Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Expectations for a Democrat-controlled Government

I saw this tweet this morning and it got me thinking.

HELLO

Sally Yates as AG.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

I'll assume that we will see a poorly targeted stimulus check. Beyond that, I dont expect more than a few small gains in some very select areas. I expect Biden to fulfill his campaign promises not to be Donald Trump. Woohoo?

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Sally Yates as AG.
    What do I get from a Sally Yates AG? What are your expectations there?
    HELLO

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    What do I get from a Sally Yates AG? What are your expectations there?
    I want real investigations into all the filth that the Trump folks have been up to. I believe she was one of the honest and tough operators under the Obama administration that was working on that.

Go big or go home.

The Lost Boys of PSD

First Bryer needs to step down and have Biden appoint his replacement.

DACA needs to addressed. Have a pathway to citizenship for most of these kids if not all.

Some kind of immigration reform.

Eliminate all the ******** Trump did in his 4 years as far as immigration goes.

Eliminate space force because why the **** do we need to spend billions on that ****.

Join the Paris agreement again.

Make the environment a priority.

Make marijuana legal on the federal level and exonerate all those people serving time for stupid **** like that.

Debt relief for school.

Just some of the top of my head.

Oh and try to fix Obamacare please.

Hard choices not made. Continuing to cater to the donors and not increasing taxes on them and not cutting the military budget including foreign aid that is used by its recipients to buy weapons, will cripple our ability to deal with social problems. Not to mention the problems the tribal (Native Americans' reservations), local and state governorships are having that aren't being addressed, like Flint Mich. These two things, pandemic expenditures, and the national deficit is going to kill any chances to turn this baby around.

They will continue to support their donors, thus negating any chance of bringing in more much-needed revenue for the national coffers. I have never seen our military expenditures decrease but I have surly noticed it's steadily increasing over the years.

We can't continue doing this. Not now. Nothing in Biden's moderate talking points shows any inkling of changing that Washington DC disconnected mindset.
    A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual doom.

Martin Luther King.

That is why I didn't vote for the SOB.
    A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual doom.

Martin Luther King.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post

DACA needs to addressed. Have a pathway to citizenship for most of these kids if not all.

Eliminate space force because why the **** do we need to spend billions on that ****.

Make marijuana legal on the federal level and exonerate all those people serving time for stupid **** like that.

Debt relief for school.

I think HR1/SR1 should be related to marijuana legalization. There are larger priorities. But that's going to be the simplest thing and I would expect 80% of both chambers to be on board. It can be easily done and be a huge boost to the country. I think that every single marijuana charge should also be pardoned along with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post

Debt relief for school.

To add:

Fix gerrymandering, fix all the issues with voting that Republicans have created (voter suppression, long lines, etc.), an enact some kind of police reform
    "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.

-JFK

Very modest.

In order.

1. A better plan to deal with covid, especially when it comes to the distribution of vaccinations.
    2. A stimulus where the guy who is in charge of holding people accountable isn't fired a week after the bill. More accountability for the use of said stimulus.
    3. Rejoin the Paris Accord, and begin implementing a aggressive plan to push us away from climate change.
    4. Treaty with Iran. Avoiding the inevitable war that was going to happen if Trump won.
    5. Federal legislation, funding body cams, and stricter guidelines regarding the use of them. Also an oversite committee dedicated to insuring that cops don't police themselves in regards to complaints about their officers and department.
    6. Improving on Obamacare. Adding a public options or reforming to M4A is probably not in the cards, but that doesn't mean we can't lesson the impact on the middle class.
    7. Implement a plan to scale college so kids aren't 100's of thousands of dollars into debt at 26. Reduce some of the loans that are already out there.

Oh and somewhere in there raise the corporate tax rate to 25%. Implement a VAT so businesses like Amazon don't get away with murder when it comes to taxes.

Most likey, this stuff is not all in the cards. But I could add like 50 more things to this list off the top of my head.

Violence in the streets and full on communism

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast