Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 436 of 583 FirstFirst ... 336386426434435436437438446486536 ... LastLast
Results 6,526 to 6,540 of 8734
  1. #6526
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    10,600
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Amy said there was room for pro-life people in the Democratic party, you added "rabid" to it. My point is that is just one position and is not necessarily enough to exclude them from a party. You know there are many many black Republicans right? They are not turned away for their skin color.

    Yes, I understand that there are rabid people, but I don't assume everyone has to agree on all the issues in order to fight together on the things they do agree on. Do you honestly think today's Democratic party and all the members agree with you on all of your "rabid" beliefs? If your answer is yes then I suspect you are deluding yourself, if your answer is no, then why can't pro-life people be included?
    Why are you trying to paint me the bad guy? I could give two craps if they join the party and support different causes within the party. WHAT I AM SAYING if you are rabid about your issues why would you come into a party that won't champion your causes? Where you won't have alliances to support you. A pro-lifer is free to join the democrat party, but I seriously doubt they will find support for their cause within the democrat party. I, being rabid about my issues, couldn't walk that walk.

    As to Blacks within the Republican party, it doesn't bother me any, it is on them to be in a party that will never champion the issues concerning the communities they come. Black issues may not concern them to the point they don't expect or even want their party to push to resolve them. cool. All the time I have been here I may have talked trash about them once or twice if I were in that mood, but otherwise, I don't care. Once again being rabid about my issues, I could never be in this party especially one who feels comfortable with their racist element.

    Why join a political party if they don't support and championing your issues? Join a GLee club or sports team bar.
    Last edited by WES445; 02-15-2020 at 02:05 PM.

  2. #6527
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    91,953
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I literally said that his policies are not socialist in the 3rd sentence.
    So how you can he is a socialist if none of his policies are? You do realize how that sounds. Right?

  3. #6528
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    31,134
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Why are you trying to paint me the bad guy? I could give two craps if they join the party and support different causes within the party. WHAT I AM SAYING if you are rabid about your issues why would you come into a party that won't champion your causes? Where you won't have alliances to support you. A pro-lifer is free to join the democrat party, but I seriously doubt they will find support for their cause within the democrat party. I, being rabid about my issues, couldn't walk that walk.

    As to Blacks within the Republican party, it doesn't bother me any, it is on them to be in a party that will never champion the issues concerning the communities they come. Black issues may not concern them to the point they don't expect or even want their party to push to resolve them. cool. All the time I have been here I may have talked trash about them once or twice if I were in that mood, but otherwise, I don't care. Once again being rabid about my issues, I could never be in this party especially one who feels comfortable with their racist element.

    Why join a political party if they don't support and championing your issues? Join a GLee club or sports team bar.
    I'm not painting you at all. Amy said pro-life people could be democrats and you say NO! That's what I had to go on, and I was sincerely not getting through to you that they could join the Dems for other reasons than the abortion issue.

    You "couldn't walk that walk" which, again, implies you either agree with everything everyone else in the Dem party thinks, or, in fact, you can walk that walk.

    So, you've said you are a Dem ... does the party agree with you 100%? If not, based on your last sentence, it seems you will be quitting the party soon.

    You take these absolute positions, but the only way they make sense is if you think your party will always agree with you on every issue. I just think you could ease up a bit and understand that there are a million shades of grey, and most people don't have the opportunity for such black and white views/beliefs.

  4. #6529
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    31,134
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    So how you can he is a socialist if none of his policies are? You do realize how that sounds. Right?
    I can be an anarchist and write policies that have a chance of passing that have no element of anarchy in them. Bernie's been a socialist for 50 years ... the fact that he's not pushing a socialist agenda doesn't mean those are not still his core beliefs.

  5. #6530
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    10,600
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I'm not painting you at all. Amy said pro-life people could be democrats and you say NO! That's what I had to go on, and I was sincerely not getting through to you that they could join the Dems for other reasons than the abortion issue.
    I don't know where you get this from. Look, when all the die-hard pro-lifer answer Amy invite and come running in mass into the democrat party, you have my word I won't say a thing... You will let me know when the stampede will begin, won't you?

    You "couldn't walk that walk" which, again, implies you either agree with everything everyone else in the Dem party thinks, or, in fact, you can walk that walk
    Once again this is a separate argument being why join a party that won't champion your issues, some can but I can't walk that walk. It only implies my constitutional right to join whichever party I want and for any reason I want. Seriously, you have a problem with that?
    So, you've said you are a Dem ... does the party agree with you 100%? If not, based on your last sentence, it seems you will be quitting the party soon.
    If the party drift to Bloomberg as a presidential candidate I will. I am not alone in this, many in the progressive wing feel this way and it would not be the first time a democrat declares themselves an Independent. It isn't about 100% on one issue, but a large list of issues from criminal justice, environmental to medical for all. Bloomberg flunks all of these. And why would you find a problem with that?
    /
    You take these absolute positions, but the only way they make sense is if you think your party will always agree with you on every issue. I just think you could ease up a bit and understand that there are a million shades of grey, and most people don't have the opportunity for such black and white views/beliefs.
    I don't think you have read any of my post that states my many positions. What separates me from the pro-lifer is that I don't believe in legislating religious dogma on non-believers. I believe in maintaining the separation of religion from the government like our founding father set down. I and my family are religious and don't believe in abortion, but I will not support anyone who would force it on others with laws. They can ride with me in the party, but I would never support those causes. Many non-religious and those from various non-christian and Christians religions within the party agree with that as well. I guess you have a problem with that as well?
    Last edited by WES445; 02-15-2020 at 07:59 PM.

