Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 416 of 579 FirstFirst ... 316366406414415416417418426466516 ... LastLast
Results 6,226 to 6,240 of 8677
    So it looks like Iowa turnout(around 180k) was up from 2016(160k) but obviously couldn't match 2008 (200k) Lots of talk about matching 2008 so a little disappointing but still a positive? Looks like record youth turnout though. The whole caucus procedure is a bit of a chore. Interested to see how turnout is everywhere else going forward. The key to me is still bringing out the disenfranchised and all those who couldn't be bothered to "vote for the lesser evil" in 2016.

MSNBC reporting that Bernie may pass Pete for the win (not that it matters because even Biden has north of 300 delegates...this is the bs system that allows you to get 4th place but stay in the game)

https://twitter.com/msnbc/status/122...879003136?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feel the bern!

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    If Pete somehow wins the Democratic nomination we'll all be asking this question in due time...

Until then, I'm not going to pretend like Pete isn't a horrible candidate just because Trump exists. I'd be exponentially more disheartened voting for him in November than I was when I voted for Hillary.

Either way, I agree. **** off, Pete!
    He won't **** off. Why do you think a short-term mayor from a small college town has this platform in the first place? It's not because he's some great visionary and it's not because he's being set up to lose and then go away.

I think he originally was set up for a more serious run in 4 or 8 years - they could probably find him an easily bought Senate seat some where in New England (maybe Maine since both Senators have worn out their welcome there). I still think he's a longshot this time because blacks and Hispanics don't like him but maybe he can pray the gay away and the Empire can strike back. But who knows, the DNC is so divided I don't think even the power brokers know exactly how this will play out this year and beyond. I do think they're worried about Bernie fracturing the party, but are they worried enough to rig it against him again?

In any case it's clear Mayor Butt has the Hillary machine behind him, which means the intelligence agencies and the State Dept (which increasingly are the same thing these days).

Quote Originally Posted by Walter_White View Post
    Don't really get the animosity for Pete. I don't support him, and his lack of support among the black vote would be very concerning in the general, but there's a lot of personal animosity towards him that I don't really get. He's still better than Biden.
    I don't understand the psychology of those in my own party. I really don't. I'm not telling person number one that they've got to vote for Pete in the primary or anyone for that matter. I've already made it known a thousand times who I support (Warren for the 1001th time). But when it comes to the general election, you have two choices: whoever wins the Democratic primary and Trump. That's it. No time for "but I wanted this other person to win that didn't". But people in the party are perfectly willing to trash someone here and then not face the reality of the situation when the general election comes around.

I wish we cared as much about winning as the other side does. Because that's why they always get to make the rules and skirt them expecting us to play by them. Trump got acquitted by the senate because Mitch McConnell and the Republicans understand brute force and how to keep it. I just wish we would focus on that so we can make the rules and then be better than them and hold everyone to those standards.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Buttigieg has a bad record with the Blacks in his community during his administration as mayor. Siding with his donors and racist cops to get rid of their Black police chief and ignoring the black cops speaking out against racist actions done by the white cops for a couple of things. This has been blasted all through the progressive news outlets on the internet. Blacks and a lot of the young voters of different ethnic groups won't come out and vote for him with this in his background. In a climate of voting against the same old thing, this won't fly.

Something the mass media doesn't dwell on.
    Last edited by WES445; 02-06-2020 at 10:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I don't understand the psychology of those in my own party. I really don't. I'm not telling person number one that they've got to vote for Pete in the primary or anyone for that matter. I've already made it known a thousand times who I support (Warren for the 1001th time). But when it comes to the general election, you have two choices: whoever wins the Democratic primary and Trump. That's it. No time for "but I wanted this other person to win that didn't". But people in the party are perfectly willing to trash someone here and then not face the reality of the situation when the general election comes around.

