Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 443 of 593 FirstFirst ... 343393433441442443444445453493543 ... LastLast
Results 6,631 to 6,645 of 8895
    Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    I can't wait until Mayor Twink's puppetmasters rig the primary for him. When the Berniebros complain the media will call them 'bigoted homophobes.' You really hate to see it. Personally I think ManRam must answer for the Matthew Shepard tragedy - I have never heard ManRam disavow that incident.
    I have no idea what's going on here....
    PSD'S RESIDENT BERNIE BROTHER

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Hmm, I wonder if anyone else got elected with a cult of personality and no real accomplishments that you could also direct this concern towards?
    If you have someone in mind, why not just say so.

Anyways, just popping in to say Michael Bloomberg sucks **** and any Democrat who endorses Bloomberg should be put on a list and primaried with every bit of organizing force there is.

The ramifications of a Republican buying his way to the Dem nomination can not be underscored.

I'm excited for the next debate, for once. We're, again, going to learn a lot. Like: Warren. Bloomberg gave/gives her the PERFECT target to refocus her campaign again and highlight her fight against corruption, wealth, inequality and so on. If she keeps focusing on "but the Bernie bros" and less on that, well....

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Sluggo for prez! [emoji631]
    Wouldn't work.

I'm not a particularly good looking guy and have little charisma. Also not good at speaking in public.

My ideas and views are sound though.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Thanks for trying
    You don't get it and you never will.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Enlightened centrist.
    I try. Left of center, but not far left

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    If the primary selling point for having a businessman in office is they will be good with money, does the current President counter that narrative at all? Our spending is extremely high and we are running near trillion dollar deficits every year. And this is during a strong economy. Our "good with money" businessman has been among the worst Presidents financially in modern times in terms of the Government's budget.
    A perfect example of why we have to fix the system.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    That implies that "business people" are successful in and of themselves when it could just as reasonably be that they got lucky with the staff they hired, and that their business success has nearly nothing to do with their actions.

I have no specific issue with business people in public office, I just don't get why people assume they will be good at being a politician just because they were "in business". Steve Jobs would likely have been terrible in politics, he routinely failed in the politics of managing the company he started, but he was absolutely brilliant in other important aspects.
    Luck is a situational and short term event. Anyone that is successful in the long haul is way more that lucky.

Case in point: my largest client……I took over a failing business that has this account as a small insignificant client. We developed that account into a major client and big money maker. The luck: the business I took over got my foot in the door with this client. Long hail: the success is a on me.

Consider: AOC, in one of her brilliant moves, drove Amazon out of her district costing thousands of jobs and billions in development for her constituents. Her penalty…zippo. A businessman makes a mistake like that and he pays for it. May even be out of business. AOC is plain stupid where the business man would have handled it differently.

Got any boondoogles in your district? Building that wasn't necessary that a politician had erected, (Tampa has an publicly funded aquarium that no one goes to)? What happened to the offending politician…nothing. And he/she is spending money foolishly that isn't theirs.y. A businessman would see these projects differently.

Bottom line here is that I would not short sell a businessman running for office.

But feel free to do what you want.

Successful businessmen are great at exploiting labor and stealing profits from the working class. Those types have been in charge of this country for a very long time and look at how said working class has been left behind. As their power and wealth just continues to skyrocket. All the while convincing little rubes like Sluggo that we shouldn't ever expect anything more and should just accept it all. No reason to want anything good from the government or our tax payer dollars. We have tax cuts to give the rich and wars to fight! America!

Injuries led Luck to being a short term event

"The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.”

-JFK

Polls never lie.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Quote Originally Posted by Walter_White View Post
    Bernie has the strongest support from those least likely to vote. Him winning is not guaranteed

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Polls never lie.
    Do you think this one is lying?

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    Successful businessmen are great at exploiting labor and stealing profits from the working class. Those types have been in charge of this country for a very long time and look at how said working class has been left behind. As their power and wealth just continues to skyrocket. All the while convincing little rubes like Sluggo that we shouldn't ever expect anything more and should just accept it all. No reason to want anything good from the government or our tax payer dollars. We have tax cuts to give the rich and wars to fight! America!
    Yeah. You're right.

What I neglected to tell you in that other story is that after I took over that other business, I beat the owner into signing a sweetheart deal for me, foreclosed on his home and sold his entire family into slavery. I made a fortune that I quickly invested in to slum living for the poor.

It's the American way.

Pass the wine.