Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 592 of 658 FirstFirst ... 92492542582590591592593594602642 ... LastLast
Results 8,866 to 8,880 of 9870
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    https://twitter.com/DrJillStein/stat...351224320?s=20

Jill Stein is a little nuts but she kind of nails it here.

I don't need the Green Party but I want something that isn't the DNC or the GOP
    She’s spot on. She’s not that nutty, but Dems did everything they could to smear her after a strong showing in 2012 (well relatively speaking) and calling Hillary on her BS.

Is the left finally succumbing to the fact that they didn’t have a strong enough candidate to beat DT?

With Biden, the progressives aren’t excited.

With Bernie, the moderates are worried.

This looks a lot like the GOP and the Tea Party back in 2008-2012.

A split party cannot win
    Last edited by The20thK; 04-10-2020 at 05:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    So, these kids' world views should influence Bernie supporters to suck it up for the "Team"? Really, using kids' world views opinion to stress the importance of voting Blue no matter who? The logic of tribalism at it's finest.
    I'm with you on this.

Bernie was different. He was looking to start holding this govt accountable for its responsibilities. I don't know if he would've have succeeded or not, but I just couldn't imagine him ever becoming president. Too much threat to the current system in which business dictates government.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    She’s spot on. She’s not that nutty, but Dems did everything they could to smear her after a strong showing in 2012 (well relatively speaking) and calling Hillary on her BS.
    Good cop/bad cop is right on the money: Donald Trump and Joe Biden serve the same master.

Stein said what many of us here (on all points of the political spectrum I might add) have said for a long time: what differences there are between Republican and Democrats right now are there, but are in real terms not much more than window dressing.

I have no problem voting Green, at the very least just in hopes of getting someone else in the room (to extend the analogy: like a lawyer, maybe).

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    I'm with you on this.

Bernie was different. He was looking to start holding this govt accountable for its responsibilities. I don't know if he would've have succeeded or not, but I just couldn't imagine him ever becoming president. Too much threat to the current system in which business dictates government.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Small steps, bro. This system had over two hundred years to consolidate its hold on the American public and it will take a long time to turn that ship around. Bernie has successfully influenced people positively to medical for all and highlighted the corruption in Washington, which wasn't talk about much six years ago.

My main fear is that climate change may not wait for us to get our crap together. Watching how our government is handling this virus, I don't have too much faith in their abilities to handle it.
    Last edited by WES445; 04-10-2020 at 09:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    In the last 2 months, the US govt just spent 100k per person in giveaways to the rich and corporations.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    But but but it's "for the people"!

See, the math is easy ... around 100M people in the US qualify for the stimulus of around $1k per person, so the bill is going to be $1,000,000,000 right? Wait, they are taking $2,200,000,000,000 so far .... wait WHAT?

It's not $100k per person, but if they pass the additional "stimulus" packages they are talking about it could reasonably get close to that number which is insane. Can you imagine what would happen to the economy if every person in the US got a check for $100k?

And why do I feel like it would be more like 90% of the eligible people in the country would split 10% of the allocated monies.

The rest of the monies....

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    The media is very, very, very good at labeling that sticks in the public's minds. Stein is nutty, Williamson was a kook, and Biden is a credible electable candidate.

The media is very, very, very good at labeling that sticks in the public's minds. Stein is nutty, Williamson was a kook, and Biden is a credible electable candidate.
    Tell me, is Jill Stein still raising money over that fictional recount in Wisconsin?
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Tell me, is Jill Stein still raising money over that fictional recount in Wisconsin?
    Who knows, who cares. When it comes to fictional things, she isn't the only one guilty of that in the political world. I can think of a couple of candidates running for president now, who has a history of recounting fictional things.

238 out of the 712 super delegates were Bernie Sanders' colleagues in the House and Senate and he couldn't get them to support him over Hillary Clinton in 2016. And people expect me to believe that Bernie would have done anything when president.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

238 out of the 712 super delegates were Bernie Sanders' colleagues in the House and Senate and he couldn't get them to support him over Hillary Clinton in 2016. And people expect me to believe that Bernie would have done anything when president.
    Yeah, Biden and his neo-liberal peers will accomplish so much more for their agenda then Bernie could for his. Stuff you can be proud to support. Its funny, people who didn't like him, though Bernie would turn us into communists while others who oppose him say he wouldn't accomplish anything.

Makes sense, Hillary was in charge of the party's purse strings. Then they need to appease their donors. Not cheating, as you say.

Who knows, who cares. When it comes to fictional things, she isn't the only one guilty of that in the political world. I can think of a couple of candidates running for president now, who has a history of recounting fictional things.
    He thinks Jill Stein is a Russian puppet based on a photo of her sitting at a table with Putin.

That's the breadth of his political analysis

Yeah, Biden and his neo-liberal peers will accomplish so much more for their agenda then Bernie could for his. Stuff you can be proud to support.
    1. Voted for the war in Iraq (aka the invasion of a sovereign country)
    2. Voted for the Patriot Act (aka the dismantling of the Bill of Rights act)
    3. Voted to overturn Glass-Steagall (aka paved the way for banking crisis of 2008)
    4. Helped write and voted for the 1994 Crime Bill* (aka legalizing mass incarcerations)
    5. Voted for NAFTA (aka shipping jobs overseas act).

*in his defense, this bill did include the Violence Against Women Act (though Biden did not write that part)