I wish we cared as much about winning as the other side does. Because that's why they always get to make the rules and skirt them expecting us to play by them. Trump got acquitted by the senate because Mitch McConnell and the Republicans understand brute force and how to keep it. I just wish we would focus on that so we can make the rules and then be better than them and hold everyone to those standards.
    Sounds like the bs blacks been giving over the last forty-some years and our issues still haven't been addressed but allow to get worse. I answer your last post on the other page, and you still push this idea that we should be team players.

Both the Buttigieg and Warren have people of color on their staff saying they have been marginalized and their policy suggestions ignored by them. Where they there just for window dressing or have their thoughts of making inroad into their community heard and acted on?

Warren's people have left her staff, Pete, I haven't heard further information.

Bernie have taken his people of color very seriously and has always been very vocal supporting black issues throughout his history.

How about taking one for the team and joining someone who is pulling the minority and youth vote needed to win the general elections instead of asking them to support candidates who don't care about their issues purely because they are a democrat or out of fear of another Trump term?
    Last edited by WES445; 02-06-2020 at 11:07 PM.

Hillary going on the attack against Sanders again.

All the more reason to vote Sanders. She, Perez, and the DNC have a real hard-on for Bernie. Perez want a recount of the Iowa vote after it became clear that Sander did well there.
    Last edited by WES445; 02-06-2020 at 11:13 PM.

Bernie pulled the religious (non-Christians) minorities, youth, foreign-born citizens and Latinos voters in Iowa. Those numbers are small in Iowa, but it is still a good indication for upcoming states with higher ethnic and non-Christians minority numbers.

The Muslims foreign-born citizens in Chicago that I know are solid Bernie's supporters. Even though I know only a dozen of them or less, they give the impression that feeling is deep in their communities.
    Last edited by WES445; 02-06-2020 at 11:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sofnr View Post
    So it looks like Iowa turnout(around 180k) was up from 2016(160k) but obviously couldn't match 2008 (200k) Lots of talk about matching 2008 so a little disappointing but still a positive? Looks like record youth turnout though. The whole caucus procedure is a bit of a chore. Interested to see how turnout is everywhere else going forward. The key to me is still bringing out the disenfranchised and all those who couldn't be bothered to "vote for the lesser evil" in 2016.
    It’s a caucus, who cares. Only fanatics show up. New Hampshire turnout will tell us more since it’s a primary.
    "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.”

-JFK

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Bernie pulled the religious (non-Christians) minorities, youth, foreign-born citizens and Latinos voters in Iowa. Those numbers are small in Iowa, but it is still a good indication for upcoming states with higher ethnic and non-Christians minority numbers.

The Muslims foreign-born citizens in Chicago that I know are solid Bernie's supporters. Even though I know only a dozen of them or less, they give the impression that feeling is deep in their communities.
    Must...resist...making...Obama...joke...
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Quote Originally Posted by DeW-Star View Post
    Oh lookie here, looks like maybe Pete didn't actually win Iowa after all.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...-forecast.html
    But he got to pretend like he did for a few days so everyone involved got what they wanted! My tin foil hat is still on slightly. I'm not saying anything was rigged (it wasn't), but there's some shadiness in general and especially around how the reporting has been released. The fact that it's played out this way (Pete claims win, partial results show he might have won, complete results show Sanders won) doesn't help!

Perhaps it was wishful thinking but I expected that Sanders would close or overtake Pete's lead. Sanders now trails the SDE by 0.1% and has opened up a nearly 6,000 first round vote lead over Pete. Pete can have his "win". But Bernie will end up with far more votes, just raised an insane $25M in January and has a much more favorable slate of states coming up than Pete does. I feel as confident as I did before Iowa, and that was already too much confidence for my comfort!

I'm more worried about Bloomberg than Pete. Still more worried about Biden, too.

Hell, even Jason Johnson -- the epitome of MSNBC Neoliberal -- is starting to get it

Of course. Have not listened to yesterday's yet, however.

Anyways, now Tom Perez wants a "recanvass" in Iowa. Not sure why. We can speculate, but whatever. We know that Bernie got the most votes in Iowa, will take a nice chunk of the relatively small amount of Iowa delegates with him, and it's onward and upward.
    Those posts aged awkwardly quick.