Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 415 of 583 FirstFirst ... 315365405413414415416417425465515 ... LastLast
Results 6,211 to 6,225 of 8733
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    But he got to pretend like he did for a few days so everyone involved got what they wanted! My tin foil hat is still on slightly. I'm not saying anything was rigged (it wasn't), but there's some shadiness in general and especially around how the reporting has been released. The fact that it's played out this way (Pete claims win, partial results show he might have won, complete results show Sanders won) doesn't help!

Perhaps it was wishful thinking but I expected that Sanders would close or overtake Pete's lead. Sanders now trails the SDE by 0.1% and has opened up a nearly 6,000 first round vote lead over Pete. Pete can have his "win". But Bernie will end up with far more votes, just raised an insane $25M in January and has a much more favorable slate of states coming up than Pete does. I feel as confident as I did before Iowa, and that was already too much confidence for my comfort!

I'm more worried about Bloomberg than Pete. Still more worried about Biden, too.

Hell, even Jason Johnson -- the epitome of MSNBC Neoliberal -- is starting to get it

You listen to the Chapo Trap House podcast? If not, you should check out their latest one about the Iowa primary and the cluster**** that ensued

I love Bernie right now. Using his press conference to explain how the SDE's work, how the forced changes they made coming into this made it more representative, and even saying while they think they will still pass Pete in SDE's, that it's meaningless because they will both end with the same amount of national delegates.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    You listen to the Chapo Trap House podcast? If not, you should check out their latest one about the Iowa primary and the cluster**** that ensued
    Of course. Have not listened to yesterday's yet, however.

Anyways, now Tom Perez wants a "recanvass" in Iowa. Not sure why. We can speculate, but whatever. We know that Bernie got the most votes in Iowa, will take a nice chunk of the relatively small amount of Iowa delegates with him, and it's onward and upward.
    PSD'S RESIDENT BERNIE BROTHER

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

**** off pete

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Haha. I love Vic Berger.

Hopefully in a few months we can look back at Joe's failed run and have a nice laugh

Quote Originally Posted by FlakeyFool View Post
    **** off pete
    I read statements like this and wonder who will run to replace Trump in 2024...
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I read statements like this and wonder who will run to replace Trump in 2024...
    If Pete somehow wins the Democratic nomination we'll all be asking this question in due time...

Until then, I'm not going to pretend like Pete isn't a horrible candidate just because Trump exists. I'd be exponentially more disheartened voting for him in November than I was when I voted for Hillary.

Either way, I agree. **** off, Pete!

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    If Pete somehow wins the Democratic nomination we'll all be asking this question in due time...

Until then, I'm not going to pretend like Pete isn't a horrible candidate just because Trump exists. I'd be exponentially more disheartened voting for him in November than I was when I voted for Hillary.

Either way, I agree. **** off, Pete!
    Eh. I'm Bernie all the way. But Petes platform is a decent amount left of Hillary, he comes with less baggage, and he could probably energize a base more. No doubt Bernie has pushed him left and I think he'd probably be a typical mod when in office but I'd say he's much more Obama then Hillary.
    Last edited by Sofnr; 02-06-2020 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sofnr View Post
    but I'd say he [Buttigieg is] much more Obama then [sic] Hillary.
    That certainly does not make me any less depressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    That certainly does not make me any less depressed.
    Definitely fair.

Pete will never get the minority vote out to the voting booth. He just doesn't inspire them or the youth vote. He had a Jeb Bush moment during one of his rally where he had to tell his audience to applaud a point he had just made. He just doesn't have that it factor that Obama and Bill Clinton had. Trump will dominate the camera during a one on one debate with Buttigieg.