  6. #6531
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    31,134
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    I don't know where you get this from. Look, when all the die-hard pro-lifer answer Amy invite and come running in mass into the democrat party, you have my word I won't say a thing... You will let me know when the stampede will begin, won't you?Once again this is a separate argument being why join a party that won't champion your issues, some can but I can't walk that walk. It only implies my constitutional right to join whichever party I want and for any reason I want. Seriously, you have a problem with that? If the party drift to Bloomberg as a presidential candidate I will. I am not alone in this, many in the progressive wing feel this way and it would not be the first time a democrat declares themselves an Independent. It isn't about 100% on one issue, but a large list of issues from criminal justice, environmental to medical for all. Bloomberg flunks all of these. And why would you find a problem with that?

    I don't think you have read any of my post that states my many positions. What separates me from the pro-lifer is that I don't believe in legislating religious dogma on non-believers. I believe in maintaining the separation of religion from the government like our founding father set down. I and my family are religious and don't believe in abortion, but I will not support anyone who would force it on others with laws. They can ride with me in the party, but I would never support those causes. Many non-religious and those from various non-christian and Christians religions within the party agree with that as well. I guess you have a problem with that as well?
    Why do you say "hard core" and "rabid"? That was added by you, not me and not Amy.

    And once again, I've never had a party I agreed with 100% and yet I managed to join one. The only way to join a party that agrees with you 100% is to be in a party of 1 person.

    If you become an independent? I don't get, based on what you keep saying, how you can be a mamber of any party.

    You are making sweeping statements about all pro-life people which are not true, and you are making blanket statements about only joining parties you agree with 100% which, for anyone but you apparently, is not possible.

  7. #6532
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    10,600
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Why do you say "hard core" and "rabid"? That was added by you, not me and not Amy.

    And once again, I've never had a party I agreed with 100% and yet I managed to join one. The only way to join a party that agrees with you 100% is to be in a party of 1 person.

    If you become an independent? I don't get, based on what you keep saying, how you can be a mamber of any party.

    You are making sweeping statements about all pro-life people which are not true, and you are making blanket statements about only joining parties you agree with 100% which, for anyone but you apparently, is not possible.
    What is untrue with their desire to make abortion illegal? That is what I mean by hard-core and rabid. No compromise no budging on the issues. They want theirs, no one else, religion reflected in government laws. Why do you not know this?

    If the party nominated Bloomberg, who is against a large majority of my issues, why should I stay? I watch my schools and neighborhood deteriorate from what they once were. It seems a party under Bloomberg will be ok with mass incarceration and the lead in Flint water supplies. Did you know that there is a 50% increase in the need for special education for children in Flint because of that lead poisoning? Guess what's being cut, special ed. These kids, who need have never been met, will probably be incarcerated for mental problems and violent crimes when they get older and the water in Flint will still not be ***=king fix, thus creating a repeated cycle in that black community. That covers infrastructure not being fix, educational needs not being given, and more people being throw in prison due to conditions beyond their control. See, I am not a one-trick pony for a reason. Is this something to get rabid mad about?

    Why should I be in a party that doesn't address my needs or hears my community voice? It's a good chance that Bloomberg would want Blacks to be stop and frisk nationwide and fingerprinted because God know those people are troublesome.

    You know what is a constant thread in my family's stories about my grand and great grandparent times. That some whites feel that Blacks should be seen and managed and not allow to run their mouths.

    Bloomberg is that type of person. So, if he is in, I am out.
    Last edited by WES445; 02-15-2020 at 08:40 PM.

  8. #6533
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Bloomington, IL
    Posts
    4,918
    I hope Bloomberg does indeed team up with Hillary. That'd be hilarious. I've said before I planned to vote Trump out regardless of the candidate. I'm going to have to amend that. I'll abandon politics all together if Bloomberg/Clinton is the ticket they give us 2020.

  9. #6534
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    31,134
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    What is untrue with their desire to make abortion illegal? That is what I mean by hard-core and rabid. No compromise no budging on the issues. They want theirs, no one else, religion reflected in government laws. Why do you not know this?

