Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 357 of 388 FirstFirst ... 257307347355356357358359367 ... LastLast
Results 5,341 to 5,355 of 5817
    Don't encourage him. He just seeking attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Changes to the country are big, long term things. IIRC, you admitted his long term effects are not significant yet. But do you really not understand the difference between "change the country" and "ability to change things is small" and "everything is exactly the same"?

If someone took the tip off your penis the change to your life would be small but I doubt you would say "everything is exactly the same".
    WTF!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Because I was betting that you’d flip out and come back with an asinine response...and you did.

And are you really that pathetic that you have to troll around a forum to entertain yourself, and by belittling others at that?
    He doesn’t have to. He enjoys it. There is a difference

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Don't encourage him. He just seeking attention.
    You’re just jealous

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    He doesn’t have to. He enjoys it. There is a difference
    Let me see if I have this right. You are saying he is not compelled to troll — or as he first put it “to laugh at people” — he chooses to troll?

And Scoots, what’s with the penis thing?

Let me see if I have this right. You are saying he is not compelled to troll — or as he first put it “to laugh at people” — he chooses to troll?
    You're the one that said you basically trolled me to get a reaction (again: so darned clever!). All I did was make a general statement about my thoughts on this forum, which led to you and Wes getting bent out of shape and flinging insults my way.

Pretty funny that you two equate me finding humor in the mundane to trolling or insulting. Then again, you are the super sensitive guy who swore off ballparks because someone gave you a hard time about not standing at attention for the anthem.

Maybe you should think about lightening (and/or even lighting) up.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Yes, I agree with you on those things that have always been here, but his validation of certain things has repress us from solving our problems. When it comes to climate change, if a moderate democrat wins, our ability to deal with climate change could be set back another decade when it will be too late accord to climate scientists who don't work for big oil.

You agree with me that he has the power to change political, public and (forgive me, but I must add foreign) discourse. Where we disagree is how powerful that ability is. Sometimes what a president doesn't validate, from his pulpit, can bring great harm to people even over a short period of time. Ask the Kurds about this when it comes to our commitment to our allies. That will affect our ability to gain alliances in trouble regions in the future. How can foreign governments trust American alliances or treaties if the next president can revoke or amend that agreement?

It isn't about just the legislative ability he doesn't have, but the moral compass he is supposed to set for the nation as a whole. JFK set the Liberal tone about civil rights. FDR has great influences on the Progressive agenda.

I don't see the Republicans going back to anything because I don't see it now. From past events, I can see them doubling down or getting more entrenched in Trumpism. Those who could have made those changes are either dead, Sen. McCain or left the party. We already got posters here who are willing to overlook his flaws because he stands with them or they totally despise the democrat, moderates and progressives alike. The republican party has lost a generation thanks to Trump. I don't see the republicans embracing diversity, climate change or anything they didn't champion before Trump. That is a helluva change that can only occur over a generation.

The damage he has done will have a long effect on our alliances, climate change attitudes (no I won't say mindset )and social discourse.
    I agree. The discourse is what the president is to blame for, no question.

Whoever is president next will likely not have a majority in both legislative bodies and will thus be legislatively innefective too, but homefully the debate gets better.

As for long lasting effect of Trump's speech ... it took all of about a week to erase the tone from Obama, and Obama did such a good job in his first month he got a Nobel prize. Clearly it's not THAT hard to change what we are talking about.

WTF!!
    Just illustrating the difference between small changes and everything being exactly the same.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    You're the one that said you basically trolled me to get a reaction (again: so darned clever!). All I did was make a general statement about my thoughts on this forum, which led to you and Wes getting bent out of shape and flinging insults my way.
    Call it what you will — sure, I’m trolling, whatever. But all I did was ask you in no uncertain terms why you think anyone here would care to hear you brag about why you visit a forum you deem the “absolute worst” — hardly my getting bent out of shape. Just a direct question (and, face it, a post not unlike just about every post you do make). It certainly triggered you, though. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Then again, you are the super sensitive guy who swore off ballparks because someone gave you a hard time about not standing at attention for the anthem.
    Yeah, I kind of figured that you would haul this one out of your ad hominum storage bin, sort of like dbroncs likes to note from time to time that I am on the government tit (as if somehow that validates whatever snide remarks you two are making at the time). Too bad in this case you don’t have your facts right.

Back on topic: the next president has a mighty task before her, and given the how deep those trenches are that have been dug in over the course of the last two decades, I doubt she’ll be able to do so on the domestic front. And as I have said elsewhere, Trump — in all of his crass bloviating — is simply serving to run interference for the real problem, centrally located at this juncture in the US Senate.

Call it what you will — sure, I’m trolling, whatever. But all I did was ask you in no uncertain terms why you think anyone here would care to hear you brag about why you visit a forum you deem the “absolute worst” — hardly my getting bent out of shape. Just a direct question (and, face it, a post not unlike just about every post you do make). It certainly triggered you, though. LOL

Yeah, I kind of figured that you would haul this one out of your ad hominum storage bin, sort of like dbroncs likes to note from time to time that I am on the government tit (as if somehow that validates whatever snide remarks you two are making at the time). Too bad in this case you don’t have your facts right.

Back on topic: the next president has a mighty task before her, and given the how deep those trenches are that have been dug in over the course of the last two decades, I doubt she’ll be able to do so on the domestic front. And as I have said elsewhere, Trump — in all of his crass bloviating — is simply serving to run interference for the real problem, centrally located at this juncture in the US Senate.
    Why are you on govt assistance?

Why are you on govt assistance?
    Pretty simple. I am just shy of 70, and I draw Social Security (a program to which I contributed for almost 50 years), which I supplement with a part-time job.

David SirotaVerified account
    @davidsirota

Now: @BernieSanders' speechwriter;
    some continue to spread this despite it being proven to not be true.

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Either care about all of it like a decent human being or shut the **** up and stop selective outrage based on whether it serves your political purposes.

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome
    the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

Pretty simple. I am just shy of 70, and I draw Social Security (a program to which I contributed for almost 50 years), which I supplement with a part-time job.
    How is a social security payment from a plan you paid into "government assistance?" Or drawing from the government tit.

You paid it, you earned it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    How is a social security payment from a plan you paid into "government assistance?" Or drawing from the government tit.

You paid it, you earned it.
    According to AARP “The fact is that Social Security is based on a "pay-as-you-go" system. The taxes that are paid by people who are working today provide the benefits that go to people who are retired. The Social Security taxes I paid during my career helped pay for the benefits received by my retired mother and father. And today, the Social Security taxes paid by my children are helping to pay for the Social Security benefits I receive each month.“

According to AARP “The fact is that Social Security is based on a "pay-as-you-go" system. The taxes that are paid by people who are working today provide the benefits that go to people who are retired. The Social Security taxes I paid during my career helped pay for the benefits received by my retired mother and father. And today, the Social Security taxes paid by my children are helping to pay for the Social Security benefits I receive each month.“
    Got it.

But that in no way is "government assistance" to you.