Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1183 of 1309 FirstFirst ... 18368310831133117311811182118311841185119312331283 ... LastLast
Results 17,731 to 17,745 of 19631
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    "There are 33 states (plus the District of Columbia) that require electors to vote for a pledged candidate. Most of those states (16 plus DC) nonetheless do not provide for any penalty or any mechanism to prevent the deviant vote from counting as cast. Five states provide a penalty of some sort for a deviant vote, and 14 states provide for the vote to be canceled and the elector replaced (two states do both). The constitutionality of these laws was upheld by the Supreme Court in Chiafalo v. Washington on July 6, 2020."

https://www.fairvote.org/faithless_elector_state_laws

so, faithless electors are possible...but 2/3rds of the states have laws pertaining to it
    2016 was the two most disliked candidates of all time and we only had 5 faithless electors. Hard to imagine enough of them to make a difference. Maybe 270 of them will go for Oprah.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Man Trump is having his legal team ask for another recount in Georgia. I’m not tired of winning but Georgia needs to tell him to pound sand. The vote has been certified and Trump has 100% lost.
    And it would be paid for by taxpayers.

He’s such a miserable human being.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    https://twitter.com/wordygrrrrl/stat...571749891?s=21

Their game is take it to the Supreme Court by any ways possible and have them give him the win by voiding election results and using the 12th amendment.

Problem with that is that you have to have proof and no matter the fact that he appointed 3 of those judges they likely won’t vote for that as that one judge stated.

The courts are not going to violate the constitution.
    John Roberts will likely not even accept the case.

A second recount in Georgia.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

This dude really is like herpes.

***** everyone who voted Republican for any office
    "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.”

-JFK

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    The other thing Trump is looking to give him wins is that the justices have be reassigned in circuit courts, which they handle in emergency request.

Kavanah is in-charge 7th district which includes Wisconsin.

Alito is in charge of the 6th district which includes Michigan.

Gorsuch is I charge of the 11th district which includes Georgia.

So I guess he hoping is that they decide to void results in those circuit courts.
    I'll look it up, thanks for posting this. It certainly sounds extremely fishy.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter_White View Post
    ***** everyone who voted Republican for any office
    A rational and measured response from you, as per usual.

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    And it would be paid for by taxpayers.

He’s such a miserable human being.

ANd it won't even address his concerns about signatures. Sounds about right.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    It's certainly changing the way the tens of millions of Trumpsters in this country view the presidency and the election.
    which, in turn, is going to cause further damage and further need for repair to resolve the growing chasm of division.......every day in Congress is going to look like a day in British Parliament, only with actual dire consequences
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    A rational and measured response from you, as per usual.
    I mean they're trying to overturn an election and turn us into a banana republic, so yes I'd say it was rational and measured.
    "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.”

-JFK

Of course you would.

Anyone who still believes the election went to Trump is an idiot. These hucksters going on Fox and OAN don’t believe he won but are willing to keep getting paid by the idiots who do really believe Trump won.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter_White View Post
    I mean they're trying to overturn an election and turn us into a banana republic, so yes I'd say it was rational and measured.
    Given voters are not the ones trying to overturn the election, nor is every Republican candidate/elected official, I'm going to disagree.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment