in 2004 as well. Which would have been hilariously ironic)
    Trump will probably win both especially without a recession and if he faces Biden.

It's pretty standard for the ruling party to lose the house in the first non-presidential election. Look at how the house flipped in 2010.

That doesn't mean anything, it's only a problem if they don't get replaced by other republicans.

That's because your not looking for it.
    https://news.yahoo.com/2020-vision-w...131034820.html

That's more of a "as time goes on" type of thing. If you look back through history most young people are pretty liberal. So why hasn't the conservative movement died out yet? Think about how liberal the hippie generation was, that was 50 years ago. Why are there still conservatives today.

Well, Bush won both the popular vote and EC vote in 2004, (however, he nearly lost the EC vote in 2004 as well. Which would have been hilariously ironic)
    Trump will probably win both especially without a recession and if he faces Biden.
    You are looking at the things as if they were singular events as if they were isolated things with no connection to each other. I am stating all these things together isn't a good thing. The sums is more dangerous to the republican party then their individual parts. Dude, parties have died or morphed over into something different in our history before.

Another thing, the movement from being liberal to conservative isn't aging process. What, one reflects maturity and the others don't? MLK died a liberal, both Kennedy brothers died a liberal. What? these guys weren't mature. That why I call b.s on that fable. Stories republican tell themselves over a cold beer. What changes one over to conservatism is upper mobility. Charlie Barkley and Jordan both said they became republicans when they made tons of money. The republican party protects their money, while liberal tax their money. It is plain and simple as that. I know a lot older dudes in my time that work 9-5 , meat and potato jobs who remain as militant in their old age as they were in their younger days. Give the shirt off their back type dudes and as mature as hell. You use to see this with old union guys who didn't like the culture of their money-grubbing CEO.

These kids, nowadays, don't have the upper mobility that their parents had or the idea that they will stay on one job all their lives as their parents did. They have economical instability in the sense that can't take hits to their wallets and can lose their jobs to no fault of their own. Business down-sizing, going out of business, the company is going in another direction or just going to China. How many are saddle with debt the moment they get out of school? We are raising a generation that will know nothing but debt. A Debtor society. Do you see that generation buying into republicans, big business, tickle down economy? They aren't going to church, so they won't buy into repressive religious dogma being merged into politic and these guys see the dangers of climate change and racial disharmony better than the old farts in the republic party.

That is why I brought up the two largest protest in this decade happen in the first three years of Trump's administration. I mean highly organized and energized protest and none of it was preaching Republican causes. A fad? Slight social indigestion that will past over? Keep thinking that. And this dissatisfaction is being echoed in the smaller demonstrations for various causes across the nation which aren't broadcast on the major outlet, Standing Rock.

I want to thank the Republican party under Trump, no president or party could instill a "clear and present danger'' in progressive, woman, minorities, environmentalist and young people minds as they have.

In Seattle, blacks, Asians, Mexicans, and liberal whites are banning together over the death of an Asian kid who was shot in the back by cops, because the cops feared for their lives. Trump had revoked Obama's police oversight programs where these things got addressed, thus people must hit the streets. Trump encourages cops to be rough with preps, jokingly, at a rally but words can reverberate down differently than intended.

Japanese internment camp survivors got together, with Mexicans, native American, blacks and liberal groups got together and are protesting Trump holding pens in the south.

There is a growing willingness to cross ethnic lines and band together voice their dissent. You don't see the marches on corporate news stations. You don't see this reflected in republican discourse. You only see it in the progressive wing of the democrat party which is accepting of diversity, including Ilhan.

So, please double down on Trump and the republicans, ride that train down. You aren't going to attract the people you got last time. One doesn't expand their base by standing still.
    Last edited by WES445; 09-24-2019 at 04:27 AM.