Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 335 of 349 FirstFirst ... 235285325333334335336337345 ... LastLast
Results 5,011 to 5,025 of 5235
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    We do research on a lot of things we've been doing for centuries. That's no reason not to learn more.

Pot use has gone up, but yes some of the crazy people talking doom and gloom were predictably wrong.

There is also some evidence some drug dealers have switched to selling harder drugs to make their money.

At any rate ... I'm still in favor of legalizing all drugs.
    Am for the most part with you on this final point.

We do research on a lot of things we've been doing for centuries. That's no reason not to learn more.
    Of course, but you continue to frame these things as reasons why maybe we shouldn't legalize it. I'm just not sure what it has to do with the political decision we want made here. I don't think anyone who wants to legalize it doesn't want research to be done. Hell, I think that's part of the reason many people do want it legalized -- so more research can be done. I will say, more to Wes' point, there are a lot of retrospective cohort studies out there. There are tens of millions of people in this country that have regularly used in the past...it's not like something gobsmacking is going to discovered with more research. Also, it's not like there are heaps of special interest money piling into to every lawmakers' office to hide the negative effects of cannabis. No one is hiding anything from us. This isn't opioids or cigarettes.

Really, for me, the issue with "research" is investigating it's medicinal properties more thoroughly. How it can help people. And again, we only really haven't had that traditionally because of its prohibition.

There is also some evidence some drug dealers have switched to selling harder drugs to make their money.
    The "weed is a gateway drug" concern from someone who wants to legalize everything also is slightly confounding to me.

I just feel like you're argue from the right side of things for the hell of it How hard is it to say "yeah, Biden's is stuck in the olden days and we need to end the federal prohibition tomorrow"?!?! There's always something!
    Hello there! Welcome to ManRam v8.00.
    Patch notes: This version is nice, funny, cool & good™ now

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    Of course, but you continue to frame these things as reasons why maybe we shouldn't legalize it. I'm just not sure what it has to do with the political decision we want made here. I don't think anyone who wants to legalize it doesn't want research to be done. Hell, I think that's part of the reason many people do want it legalized -- so more research can be done. I will say, more to Wes' point, there are a lot of retrospective cohort studies out there. There are tens of millions of people in this country that have regularly used in the past...it's not like something gobsmacking is going to discovered with more research. Also, it's not like there are heaps of special interest money piling into to every lawmakers' office to hide the negative effects of cannabis. No one is hiding anything from us. This isn't opioids or cigarettes.

Really, for me, the issue with "research" is investigating it's medicinal properties more thoroughly. How it can help people. And again, we only really haven't had that traditionally because of its prohibition.

The "weed is a gateway drug" concern from someone who wants to legalize everything also is slightly confounding to me.

I just feel like you're argue from the right side of things for the hell of it How hard is it to say "yeah, Biden's is stuck in the olden days and we need to end the federal prohibition tomorrow"?!?! There's always something!
    How can I be framing it as reasons to not legalize it when I'm saying in every post that I'm absolutely FOR legalization of ALL drugs?

I've spent a LOT of time around heavy drug users and a lot of them and their pot smoking friends say things about "pot never did anything negative to nobody", and I just don't believe it's true. I think it's less harmful in the short term than alcohol, but I do want to see some real science on the long term effects and large numbers of people so we can help people protect themselves with information.

I haven't said anything close to "weed is a gateway drug" ... I am just not free of ALL concerns about legal pot.

On Biden, that I don't like his position doesn't mean I can't argue that I can understand his concerns with unfettered access.

How can I be more clear that I don't agree with him other than by saying I want all drugs legal in every post?

There have always been a few, they just usually get moved on early because they don't "play the game" or don't earn the party enough money.
    That is the problem, earn enough money for the party. Well, at least Pelosi can brag about all the money she brought the democrat. All that money didn't stop the House from going republican during her first reign of House leader.

How can I be framing it as reasons to not legalize it when I'm saying in every post that I'm absolutely FOR legalization of ALL drugs?

I haven't said anything close to "weed is a gateway drug" ... I am just not free of ALL concerns about legal pot.

On Biden, that I don't like his position doesn't mean I can't argue that I can understand his concerns with unfettered access.

How can I be more clear that I don't agree with him other than by saying I want all drugs legal in every post?
    I think it is because your concern "need more research" is often use to stop legalizing pot. Really, anytime someone or group demand a politician to do something about a problem or issue, they say " we need more studies or I need to learn more about it" and then nothing is done.

