Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 392 of 499 FirstFirst ... 292342382390391392393394402442492 ... LastLast
Results 5,866 to 5,880 of 7483
    People know that it's a lie that Tulsi has had an awkward and suspicious past with Russia and backing their talking points? Because that's quite wrong if that's your claim.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    None of the other women in the race felt the need to defend themselves against the charge.
    No women in the race had their names in the same sentence as Russian assets over and over again like Tulsi. It was around the time they were labeling her an Assad supporter. The more anti-establishment one is, the more smear jobs that are done on them.

Tulsi and Bernie have faced smear jobs after smear jobs from the wall street dems this year.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    People know that it's a lie that Tulsi has had an awkward and suspicious past with Russia and backing their talking points? Because that's quite wrong if that's your claim.
    If you know something that the military intelligence doesn't know about someone serving this country then you best tell them. I can't walk with you on this because it is so over the top. Did this awkward and suspicious past occur while she was surfing in Hawaii? Don't you think she has been screen in depth by the military, CIA and FBI. Or you like Trump and don't trust the intelligence agencies to do their job?

I remember when they called anybody who was against the Vietnam war, a communist sympathizer.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    It is frivolous. As a public figure the burden of proof is even higher than on non-public figures. Also, this was not something published, but said, which makes it even more unlikely to succeed.
    If it was published it would be libel. Defamation is for things said.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I'm aware, that's what I'm saying. It's even more difficult to get damages awarded for defamation than it is for libel.

I don't know about that. If someone famous publicly and fraudulently trashes your character that seems like a perfect time for a defamation suit.

If Trump seriously and repeatedly said you were a baby rapist would you just ignore it or would you sue?

I'm generally not a fan of lawsuits since, for the most part, I think they just make lawyers rich, but this one could make politicians think twice about lying about opponents.

Of ocurse, only if Tulsi can make the case stick which may or may not happen. We'll see.
    Oh, Tulsi doesn't have to make it stick in the court of law. I would bet she not even thinking of her day in court. But in the political world, during an election year and the progressive most hate moderate/Wall Street democrat, Tulsi could force Hillary to go on the offensive by either more smear jobs, or defend her words and the action behind them in the public eye.

The two biggest wins of this lawsuit is

1. Anything she says against Bernie or anybody else with have the public shadow of defamation. She best not get caught in a lie because every word will be scrutinized.

2. She neutralizes Bernie's chief opposition and political machine, The Clinton and maybe Obama depending Tulsi and Bernie play this.

I am also betting they are playing bad cop and a good cop. She did knee capped Kamala Harris, challenge the other military-experienced candidate Mayor Pete, also had to be stopped by the debate moderators for going after Pete with strong accusations, as she did with Kamala, at one point.

She is perfect for "I just want to focus on the job, No Drama" Bernie as running mate.
    Last edited by WES445; 01-22-2020 at 01:51 PM.

FYI, slander is for things said, libel for thing written down. Both are Defamation.

Edit: Bob and Tom bit that is the funniest explanation of the difference between slander and libel. Link.
    Last edited by IndyFan; 01-22-2020 at 01:52 PM.

LIke in said Movie on Hulu about Hillary director by her friend/director. She talks a lot of crap about Bernie and how he harm her campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I'm aware, that's what I'm saying. It's even more difficult to get damages awarded for defamation than it is for libel.
    I agree

Quote Originally Posted by IndyFan View Post
    FYI, slander is for things said, libel for thing written down. Both are Defamation.

Edit: Bob and Tom bit that is the funniest explanation of the difference between slander and libel. Link.
    Noted. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    LIke in said Movie on Hulu about Hillary director by her friend/director. She talks a lot of crap about Bernie and how he harm her campaign.
    Despite anybody who tries to be informed knows that the opposite is true. Bernie should have been the nominee, and he would have won.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyFan View Post

TIL.

thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

Following up an Associated Press report from earlier this month, Common Cause, a nonpartisan organization that advocates government reform, has filed a complaint with the Federal Election Commission, alleging that Our Revolution, a political nonprofit organization founded by Bernie Sanders, violated campaign finance law by accepting donations in excess of federal limits while helping to boost his run for the presidency.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Following up an Associated Press report from earlier this month, Common Cause, a nonpartisan organization that advocates government reform, has filed a complaint with the Federal Election Commission, alleging that Our Revolution, a political nonprofit organization founded by Bernie Sanders, violated campaign finance law by accepting donations in excess of federal limits while helping to boost his run for the presidency.
    Dissapointing to hear about Our Revolution, but Sanders hasn't even been associated with them since 2016. They support his bid but he has no influence over what they do.