    If the party nominated Bloomberg, who is against a large majority of my issues, why should I stay? I watch my schools and neighborhood deteriorate from what they once were. It seems a party under Bloomberg will be ok with mass incarceration and the lead in Flint water supplies. Did you know that there is a 50% increase in the need for special education for children in Flint because of that lead poisoning? Guess what's being cut, special ed. These kids, who need have never been met, will probably be incarcerated for mental problems and violent crimes when they get older and the water in Flint will still not be ***=king fix, thus creating a repeated cycle in that black community. That covers infrastructure not being fix, educational needs not being given, and more people being throw in prison due to conditions beyond their control. See, I am not a one-trick pony for a reason. Is this something to get rabid mad about?

    Why should I be in a party that doesn't address my needs or hears my community voice? It's a good chance that Bloomberg would want Blacks to be stop and frisk nationwide and fingerprinted because God know those people are troublesome.

    You know what is a constant thread in my family's stories about my grand and great grandparent times. That some whites feel that Blacks should be seen and managed and not allow to run their mouths.

    Bloomberg is that type of person. So, if he is in, I am out.
    Because it's not true? There are people who don't like abortion for the same reason they don't like to eat meat. They don't want things to be cavalierly killed. It's not just religion. And regardless, how can you not see that people don't all have to agree on all subects to work together on others?

    How did this become about Bloomberg?

    I don't care one way or another what party you are a part of, but it's your argument that any disagreement between a person and a party means they should not be invited to the party. That is my issue. There are few people who share all views with a party and yet there are millions in the parties. It's a simple concept to me that people can be in a party even when they don't agree on all issues with that party. That seems to be something you can't comprehend.

    Like I said, if a person is pro-life, but also shares most of their viewpoints with the Democratic party why not welcome them?

    To use one of your examples ... there are a lot of black people who are pro-life. Should they be excluded from the Democratic party for that one belief?

  10. #6535
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    45,700
    What makes it funnier/odder is that WES himself says he "doesn't believe in abortion" while being a Democrat, yet still seemingly doesn't get it.

    "there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

  11. #6536
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    10,600
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Because it's not true? There are people who don't like abortion for the same reason they don't like to eat meat. They don't want things to be cavalierly killed. It's not just religion. And regardless, how can you not see that people don't all have to agree on all subects to work together on others?

    How did this become about Bloomberg?

    I don't care one way or another what party you are a part of, but it's your argument that any disagreement between a person and a party means they should not be invited to the party. That is my issue. There are few people who share all views with a party and yet there are millions in the parties. It's a simple concept to me that people can be in a party even when they don't agree on all issues with that party. That seems to be something you can't comprehend.

    Like I said, if a person is pro-life, but also shares most of their viewpoints with the Democratic party why not welcome them?

    To use one of your examples ... there are a lot of black people who are pro-life. Should they be excluded from the Democratic party for that one belief?
    Jesus you are dense. I spent numerous post saying I AM NOT AGAINST THEM BEING IN THE PARTY, I only question why they want to be in a party that will not be championing their issue. IF THEY WANT TO JOIN AND FIGHT WITH US ON OUR ISSUES BUT NOT THEIR. COOL

    Your oversimplification of the abortion issues shows you don't know jack about the moral majority agenda. It is about religion. I can't continue this, lets just agree to disagree
    Last edited by WES445; 02-15-2020 at 09:36 PM.

  12. #6537
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    31,134
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Jesus you are dense. I spent numerous post saying I AM NOT AGAINST THEM BEING IN THE PARTY, I only question why they want to be in a party that will not be championing their issue. IF THEY WANT TO JOIN AND FIGHT WITH US ON OUR ISSUES BUT NOT THEIR. COOL

    Your oversimplification of the abortion issues shows you don't know jack about the moral majority agenda. It is about religion. I can't continue this, lets just agree to disagree
    You brought this whole thing up saying pro-life people had no part in the Dem party like Amy suggested. I'm glad you've come around to my point of view.

    I didn't say anything about the moral majority agenda, nor have a simplified the abortion issue.

  13. #6538
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    10,600
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    You brought this whole thing up saying pro-life people had no part in the Dem party like Amy suggested. I'm glad you've come around to my point of view.

    I didn't say anything about the moral majority agenda, nor have a simplified the abortion issue.
    This was all a ego thing on your part wow
    Last edited by WES445; 02-15-2020 at 10:11 PM.

  14. #6539
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    10,600
    I hope you don't mind If I don't answer any of your posts in the future.

  15. #6540
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Bloomington, IL
    Posts
    4,918
    So I'm pretty sure CNN won't attack Bloomberg on all his sexism and racism at this next debate. They'd love for him to be in office. But the other candidates, specifically Warren and Bernie, really need to go after him and point out what a piece of **** he is. I'm sad there are going to be a bunch of dems ready to argue that our racist sexist basically republican billionare is better the this other racist sexist republican billionaire. Hell, i'm not convinced Bloomberg wouldn't be worse then Trump, just because he's actually competent.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •