Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 442 of 584 FirstFirst ... 342392432440441442443444452492542 ... LastLast
Results 6,616 to 6,630 of 8747
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Why do people think businessmen would make good federal politicians? If it's about the money, then let's just have a balanced budget amendment and we can move on from that aspect.
    Because people think selfishly and believe someone that can manipulate others to make a buck is going to be good for their 401k.

It’s the same goddamned problem that’s turned my entire family’s intellectual capacity into a bowl of tapioca pudding.

Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    Because people think selfishly and believe someone that can manipulate others to make a buck is going to be good for their 401k.

It’s the same goddamned problem that’s turned my entire family’s intellectual capacity into a bowl of tapioca pudding.
    I don't think it's about "making a buck", but maybe saving a buck. I do think the budget includes a lot of misguided waste, but I wouldn't assume a former CEO would solve that issue.

Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    Bezos 2024: Because those doors in the White House won’t turn themselves into desks!

Bezos 2024: Younger. Whiter. Richer.

Bezos 2024: Introducing IRS Prime!

Bezos 2024: UNLEEEMITED POWAAHHHHH
    This sounds like IKEA 2024.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

I’m fully onboard for IRS prime. Whatever streamlines this BS process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    I’m fully onboard for IRS prime. Whatever streamlines this BS process.

I would pay for IRS Prime if it came with constant streaming in the White House.

Why do people think businessmen would make good federal politicians? If it's about the money, then let's just have a balanced budget amendment and we can move on from that aspect.
    I'll try to explain it to you (for what little good it will do here).

Successful business people have actually "done things." They've met a payroll, employed people, created a product or service, negotiated leases or built buildings (not so easy to do), interacted with local politics, followed rules and laws etc. In short, they have life experiences.

Additionally, if they are running for office of any kind, that would be an indication that the business they have created is successful in that they have the time to run for office. In most businesses, the owners has little time for things like politics other than voting.

It doesn't take all that much to become a representative in the house. All you really need to get elected to the house is time and a little backing. This is because the group that elects you is very small as it the area in which they campaign. Voters often elects people that are like them (same race, same economic level etc.). All you need to do is be well spoken and promise to "give back to the people what they deserve" "reduce taxes" "bring down the establishment" "stick it to the rich" and other platitudes that never happen. It's why so many representatives are pretty much useless and just do what they are told by the party elders once they get to DC. AOC and Omar are prime examples of this. They have done next to nothing but got elected based on personality and appearance rather than ability. There are others like this, I am sure.

Senators must appeal to a far more broad population…not just the big city liberals but also the country bumpkins and near city suburbanites. It's why they are far more polished than the reps and usually come from having attained far more experience and success. They've rubbed elbows with the right people coming up the line, have more business savvy and generally know their way around life in general. In short…business people who know the ropes.

Successful business people know that they can't solve a problem by throwing money at it. If they have employees with financial issues, they can't solve that by simply raising salaries (what the inexperienced reps would suggest). They can solve it by running a successful business and promoting the better employees into better paying positions. This is what works…not just dumping money into a situation to solve it. People need to solve their own problems by making themselves worth more and not exacerbating their problems by living foolishly.

Given a successful business person or some community loudmouth…I vote for the business person every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Successful business people know that they can't solve a problem by throwing money at it...They can solve it by running a successful business and promoting the better employees into better paying positions.
    I can see it much more clearly now.

Successful business people have actually "done things." They've met a payroll, employed people, created a product or service, negotiated leases or built buildings (not so easy to do), interacted with local politics, followed rules and laws etc. In short, they have life experiences.

Additionally, if they are running for office of any kind, that would be an indication that the business they have created is successful in that they have the time to run for office. In most businesses, the owners has little time for things like politics other than voting.

It doesn't take all that much to become a representative in the house. All you really need to get elected to the house is time and a little backing. This is because the group that elects you is very small as it the area in which they campaign. Voters often elects people that are like them (same race, same economic level etc.). All you need to do is be well spoken and promise to "give back to the people what they deserve" "reduce taxes" "bring down the establishment" "stick it to the rich" and other platitudes that never happen. It's why so many representatives are pretty much useless and just do what they are told by the party elders once they get to DC. AOC and Omar are prime examples of this. They have done next to nothing but got elected based on personality and appearance rather than ability. There are others like this, I am sure.

Senators must appeal to a far more broad population…not just the big city liberals but also the country bumpkins and near city suburbanites. It's why they are far more polished than the reps and usually come from having attained far more experience and success. They've rubbed elbows with the right people coming up the line, have more business savvy and generally know their way around life in general. In short…business people who know the ropes.

Successful business people know that they can't solve a problem by throwing money at it. If they have employees with financial issues, they can't solve that by simply raising salaries (what the inexperienced reps would suggest). They can solve it by running a successful business and promoting the better employees into better paying positions. This is what works…not just dumping money into a situation to solve it. People need to solve their own problems by making themselves worth more and not exacerbating their problems by living foolishly.

Given a successful business person or some community loudmouth…I vote for the business person every time.
    Hmm, I wonder if anyone else got elected with a cult of personality and no real accomplishments that you could also direct this concern towards?
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Thanks for trying
    Last edited by ewing; 02-18-2020 at 12:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Hmm, I wonder if anyone else got elected with a cult of personality and no real accomplishments that you could also direct this concern towards?
    Whatabout

That implies that "business people" are successful in and of themselves when it could just as reasonably be that they got lucky with the staff they hired, and that their business success has nearly nothing to do with their actions.

I have no specific issue with business people in public office, I just don't get why people assume they will be good at being a politician just because they were "in business". Steve Jobs would likely have been terrible in politics, he routinely failed in the politics of managing the company he started, but he was absolutely brilliant in other important aspects.

Whatabout
    Enlightened centrist.

If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

If the primary selling point for having a businessman in office is they will be good with money, does the current President counter that narrative at all? Our spending is extremely high and we are running near trillion dollar deficits every year. And this is during a strong economy. Our "good with money" businessman has been among the worst Presidents financially in modern times in terms of the Government's budget.

. You can be an SOB tyrant and be a successful businessman, I don't think it wears well in the political world.Trump and Bloomberg for a example
    Last edited by WES445; 02-18-2020 at 02:07 PM.

Sluggo for prez! [emoji631]

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"