Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 472 of 580 FirstFirst ... 372422462470471472473474482522572 ... LastLast
Results 7,066 to 7,080 of 8687
  1. #7066
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    31,115
    Quote Originally Posted by DeW-Star View Post
    That’s regulation.
    That's semantics.

  2. #7067
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    73,344
    Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    Obama had a draw, Bernie doesn't. He doesn't draw the older crowd because they know the ******** that he spews is exactly that.. ********. He won't win with what he has.
    He won't win the rust belt states because of his policies and he needs those to win the presidency.
    Keep overestimating the youth turn out. History says otherwise.
    Don't take my word for it, its what the Dem candidates have said themselves.
    Do you think there's a chance you're wrong?

    I'm confident Bernie wins the primary now. I'm not confident he beats Trump. I think he can but I certainly think he could lose too. There's so much that has to play out.

    I'm just saying that I think he CAN win, not that he will. It seems like the others are merely saying that too.

    You're saying he can't and won't. Again, do you truly believe that?

    I'm not making a GE prediction. It's February and everything you or I think we know might look silly in a few months. Let alone 8...

  3. #7068
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    10,599
    Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    Don't take my word for it, its what the Dem candidates have said themselves.
    LOLOL, yeah I am sure the other democrat candidates will give me a unbiased opinion of Bernie and their chances to win. Next, you will tell me to listen to Chris Matthew
    Last edited by WES445; 02-23-2020 at 08:26 PM.

  4. #7069
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    73,344
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Bernie thinks the people should be running businesses "democratically"
    Regardless of what you want to call that, do you think more democracy in business is a bad thing?

    Everyone pounds their chests about how important Democracy is. I've seen countless conservatives and liberals alike justify invading countries and overthrowing sovereign governments because of the importance of Democracy.

    But god forbid the workplace be Democratic at all! I don't entirely get it. I know government and business are different. But the principle is not.

  5. #7070
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    10,599
    Ex-poker player and sport bettor. I said a progressive will win in 2020 back after Trump won. That progressive is Bernie.

  6. #7071
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    10,599
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    Regardless of what you want to call that, do you think more democracy in business is a bad thing?

    Everyone pounds their chests about how important Democracy is. I've seen countless conservatives and liberals alike justify invading countries and overthrowing sovereign governments because of the importance of Democracy.

    But god forbid the workplace be Democratic at all! I don't entirely get it. I know government and business are different. But the principle is not.
    Workers use to have more say in these companies back when the union where strong. Maybe there would be less sexual harrassment, more equal pay and respect for senority on the job.

  7. #7072
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    91,926
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I've answered it. Bernie thinks the people should be running businesses "democratically" which they would be doing using the force of government. That is socialism. Bernies proposed policies don't reflect that during his recent campaigns, but he's said things all around that simple concept literally for decades. That plus his regular and repeated praise of socialist leaders and socialist governments make it really clear that Bernie's personal philosophy is socialist.

    That said, and I've said this before too, I'm a capitalist, but Bernie got my vote in the primaries in 2016 and I'm considering him now, just because the alternatives are SO much worse, and I suspect Bernie won't be able to get much done while he's a likely 1 term President (if he wins).

    My vote for Prez doesn't matter much as Dems are not going to come close to winning Texas, but in the Primary right now I think I'll vote for Amy, but it's close.
    Has he actually introduced any legislation to this effect? There are plenty of co-op companies.

  8. #7073
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    44,670
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    Regardless of what you want to call that, do you think more democracy in business is a bad thing?

    Everyone pounds their chests about how important Democracy is. I've seen countless conservatives and liberals alike justify invading countries and overthrowing sovereign governments because of the importance of Democracy.

    But god forbid the workplace be Democratic at all! I don't entirely get it. I know government and business are different. But the principle is not.
    Communist


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  9. #7074
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    31,115
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    Regardless of what you want to call that, do you think more democracy in business is a bad thing?

