Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 579 of 671 FirstFirst ... 79479529569577578579580581589629 ... LastLast
Results 8,671 to 8,685 of 10059
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Agree with all of this but are you saying Obama was unpopular in 2012?
    Relatively yes, he averaged in the low 40s approval rating by Gallup in the run up to the campaign. He got a boost when voters got a look at his opposition: Mittens Romnulus Saint Patron of Wall Street. Most of what fueled Obama's popularity in his first term was massive bipartisan displeasure with TARP, bailouts, etc. The GOP wisely chose an even bigger puppet of Wall Street in order to beat this very beatable President. It was an even worse decision than the DNC choosing Kerry after they destroyed Dean, who subsequently lost to a similarly unpopular (he averaged about 50% in the run up Gallup daily polls) and beatable President in George W. Bush.

This is all presuming you trust daily Gallup polls, which I certainly don't. I would guess there was a less than the 10% differential in favor of W. in comparing their actual popularity, but the nation was much more divided when Obama ran for re-election than when W. did.

Biden town hall tonight on CNN

https://twitter.com/steveguest/statu...751947778?s=21

And then you got this from earlier

https://twitter.com/steveguest/statu...082321408?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    Relatively yes, he averaged in the low 40s approval rating by Gallup in the run up to the campaign. He got a boost when voters got a look at his opposition: Mittens Romnulus Saint Patron of Wall Street. Most of what fueled Obama's popularity in his first term was massive bipartisan displeasure with TARP, bailouts, etc. The GOP wisely chose an even bigger puppet of Wall Street in order to beat this very beatable President. It was an even worse decision than the DNC choosing Kerry after they destroyed Dean, who subsequently lost to a similarly unpopular (he averaged about 50% in the run up Gallup daily polls) and beatable President in George W. Bush.

This is all presuming you trust daily Gallup polls, which I certainly don't. I would guess there was a less than the 10% differential in favor of W. in comparing their actual popularity, but the nation was much more divided when Obama ran for re-election than when W. did.
    But the common narrative is that the country is more divided now than ever in history.

And boy have we had a real **** show of candidates lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Biden town hall tonight on CNN

https://twitter.com/steveguest/statu...751947778?s=21

And then you got this from earlier

https://twitter.com/steveguest/statu...082321408?s=21

don't get your panties in a bunch because you don't like what I'm posting.
    Į\_(ツ)_/Į

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome
    the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    Dude its clear no one will care. The president now thinks he can yell at a virus, so I don't think that a guy who forgets his thoughts will be much of matter to the voters
    Jackie Bradley Junior.... that is all

Interesting. I went third party in 2012 and knew the disdain after he abandoned universities and unions for banks but didnít realize his approval dropped as well.

Is there a reason I should care what Joe Rogan says, thinks, or does?
    Last edited by Walter_White; 03-28-2020 at 11:02 PM.
    "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.Ē

-JFK

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Interesting. I went third party in 2012 and knew the disdain after he abandoned universities and unions for banks but didnít realize his approval dropped as well.

I voted Obama in 08 and neither in 12. I detest both Romney and McCain more than I do Obama, who I also do not like. I am doubtful that there is a peaceful way out of this situation. I think post-Corona Trump may be our last hope before we see the nation split. I did not vote for Trump and I am doubtful that he can seize the moment - however I will admit I've underrated him for his entire political career and he does seem to have good instincts (or, at least, he's lucky to have pathetic enemies).

Quote Originally Posted by Walter_White View Post
    Is there a reason I should care what Joe Rogan says, thinks, or does?
    No. His stand up is good. He does some decent interviews on his podcast. But heís not an insightful expert unless youíre a misogynistic meat head. Heís entertaining but people quote him like a Bible now.

Angry post from fingerbang on the way...

The 2020 Presidential Race

I voted Obama in 08 and neither in 12. I detest both Romney and McCain more than I do Obama, who I also do not like. I am doubtful that there is a peaceful way out of this situation. I think post-Corona Trump may be our last hope before we see the nation split. I did not vote for Trump and I am doubtful that he can seize the moment - however I will admit I've underrated him for his entire political career and he does seem to have good instincts (or, at least, he's lucky to have pathetic enemies).
    Weíve differed quite a bit but I think our overall voting and take is pretty similar. Agree on all fronts.

When Trump was elected, my boss at the time shared in my 1-1 that he was so mad that Trump was elected, that his wife stayed home from work to cry, that we were on our way toward civil war, etc.

I distinctly remember saying ďTrump might be the best thing that happens to this country.Ē

I thought it was going to be because he would be so inept that people would wisen up and abandon ship. And HOLY **** was I wrong.

That said, if Trumpís smart, heíd back down during COVID-19 and act like a compromising, kind human for once in his life and actually lead.

I donít think that thatíll happen, so Iím fully anticipating a full political split and 10-15 years of some really ugly, destructive politics from everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    When Trump was elected, my boss at the time shared in my 1-1 that he was so mad that Trump was elected, that his wife stayed home from work to cry, that we were on our way toward civil war, etc.

I distinctly remember saying ďTrump might be the best thing that happens to this country.Ē

I thought it was going to be because he would be so inept that people would wisen up and abandon ship. And HOLY **** was I wrong.

That said, if Trumpís smart, heíd back down during COVID-19 and act like a compromising, kind human for once in his life and actually lead.

I donít think that thatíll happen, so Iím fully anticipating a full political split and 10-15 years of some really ugly, destructive politics from everyone.
    Yeah, I thought the same thing. I thought the Democrats would learn from pushing forward unlikability and establishment and that the republicans would learn from *** kissing and the far right rhetoric...lol yeah right.

I also think that Trump winning would be good for liberals because - hey, itís a reminder from 2016 but I doubt it. Theyíll probably push forward another unlikable candidate in the future.

Honestly, I donít really care who wins at this point. Nothing is gonna get better until the people who think itís 1957 are out of politics.
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

New Bernie Sanders commercial:

https://youtu.be/trzg-HZ1rnc

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post

Heís got my vote

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post

So the ad is fine. But itís so obnoxious watching people on social media rave about how good some ads are. They actually think there are votes to be won on a tv commercial. Yawn.