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Pete will never get the minority vote out to the voting booth. He just doesn't inspire them or the youth vote. He had a Jeb Bush moment during one of his rally where he had to tell his audience to applaud a point he had just made. He just doesn't have that it factor that Obama and Bill Clinton had. Trump will dominate the camera during a one on one debate with Buttigieg.
    No offense, but if the minority vote doesn't come out for Pete if it's him and Trump, then what in the holy hell are they waiting for? I've got to start questioning their sanity if they see the two of them and think that voting against Trump doesn't matter. I don't care if he doesn't excite you or whatever terminology that you want to use. Get to the polls!
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Don't really get the animosity for Pete. I don't support him, and his lack of support among the black vote would be very concerning in the general, but there's a lot of personal animosity towards him that I don't really get. He's still better than Biden.
    "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.”

-JFK

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    No offense, but if the minority vote doesn't come out for Pete if it's him and Trump, then what in the holy hell are they waiting for? I've got to start questioning their sanity if they see the two of them and think that voting against Trump doesn't matter. I don't care if he doesn't excite you or whatever terminology that you want to use. Get to the polls!
    Lack of trust in the political system. From Bill Clinton's "I feel your pain" to Obama's "Yes we can" the political system just in your lifetime had played the Black vote for their own self-serving gains and then do things that harm our community at the worse or ignored at the least. We all agree on the facts that the criminal justice IS screwing blacks, Flint Mich, water IS damaging black children to the point they will never be what they should be and continue to do so, unarmed blacks dead from police misconduct, a school system that de-evolved over the last forty years to the point that they are just warehouse were it's has thirty kids in a classroom and here in Chicago, a history of sexual predations from the adults who should be protecting these kids. I won't go on but add the stories of our parents and grandparents have about politicians, it gets to the point that Blacks are constantly being played around election time and forgotten during the downtime. Even when we protest these conditions we get hate or seen as people who just want to complain about things or don't have American values. Just read Special and Joey's past comments in the black issue thread for the representation of these things or Sluggo's views. We are the haters, slackers, and takers to these guys. The republican party has done their jobs well. Even Biden said that blacks can't raise their children and need the government to send social workers to help us raise our children.

The best tell a politician shows on whether or not they are for us or will ignore us, is how tight they are to the establishment political arena. Harris claims she was apart of the black community, but her record on her job and attitude towards the Black community she served in the past shows she would be fully committed to the government inactivity towards our issues. Pete Buttigieg's action towards his Black police chief during his watch doesn't give us much inspiration towards his campaign.

It has gotten to the point, especially with the internet, if you weren't there before why should Black believe you will be in the future especially with the track record of past politicians. A lot of Blacks agree with the Republicans in their accusation that the democrat party hasn't done anything for us in our everyday life. They know how to hit the right button to depress the democrat vote. It isn't about playing the republican's game but the realization that this is true. What does supreme court position matter when one's kid is scared to go to school, don't trust the cops or the water coming out of your plumbing?

You don't let a woman or man play you for a fool, think what if the system was playing you for a fool going back to your grandparents' and great grandparents' days? Still be willing to vote a person into the office to serve everyone else, himself and not even think about you until the next election when they need a good photo-op?

Then people here wonder why I seem so overly dramatic about things.

Just from Bernie Sanders' history from being arrest in a de-segregation protest here in Chicago and being in MLK protest marches over fifty-some years ago, fighting for reform in the criminal justice system when Hillary was talking about super predator black children, against NAFTA and the appealing of Glas-seagull act and the Iraq invasion, holding the belief in climate change when everyone else was laughing at that notion, he has show a history of being with not only Blacks but the average American. One can't lay the self-serving politician title on him.

So if it ain't Bernie, I will say F' off like these politicians have been saying to us during my lifetime. Let me ask you this, have you heard any other politicians with his record or even talking about these issues I have raised here in this post? Oh, yeah, they give you vague promises with no plan to combat these problems but a lot of rah rah america is a team spew just like before.

I have seen this play over my entire sixty-five years life span, seen a lot of good peoples besides the MLK or RFK get killed trying to change the system and I so tired of it I could cry. But I won't, I will just redraw from the game try to enjoy my last few years of life. I tell my kids to keep trying, but don't be any fool about it. I guess I am the grandparent now with past stories to tell.

Think about breaking that cycle that causes this mistrust instead of supporting the system that encourages it.
    Last edited by WES445; 02-06-2020 at 07:51 PM.