We heard this so much, those of us on the left, that we have a knee jerk reaction to that mantra.

Look at the debate on climate change for example. that has been ''Need more studies" to death.

Both the "gateway drug" and the "need for more research" are just quintessential Reagan-era talking points.
    Hello there! Welcome to ManRam v8.00.
    Patch notes: This version is nice, funny, cool & good™ now

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    That is the problem, earn enough money for the party. Well, at least Pelosi can brag about all the money she brought the democrat. All that money didn't stop the House from going republican during her first reign of House leader.
    Yep. All that crap is what made me think we need to have all campaigns 100% publicly funded, and allow no outside campaigning or money grubbing at all ... but that is not exactly free speech is it?

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    I think it is because your concern "need more research" is often use to stop legalizing pot. Really, anytime someone or group demand a politician to do something about a problem or issue, they say " we need more studies or I need to learn more about it" and then nothing is done.

We heard this so much, those of us on the left, that we have a knee jerk reaction to that mantra.

Look at the debate on climate change for example. that has been ''Need more studies" to death.
    Yes, but I'm literally saying in every post that I'm for legalizing all drugs. How can someone read something I'm saying and infer that I'm saying one thing but also read me actually literally saying the opposite of their inference and decide one is true (the one they made up) and not the other (the one I actually said)?

I understand that there are things that have been debated for years to the point that there are sore spots, but that shouldn't override what someone is saying to the point that they are told they mean something they are not saying.

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    Both the "gateway drug" and the "need for more research" are just quintessential Reagan-era talking points.
    I'm not Reagan.

Most research funding has been kept away from researching the effects of "illicit" drugs. One of the things I want federal legalization to do is the free up researchers to do that very needed research. I also think it's a joke that several states have multi-billion dollar industries that can be completely abolished by a casual federal decision.

Obama said he wasn't going to go after pot markets, but he did. CA had many federal raids happen under Obama, including of a place a friend worked, Oaksterdam, TWICE ... once in 2012 and again in 2014. I have no idea why, but it highlights that the issue is never going to be solved until it's legal federally. Add to that the risks those "legal" businesses take with having to be cash businesses because banking is regulated federally.

Where we are is totally stupid and destructive.

BUT, we don't know all we need to know about pot use and it's effects on bodies and minds. And the BEST way to fight the stupid arguments is to have real long term data, and the best way to get it is to legalize it now, and adjust as needed as we learn. Much like we did with cigarettes and alcohol.

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Maybe he meant it’s a gateway to eating a bag of Doritos and a pint of Ben n Jerry’s at 1am while watching the Wizard of Oz and listening to Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon synced to the movie. Then it’s totally a gateway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    God you’re old. <3

If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    God you’re old. <3

Try it

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

I was liking Tulsi for a while but she’s gotten ridiculous and is overshooting and missing the bigger threat now.

Really not a Kamala fan but she’s right and got her good tonight https://twitter.com/politico/status/...347627008?s=21

I was liking Tulsi for a while but she’s gotten ridiculous and is overshooting and missing the bigger threat now.

Really not a Kamala fan but she’s right and got her good tonight https://twitter.com/politico/status/...347627008?s=21

The only person that likes Kamala is Kamala. What a stuck up *****!

Her cockiness makes trump seem somewhat normal in terms of narcissism.

And honestly, can you blame Tulsi. She wasn't going to win the primary regardless but the queen of the DNC calling her a traitor had it's affect. She's in back peddle mode for no reason other than RUSSIA! She's in defensive mode just like you would be.
    Last edited by dbroncsinmo; 11-21-2019 at 12:25 AM.

Not able to watch but Politico said Tulsi responded "What Senator Harris is doing is unfortunately continuing to traffic in lies and smears and innuendos because she cannot challenge the substance of the argument that I am making."

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    The only person that likes Kamala is Kamala. What a stuck up *****!

Her cockiness makes trump seem somewhat normal in terms of narcissism.

And honestly, can you blame Tulsi. She wasn't going to win the primary regardless but the queen of the DNC calling her a traitor had it's affect. She's in back peddle mode for no reason other than RUSSIA! She's in defensive mode just like you would be.
    Willie Brown liked Kamala, at least enough of what she did in bed to give her political positions back when he was doing her.