Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 957 of 1218 FirstFirst ... 45785790794795595695795895996710071057 ... LastLast
Results 14,341 to 14,355 of 18261
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Perfect example of this is the black guy running against Wacky Maxine in LA and the Black woman running in Balto.

I get the African Americans would way more likely vote for a black candidate. I get that and there is nothing wrong with that.

But the two districts I mentioned……one is represented for forever by a screwball loudmouth that has done nothing for her district and the district is just a ghetto. In Balto, the late Elijah Cummings presided over the district for years and also did nothing. It was a slum.

But next week, they will probably vote strict democrat. Why not try the other party…they're putting up black people too that seem pretty dignified and capable. Why not give them a shot??? What is to lose??? Those neighborhoods cannot get any worse.
    on a state level, I see things here that just make me shake my head, but apparently isn't at all unusual

People can only be in elected positions for 2 terms, but that doesn't prevent them from running for other positions. So for example, in 2018 our State Treasurer ran for State Auditor because he'd been Treasurer for 8 years. But he'd run for Treasurer after being Auditor for 8 years before that. The 2 offices are literally side by side in the Capital and there's a good chance he'll run for Treasurer in 2026. I GUARANTEE a large percentage of voters have no real idea if he's done a good job at EITHER position....they just see his name on the ballot, recognize it, and check the box. And the Auditor's position was only open because the Auditor had his 8 years in there and ran for Secretary of State, which was only vacated because the SoS ran for US House.....so it just ends up largely being a game of musical chairs once they get in.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Perfect example of this is the black guy running against Wacky Maxine in LA and the Black woman running in Balto.

I get the African Americans would way more likely vote for a black candidate. I get that and there is nothing wrong with that.

But the two districts I mentioned……one is represented for forever by a screwball loudmouth that has done nothing for her district and the district is just a ghetto. In Balto, the late Elijah Cummings presided over the district for years and also did nothing. It was a slum.

But next week, they will probably vote strict democrat. Why not try the other party…they're putting up black people too that seem pretty dignified and capable. Why not give them a shot??? What is to lose??? Those neighborhoods cannot get any worse.
    Nice mimicking of Trump.

Abortion is on the ballot people!

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post

Wow. Those mail in ballots are far reaching.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post

It's always on the ballot in one way or another.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    on a state level, I see things here that just make me shake my head, but apparently isn't at all unusual

People can only be in elected positions for 2 terms, but that doesn't prevent them from running for other positions. So for example, in 2018 our State Treasurer ran for State Auditor because he'd been Treasurer for 8 years. But he'd run for Treasurer after being Auditor for 8 years before that. The 2 offices are literally side by side in the Capital and there's a good chance he'll run for Treasurer in 2026. I GUARANTEE a large percentage of voters have no real idea if he's done a good job at EITHER position....they just see his name on the ballot, recognize it, and check the box. And the Auditor's position was only open because the Auditor had his 8 years in there and ran for Secretary of State, which was only vacated because the SoS ran for US House.....so it just ends up largely being a game of musical chairs once they get in.
    Yeah, now that you mention it, we get that here in FL too at the local level. County commishes, then to school boards, or city positions etc. Some run unopposed for some unknown reason.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Because he is very defensive about his world views and ideologies.

He had a black son at one point too..

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    An Italian son?

It's always on the ballot in one way or another.
    Probably because there is a group vowing it's abolishment...

All valid points.
    A 16 year old is probably a better candidate to vote than an outdated racist 60 year old tho.

I wonder if the right tries suppressing that latter groups votes too. Or do they try boosting them, lol!

RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    An Italian son?
    That's what I assumed he meant by black son as well...

Maybe dbroncmo can weigh in. [emoji846]

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    As far as I'm concerned, a voter should have to pass a test showing they're at least somewhat abreast of what's going on before they're allowed to vote.......far too many use their right to vote while having NO idea what's even on the ballot.....so people get re-elected on name recognition alone or whose TV ad they liked.
    It's almost like democracy ain't all that its cracked up to be...

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    It's almost like democracy ain't all that its cracked up to be...

The US form of democracy for sure. The us is nothing more than an oligarchy with the upward mobility of a 3rd world country and nearly 25 percent of the world prison population.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    The US form of democracy for sure. The us is nothing more than an oligarchy with the upward mobility of a 3rd world country and nearly 25 percent of the world prison population.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    I wonder if the US form is the inevitable form for any form of democracy.

I dont know, but the way this country is in all out attack mode against itself, it makes me seriously question some of the basic fundamental aspects of the american system.
    Last edited by nastynice; 10-23-2020 at 08:28 PM.

this whole pandemic is going to end in under 2 weeks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.