    Everyone pounds their chests about how important Democracy is. I've seen countless conservatives and liberals alike justify invading countries and overthrowing sovereign governments because of the importance of Democracy.

    But god forbid the workplace be Democratic at all! I don't entirely get it. I know government and business are different. But the principle is not.
    I think, in business, there should be open dialog and input should be respected from everyone, I DON'T think it should be run democratically and I don't think the government should be telling businesses how to make decisions. I realize government needs to have regulations to protect the people, but when decision processes are mandated that's WAY too far for me.

    I think part of it comes down to the concept I can apply from the best form of government is a benevolent dictatorship. The problem is that not all dictators are benevolent. In business a benevolent boss generally does better in business and as such it's in their personal interest to be benevolent. I can see that in an ideal workplace the people will be invested in their company and put serious thought into every decision and weigh today vs tomorrow vs the next 5 years in every decision, but that is not very likely even in a small business, it's essentially impossible in a large business.

  10. #7075
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    31,115
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Workers use to have more say in these companies back when the union where strong. Maybe there would be less sexual harrassment, more equal pay and respect for senority on the job.
    Yeah, because union bosses and union members are not at all historically known for their crass behavior.

    I deal with union people all the time in the trucking industry ... it's just as bad as it looks in TV shows and movies.

  11. #7076
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    31,115
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Has he actually introduced any legislation to this effect? There are plenty of co-op companies.
    I've said several times that his proposals do not necessarily reflect is personal philosophy.

    And yes there are co-op companies, and thus far none have risen to the point of being a big success to get other companies to follow that model. I have no issue with people deciding to go that way, I just don't want the government mandating it.

  12. #7077
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    91,926
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I've said several times that his proposals do not necessarily reflect is personal philosophy.

    And yes there are co-op companies, and thus far none have risen to the point of being a big success to get other companies to follow that model. I have no issue with people deciding to go that way, I just don't want the government mandating it.
    Then why bring it up at all? It doesn't make him a socialist, communist, fill in the blank slur to try to badmouth Democrats because it's been poll tested.

    All of us have personal believes about how things should or shouldn't be done that we don't try to implement on others.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

    Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!


  13. #7078
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    31,115
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Then why bring it up at all? It doesn't make him a socialist, communist, fill in the blank slur to try to badmouth Democrats because it's been poll tested.

    All of us have personal believes about how things should or shouldn't be done that we don't try to implement on others.
    I didn't bring it up. Someone, It may have been you, said something about Bernie and socialism, and I said he IS a socialist because he is. It's his personal philosophy that he's stated many times. I also said that his policy proposals do not reflect his socialist philosophy. The GOP has called many a capitalist a socialist just to discredity them, but when people call Sanders a socialist they are not mistaken. That doesn't mean he's going to lose, nor does it mean the US is going to suddenly become socialist if he's elected.

    Your personal beliefs DO matter. They don't control you, but they do influence you. Some people would not vote for someone who is religious because of their beliefs even if their policy proposals don't reflect their beliefs.

  14. #7079
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,577
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    Do you think there's a chance you're wrong?

    I'm confident Bernie wins the primary now. I'm not confident he beats Trump. I think he can but I certainly think he could lose too. There's so much that has to play out.

    I'm just saying that I think he CAN win, not that he will. It seems like the others are merely saying that too.

    You're saying he can't and won't. Again, do you truly believe that?

    I'm not making a GE prediction. It's February and everything you or I think we know might look silly in a few months. Let alone 8...
    Of course I could be wrong. No question about that. And you're right, things could drastically change before the election. But as it stands right now, Bernie cannot beat Trump.

  15. #7080
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,577
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    LOLOL, yeah I am sure the other democrat candidates will give me a unbiased opinion of Bernie and their chances to win. Next, you will tell me to listen to Chris Matthew
    Bernie said it himself. Look it up. And I am sorry that Matthews doesn't have that tingle up his leg for Bernie as he did for Obama.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •