Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 357 of 388 FirstFirst ... 257307347355356357358359367 ... LastLast
Results 5,341 to 5,355 of 5817
  1. #5341
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    9,979
    Don't encourage him. He just seeking attention.

  2. #5342
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    42,970
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Changes to the country are big, long term things. IIRC, you admitted his long term effects are not significant yet. But do you really not understand the difference between "change the country" and "ability to change things is small" and "everything is exactly the same"?

    If someone took the tip off your penis the change to your life would be small but I doubt you would say "everything is exactly the same".
    WTF!!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  3. #5343
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    42,970
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Because I was betting that you’d flip out and come back with an asinine response...and you did.

    And are you really that pathetic that you have to troll around a forum to entertain yourself, and by belittling others at that?
    He doesn’t have to. He enjoys it. There is a difference


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  4. #5344
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    42,970
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Don't encourage him. He just seeking attention.
    You’re just jealous


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  5. #5345
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    5,744
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    He doesn’t have to. He enjoys it. There is a difference
    Let me see if I have this right. You are saying he is not compelled to troll — or as he first put it “to laugh at people” — he chooses to troll?

    And Scoots, what’s with the penis thing?

  6. #5346
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    44,442
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Let me see if I have this right. You are saying he is not compelled to troll — or as he first put it “to laugh at people” — he chooses to troll?
    You're the one that said you basically trolled me to get a reaction (again: so darned clever!). All I did was make a general statement about my thoughts on this forum, which led to you and Wes getting bent out of shape and flinging insults my way.

    Pretty funny that you two equate me finding humor in the mundane to trolling or insulting. Then again, you are the super sensitive guy who swore off ballparks because someone gave you a hard time about not standing at attention for the anthem.

    Maybe you should think about lightening (and/or even lighting) up.

    "there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

  7. #5347
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    29,995
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Yes, I agree with you on those things that have always been here, but his validation of certain things has repress us from solving our problems. When it comes to climate change, if a moderate democrat wins, our ability to deal with climate change could be set back another decade when it will be too late accord to climate scientists who don't work for big oil.

    You agree with me that he has the power to change political, public and (forgive me, but I must add foreign) discourse. Where we disagree is how powerful that ability is. Sometimes what a president doesn't validate, from his pulpit, can bring great harm to people even over a short period of time. Ask the Kurds about this when it comes to our commitment to our allies. That will affect our ability to gain alliances in trouble regions in the future. How can foreign governments trust American alliances or treaties if the next president can revoke or amend that agreement?

    It isn't about just the legislative ability he doesn't have, but the moral compass he is supposed to set for the nation as a whole. JFK set the Liberal tone about civil rights. FDR has great influences on the Progressive agenda.

    I don't see the Republicans going back to anything because I don't see it now. From past events, I can see them doubling down or getting more entrenched in Trumpism. Those who could have made those changes are either dead, Sen. McCain or left the party. We already got posters here who are willing to overlook his flaws because he stands with them or they totally despise the democrat, moderates and progressives alike. The republican party has lost a generation thanks to Trump. I don't see the republicans embracing diversity, climate change or anything they didn't champion before Trump. That is a helluva change that can only occur over a generation.

    The damage he has done will have a long effect on our alliances, climate change attitudes (no I won't say mindset )and social discourse.
    I agree. The discourse is what the president is to blame for, no question.

    Whoever is president next will likely not have a majority in both legislative bodies and will thus be legislatively innefective too, but homefully the debate gets better.

    As for long lasting effect of Trump's speech ... it took all of about a week to erase the tone from Obama, and Obama did such a good job in his first month he got a Nobel prize. Clearly it's not THAT hard to change what we are talking about.

  8. #5348
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    29,995
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    WTF!!
    Just illustrating the difference between small changes and everything being exactly the same.

  9. #5349
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    5,744
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    You're the one that said you basically trolled me to get a reaction (again: so darned clever!). All I did was make a general statement about my thoughts on this forum, which led to you and Wes getting bent out of shape and flinging insults my way.
    Call it what you will — sure, I’m trolling, whatever. But all I did was ask you in no uncertain terms why you think anyone here would care to hear you brag about why you visit a forum you deem the “absolute worst” — hardly my getting bent out of shape. Just a direct question (and, face it, a post not unlike just about every post you do make). It certainly triggered you, though. LOL

    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Then again, you are the super sensitive guy who swore off ballparks because someone gave you a hard time about not standing at attention for the anthem.
    Yeah, I kind of figured that you would haul this one out of your ad hominum storage bin, sort of like dbroncs likes to note from time to time that I am on the government tit (as if somehow that validates whatever snide remarks you two are making at the time). Too bad in this case you don’t have your facts right.

    Back on topic: the next president has a mighty task before her, and given the how deep those trenches are that have been dug in over the course of the last two decades, I doubt she’ll be able to do so on the domestic front. And as I have said elsewhere, Trump — in all of his crass bloviating — is simply serving to run interference for the real problem, centrally located at this juncture in the US Senate.

  10. #5350
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    42,970
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Call it what you will — sure, I’m trolling, whatever. But all I did was ask you in no uncertain terms why you think anyone here would care to hear you brag about why you visit a forum you deem the “absolute worst” — hardly my getting bent out of shape. Just a direct question (and, face it, a post not unlike just about every post you do make). It certainly triggered you, though. LOL



    Yeah, I kind of figured that you would haul this one out of your ad hominum storage bin, sort of like dbroncs likes to note from time to time that I am on the government tit (as if somehow that validates whatever snide remarks you two are making at the time). Too bad in this case you don’t have your facts right.

    Back on topic: the next president has a mighty task before her, and given the how deep those trenches are that have been dug in over the course of the last two decades, I doubt she’ll be able to do so on the domestic front. And as I have said elsewhere, Trump — in all of his crass bloviating — is simply serving to run interference for the real problem, centrally located at this juncture in the US Senate.
    Why are you on govt assistance?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  11. #5351
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    5,744
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Why are you on govt assistance?
    Pretty simple. I am just shy of 70, and I draw Social Security (a program to which I contributed for almost 50 years), which I supplement with a part-time job.

  12. #5352
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    22,738
    David SirotaVerified account
    @davidsirota

    Now: @BernieSanders' speechwriter;
    some continue to spread this despite it being proven to not be true.

    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Either care about all of it like a decent human being or shut the **** up and stop selective outrage based on whether it serves your political purposes.

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome
    the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

  13. #5353
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    4,140
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Pretty simple. I am just shy of 70, and I draw Social Security (a program to which I contributed for almost 50 years), which I supplement with a part-time job.
    How is a social security payment from a plan you paid into "government assistance?" Or drawing from the government tit.

    You paid it, you earned it.

  14. #5354
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    5,744
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    How is a social security payment from a plan you paid into "government assistance?" Or drawing from the government tit.

    You paid it, you earned it.
    According to AARP “The fact is that Social Security is based on a "pay-as-you-go" system. The taxes that are paid by people who are working today provide the benefits that go to people who are retired. The Social Security taxes I paid during my career helped pay for the benefits received by my retired mother and father. And today, the Social Security taxes paid by my children are helping to pay for the Social Security benefits I receive each month.“

  15. #5355
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    4,140
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    According to AARP “The fact is that Social Security is based on a "pay-as-you-go" system. The taxes that are paid by people who are working today provide the benefits that go to people who are retired. The Social Security taxes I paid during my career helped pay for the benefits received by my retired mother and father. And today, the Social Security taxes paid by my children are helping to pay for the Social Security benefits I receive each month.“
    Got it.

    But that in no way is "government assistance" to you.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •