Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 23 of 1310 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533731235231023 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Please explain your take on the situation then, I am really curious where you were going with that.

It is very possible people of a specific state liked a certain candidate in that state despite party lines without Sanders being some huge downfall. I see some say you dislike him and like Pelosi, that might explain your stance best but I wanna hear you out here.

I can't imagine a worse type of strategy for dems moving forward than sticking with the same old BS politicians that have been running the party like Pelosi (or worse, clinton) while telling people really looking for the change many of us want (like Bernie) to go away. My personal take so am very interested to hear why you think this/what that other race is telling you.
    It is possible that Vermont has defied the nation and has two wings of the Democratic party running for their governor and the less progressive Democrat was the Republican, but I doubt it. He is the type of candidate that should bring other progressives and Democrats over the line. I would love to go back and see if the states he won in the 2016 primary resulted in more progressives winning their primaries. If I'm wrong, then that's fine. But I don't have much faith in the guy who couldn't pull the Democrat over the top in his own state.

I support Nancy Pelosi because I've seen her win. She has implemented policies that I think are beneficial to the country. Is she perfect? Of course not. But I can't point to any bills that actually become law that were supported by Bernie Sanders. If someone can name some for me, I'd be happy to review them. I place very little value on symbolic success.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    It is possible that Vermont has defied the nation and has two wings of the Democratic party running for their governor and the less progressive Democrat was the Republican, but I doubt it. He is the type of candidate that should bring other progressives and Democrats over the line. I would love to go back and see if the states he won in the 2016 primary resulted in more progressives winning their primaries. If I'm wrong, then that's fine. But I don't have much faith in the guy who couldn't pull the Democrat over the top in his own state.

I support Nancy Pelosi because I've seen her win. She has implemented policies that I think are beneficial to the country. Is she perfect? Of course not. But I can't point to any bills that actually become law that were supported by Bernie Sanders. If someone can name some for me, I'd be happy to review them. I place very little value on symbolic success.
    So bernies to blame for a governor who ran a bad campaign. Dems also won throughout in vermont

As I said earlier, you’ve got to understand that some New England Republicans — like Scott and Baker — are a far cry from the stereotyped national Republicans.

These two successful Republican governors in Democratic states are good examples of why the R (bad) D (good) thing is useless on the state level.

Or maybe it’s just that some of us here in New England just plain get it.

Here's one of the last true voices for the middle and working class laying out everything wrong with the Dem party, while also laying out the blue print to win:

https://www.facebook.com/democracyno...39116/?__xts__[0]=68.ARCLsOs4nnwVnuGqMPGI-AqhMjpbzUNb3u96WVcuUMooq23fTzVOoAdJym0po24S7C-dRGAKMyfR2xNdjRpFSPfNhsr5d8uTQ3MfHdLJ0Zr5g4CPnncCN im0-ZiHnmG2xPXfKhNJz6pOYlebt-W-98nA76dfSF4IwimVZmkeFRQqxNhcMmZzYStGnJL1_kQjzjnIy0 VM_lXm6b9_a8yeXCcsQ_104Iih5K_0Oanwu3-XiEMJHQAhDZV1P6CRQUMS5thNUS9qeNz721qY4E-DYP4G90gAqRI4RDghKpa4xy_XYzGnUCMXxRxCNpEZMsGf_yHHW _iBBCsN8q3Eh62vQSsPAdHQ0A&__tn__=-R

https://www.facebook.com/democracyno...HQ0A&__tn__=-R

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    As I said earlier, you’ve got to understand that some New England Republicans — like Scott and Baker — are a far cry from the stereotyped national Republicans.

These two successful Republican governors in Democratic states are good examples of why the R (bad) D (good) thing is useless on the state level.

Yeah, it's important to understand how different R's and D's can be depending on the region. I was reading the new Democratic Senator from Arizona who is taking Flake's spot has voted for Trump proposals 60% of the time. Similarly, an Oregon or Washington Republican is nowhere near as conservative as say an Alabama or Georgia one.

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Here's one of the last true voices for the middle and working class laying out everything wrong with the Dem party, while also laying out the blue print to win:
    Yeah. He’s probably right.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post

So you have very little understanding of the area/politics and are simply saying that because a single democrat in his state race lost that is on him and proof he is an issue for the party? I guess we look at politics very differently. I don't think that every politician is responsible for making sure other candidates, especially poor one's, win their races just because they happen to be in the same state. I don't think just because someone is a democrat automatically means they deserve to win a specific race.

You think Democrats have been winning with her? Are you one of the people who kept saying we needed Hillary because Pelosi and the crew wanted her from the start and kept running with "she's the only one who can beat Trump" too? I agree she has passed more bills and likely often times has more partisan support while Bernie is more likely to make a difference via amendments to bills others have proposed. Trump has had some success implementing policy, getting judges in etc. but that doesn't mean I think his "success" is a good thing.

I think the key difference here is that you seem to really care about democrats "winning" and view that differently than I do (I think Dems are quite poor tbh and leave a lot to be desired considering often times their policy is actually popular). I think a candidates overall character/morals/intellect/how they handle themselves/what they fight for etc. are more important than if they are extreme democrats who's focus is just there to continue down the same old road to "win". I think if the DNC/Democratic party continues to put people like this in charge because the fit that mold to choose far worse candidates like a Hillary Clinton they will continue to talk about their "success" and being the better "side" while most of us roll our eyes and continue to talk about how both parties clearly suck. I agree Pelosi fits in perfectly as the democratic representative of the past 10 years on the democratic side, I just happen to think that's a major issue with the party lol.
    Last edited by mngopher35; 11-13-2018 at 03:07 PM.

The things people will come up with to not support progressives is truly remarkable. Liberals punching left is driving me up the wall these past few days. But frankly, I'm just so tired of it. So no rant. Just know I'm rolling my eyes at you! And, as always, tamping this progressive movement will look as bad in hindsight as it always has.
    HELLO

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    The things people will come up with to not support progressives is truly remarkable. Liberals punching left is driving me up the wall these past few days. But frankly, I'm just so tired of it. So no rant. Just know I'm rolling my eyes at you! And, as always, tamping this progressive movement will look as bad in hindsight as it always has.
    Gotta move the goal posts. Progressive ideas are popular for a reason

Anyways...

Random thought. I never really had heard much of Sherrod Brown so I found a few interviews of his today and gave them a whirl. I had heard a spattering of light-praise for him from a couple of people I respect so I figured I'd dig into him. Obviously I don't know a ton about him, hence this "research" today, but I'm moderately intrigued. A pro-labor candidate who won easily in a state that is essentially red now -- what's not to like!

The problem is if he wins that Senate seat is probably lost. He also doesn't at all have the national popularity Beto has right now, or even the other Senators. But I think I'd prefer him (without worrying about the pragmatic stuff...like losing a Senate seat) over the other Senators. Probably not a surprise.

There's kind of a void after Bernie for a progressive champion. Makes you wonder if Brown could've more readily filled that void. By all accounts him endorsing Clinton over Sanders irked Bernie (and it should have). Instead he fell in line with the safe, career-focused, move. Wonder if that was the right move in the long run?

Because I'm desperate for potential candidates that I like. And he's inherently closer than most of them. Yet not quite close enough...
    HELLO

Bannon might be right. We might have a 3rd party conservative challenge to Trump and it might be Kasich: https://www.daytondailynews.com/news...m1Ao7g1oHSxYP/

And I really hope that inspires Bernie or Warren to run as Independents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ll go with the last line for $500 Alex.

I never realized how politically balanced New England was until I got older and learned about politics living in PA. PA has got to be one of the worst states. More often than not a Dem will take high positions because of Pitt/Phila/WB-S/HBurg. But literally every other power area in the state leans GOP because of how rural the rest of the state is. So the seats are always fighting each other, nothing gets done.

There’s a reason that the joke is “Pennsylvania is Alabama sandwiched between to cities.”

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Yeah, it's important to understand how different R's and D's can be depending on the region. I was reading the new Democratic Senator from Arizona who is taking Flake's spot has voted for Trump proposals 60% of the time. Similarly, an Oregon or Washington Republican is nowhere near as conservative as say an Alabama or Georgia one.
    And I keep going with, that’s why the left is continually losing. At the national level they don’t seem to get that you need a liberal who fits an area, and then the good ones will rise. They try to keep pushing what their national vision of the left is on localities even if it doesn’t fit.

Wrong their all the same, every Republican is a Roy Moore clone with a different accent.

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    So you have very little understanding of the area/politics and are simply saying that because a single democrat in his state race lost that is on him and proof he is an issue for the party? I guess we look at politics very differently. I don't think that every politician is responsible for making sure other candidates, especially poor one's, win their races just because they happen to be in the same state. I don't think just because someone is a democrat automatically means they deserve to win a specific race.

You think Democrats have been winning with her? Are you one of the people who kept saying we needed Hillary because Pelosi and the crew wanted her from the start and kept running with "she's the only one who can beat Trump" too? I agree she has passed more bills and likely often times has more partisan support while Bernie is more likely to make a difference via amendments to bills others have proposed. Trump has had some success implementing policy, getting judges in etc. but that doesn't mean I think his "success" is a good thing.

I think the key difference here is that you seem to really care about democrats "winning" and view that differently than I do (I think Dems are quite poor tbh and leave a lot to be desired considering often times their policy is actually popular). I think a candidates overall character/morals/intellect/how they handle themselves/what they fight for etc. are more important than if they are extreme democrats who's focus is just there to continue down the same old road to "win". I think if the DNC/Democratic party continues to put people like this in charge because the fit that mold to choose far worse candidates like a Hillary Clinton they will continue to talk about their "success" and being the better "side" while most of us roll our eyes and continue to talk about how both parties clearly suck. I agree Pelosi fits in perfectly as the democratic representative of the past 10 years on the democratic side, I just happen to think that's a major issue with the party lol.
    If it was just him, I'd agree with you, but people that Sanders has backed have consistently lost, From Kansas, to Montana, he's picked ALOT of losers, one of the few winners he's back is Cortez, and he didn't back her until AFTER she surprisingly won the primary, and even then her win in the general election had more to do with her district than her.
    Hell, I wouldn't be surprised to see her primaried and lose in 2 years.