Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 391 of 467 FirstFirst ... 291341381389390391392393401441 ... LastLast
Results 5,851 to 5,865 of 6993
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    If you want a real cynical view of the presidential election process, read this Chris Hedges opinion piece from a full year ago:

”Those who do not play this game...are ridiculed and marginalized by a monochromatic corporate media that banishes qualification, ambiguity, nuance and genuine dialogue. Those...who attempt to defy the rules of the game are punished. The goal is entertainment. Politicians who are good entertainers do well. The poor entertainers do badly. The networks seek to attract viewers and increase profits, not disseminate information about political issues. Voters have little or no say in who decides to run, who gets funded, how campaigns are managed, what television ads say, which candidates get covered by the press or who gets invited to presidential debates. They are spectators, pawns used to legitimize political farce.“

https://www.truthdig.com/articles/a-...-a-circus-now/
    Chris Hedges, Noam Chomsky, Howard Zinn, Cornell West, all have insightful commentary on the role and the interconnectedness of the news media, government and the corporate state. There are reasons you don't see or hear them mention on mainstream news outlets.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    If you want a real cynical view of the presidential election process, read this Chris Hedges opinion piece from a full year ago:

”Those who do not play this game...are ridiculed and marginalized by a monochromatic corporate media that banishes qualification, ambiguity, nuance and genuine dialogue. Those...who attempt to defy the rules of the game are punished. The goal is entertainment. Politicians who are good entertainers do well. The poor entertainers do badly. The networks seek to attract viewers and increase profits, not disseminate information about political issues. Voters have little or no say in who decides to run, who gets funded, how campaigns are managed, what television ads say, which candidates get covered by the press or who gets invited to presidential debates. They are spectators, pawns used to legitimize political farce.“

https://www.truthdig.com/articles/a-...-a-circus-now/
    That is why the system is having a hard time dealing with Trump and Bernie. They both come from outside the boys club from the far right and far left-wing. Extreme elements that were easily buried in the news,or just ignored by the press. With the public growing dissatisfaction of the mainstream politic these guys are coming to the forefront.

Round 2 of the stop Bernie Sanders movement within the democrat party.

After Warren's Iowa debate screwjob on Bernie, Hillary is back smearing Bernie talking about how sexist he is and no one likes him, he accomplishes nothing while he was in the senate and the kettle calling the pot black, accuse him of being a career politician. She came off as the mean girl from the hip cliche dissing the outsider.

If Obama, as he promises, joins in the democrat might just hand the election to Trump. In the same interview, by the way she has a film coming out about her life soon, she left the notion that she might jump in the presidential race if Bernie looks like he will win the nomination.

The big buck donors are pushing her and look like they rather back Trump if she doesn't enter the race.

Tulsi, the other Hillary smear project, came out and attack her statement on Bernie and call her the mean girl of the party.

I find it sad that the fact Hillary is trying to paint Bernie as a misogynist as well as the "Bernie Bros" when a large percentage of creditable women have come out for Bernie. A lot of women of color.

If Bernie has done nothing, then why is medicare for all, climate change, ending constant war is such a talking point on the national stage?

Once again, the democrat is going to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. What an f up the party if these moderate go after Bernie if he is on the brink of winning the democrat nominations.

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Round 2 of the stop Bernie Sanders movement within the democrat party.

After Warren's Iowa debate screwjob on Bernie, Hillary is back smearing Bernie talking about how sexist he is and no one likes him, he accomplishes nothing while he was in the senate and the kettle calling the pot black, accuse him of being a career politician. She came off as the mean girl from the hip cliche dissing the outsider.

If Obama, as he promises, joins in the democrat might just hand the election to Trump. In the same interview, by the way she has a film coming out about her life soon, she left the notion that she might jump in the presidential race if Bernie looks like he will win the nomination.

The big buck donors are pushing her and look like they rather back Trump if she doesn't enter the race.

Tulsi, the other Hillary smear project, came out and attack her statement on Bernie and call her the mean girl of the party.

I find it sad that the fact Hillary is trying to paint Bernie as a misogynist as well as the "Bernie Bros" when a large percentage of creditable women have come out for Bernie. A lot of women of color.

If Bernie has done nothing, then why is medicare for all, climate change, ending constant war is such a talking point on the national stage?

Once again, the democrat is going to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. What an f up the party if these moderate go after Bernie if he is on the brink of winning the democrat nominations.
    The good thing is that anytime Hillary comes out against someone, it might as well be an endorsement.
    Yankees Farm System

did Hillary Clinton say something again.

I thought it was only the Conservative media that was covering Hillary Clinton, for no reason at all.

here is some new Hillary news..

https://www.foxbusiness.com/money/tu...linton-lawsuit

Tulsi Gabbard suing Hillary Clinton for $50M in damages
    Democratic presidential candidate Tulsi Gabbard filed a lawsuit against Hillary Clinton on Wednesday, claiming the 2016 nominee defamed her when she called her a "Russian asset" during an October podcast interview.

"Clinton lied about her perceived rival Tulsi Gabbard," the lawsuit read. "She did so publicly, unambiguously, and with obvious malicious intent. Tulsi has been harmed by Clinton’s lies — and American democracy has suffered as well."

At the time, Clinton's remarks ignited a political firestorm, evoking responses in defense of Gabbard from both President Trump and her fellow Democratic presidential hopeful Bernie Sanders.
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Either care about all of it like a decent human being or shut the **** up and stop selective outrage based on whether it serves your political purposes.

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome
    the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    did Hillary Clinton say something again.

I thought it was only the Conservative media that was covering Hillary Clinton, for no reason at all.

here is some new Hillary news..

https://www.foxbusiness.com/money/tu...linton-lawsuit
    While I admire Gabbard for sticking up for herself, this is the very definition of a frivolous lawsuit.

Probably a good time to point out that Hillary didn't say Tulsi specifically was a Russian asset. She just put it out there and Tulsi's guilty mind made her lash out. Warren didn't lash out, Harris didn't lash out, Klobachar didn't lash out...nope only Tulsi lashed out.

Also probably a good time to point out that Fox Business is conservative media...
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Probably a good time to point out that Hillary didn't say Tulsi specifically was a Russian asset. She just put it out there and Tulsi's guilty mind made her lash out. Warren didn't lash out, Harris didn't lash out, Klobachar didn't lash out...nope only Tulsi lashed out.

Also probably a good time to point out that Fox Business is conservative media...
    This is what smart, seasoned politicians do.(And something dumb non-politicians do not do and do not get it [see Trump, Donald]). They master the art of saying something without saying something.

They allude, they use vagaries, they hint at…but never say things you can positively pin on them.

Or they say something negative, that while negative, may not be overly harmful. e.g. Nobody liked Bernie. Yeah, so.

Smart, seasoned politicians never leave themselves without an out. Hillary does this well…or she simply has you killed (but certainly without any chance of proving it.)

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    While I admire Gabbard for sticking up for herself, this is the very definition of a frivolous lawsuit.
    I don't know about that. If someone famous publicly and fraudulently trashes your character that seems like a perfect time for a defamation suit.

If Trump seriously and repeatedly said you were a baby rapist would you just ignore it or would you sue?

I'm generally not a fan of lawsuits since, for the most part, I think they just make lawyers rich, but this one could make politicians think twice about lying about opponents.

Of ocurse, only if Tulsi can make the case stick which may or may not happen. We'll see.

Keep defending Hillary. You forgot to somehow defend Pelosi too in that post.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I don't know about that. If someone famous publicly and fraudulently trashes your character that seems like a perfect time for a defamation suit.

If Trump seriously and repeatedly said you were a baby rapist would you just ignore it or would you sue?

I'm generally not a fan of lawsuits since, for the most part, I think they just make lawyers rich, but this one could make politicians think twice about lying about opponents.

Of ocurse, only if Tulsi can make the case stick which may or may not happen. We'll see.
    It is frivolous. As a public figure the burden of proof is even higher than on non-public figures. Also, this was not something published, but said, which makes it even more unlikely to succeed.

Maybe we should be asking if Hillary Clinton is a Trump asset? She did her best to tank the election in 2016 and is now popping up in 2019 to divide the party and threaten to run herself She might be the best thing to happen to Donald Trump since spray tan.

Tulsi's guilty mind, nope. The Russians asset smear have been circulating for weeks before Hillary piled on with her smear. It is the same with the sexist charges against Bernie, she piled on after weeks of the smear job done by ex-Clinton and Obama's people.

The Clinton don't start smear jobs, they just put their stamp of approval on it after the smear job has been marinated in the press.

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Tulsi's guilty mind, nope. The Russians asset smear have been circulating for weeks before Hillary piled on with her smear. It is the same with the sexist charges against Bernie, she piled on after weeks of the smear job done by ex-Clinton and Obama's people.

The Clinton don't start smear jobs, they just put their stamp of approval on it after the smear job has been marinated in the press.
    None of the other women in the race felt the need to defend themselves against the charge.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Like Warren before her, Hillary isn't going to get good coverage on this. Those who have been following him knows this is out right lie. Those who don't can easy google his background.

I find it funny that Hillary says no one likes Bernie with her 2016 polls numbers pointed out how much people can't stand her.